Realistically what’s the % Pruitt survives...

As bad as the money situation is, I don't think Pruitt survives going 2-8 and finishing the year losing to this Vandy team. I'd say 15% chance he'd be back.

2-8 60% he survives
2-7 90% he survives
3-7 95% he survives

I think you seeing 2 other schools making a change and the recruiting class crumbling leads me to think its an decent shot he is terminated at 2-8.

100% he is not canned no matter what. Fulmer believes more time is the answer. I am sure he still thinks if he had time to right the ship we would not be where we are.

Financially UT absolutely cannot fire any coach at the moment. UT is still paying Butch Jones and the buy out for Coach Pruitt is $13 million...the whole UT Athletic program is almost $40 million dollars in the hole from lack of ticket sales and related income. Additionally the UT Athletic Department is short of funds to do anything at the moment. I am optimistic enough to believe that Pruitt can restore the program if we will give him a couple more years. Look at how long it took Clemson to restore their program.

Reactions: rikberry31
99.999% sure Pruitt will not get fired in 2020.

I was surprised when Vandy fired Mason. I know they have been bad but when you put zero money into the football program how do you expect to get good recruits?

P.S. Pruitt is getting fired it just won't be this year.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
Pruitt will be here next year. Probably with JG by his side

JG is done with this season period! By next season Bailey will have the experience to be our QB with an adequate backup. JG has spent 4 years here and is still making the same mistakes over and over with no sign of improvement. He has been playing now because he is all that we have at the moment until Bailey is developed.

Reactions: rikberry31
99.999% sure Pruitt will not get fired in 2020.

I was surprised when Vandy fired Mason. I know they have been bad but when you put zero money into the football program how do you expect to get good recruits?
The more coaches that are fired during this COVID season, the thinner that argument for keeping the Thumb seems.

Financially UT absolutely cannot fire any coach at the moment. UT is still paying Butch Jones and the buy out for Coach Pruitt is $13 million...the whole UT Athletic program is almost $40 million dollars in the hole from lack of ticket sales and related income. Additionally the UT Athletic Department is short of funds to do anything at the moment. I am optimistic enough to believe that Pruitt can restore the program if we will give him a couple more years. Look at how long it took Clemson to restore their program.

Here's a comparison of Pruitt and Dabo

Dabo (First Full Year): Won division, went to bowl game
Dabo (Second Full Year): Went to Bowl game
Dabo (Third Full Year): Won ACC; went to bowl game

Pruitt (First Full Year): No Bowl game
Pruitt (Second Full Year): Went to Bowl Game; lost to GA State
Pruitt (Third Full Year): TBD, 2-5, lost by double digits 5x in a row

Gamecock athletics facing $58 million shortfall due to coronavirus

Will Muschamp gets $13 million parting gift with South Carolina firing

There are zero indications that Pruitt is capable of slowing the descent of the program into ruin if given more time, and much more evidence that he will actually drive it further into the ground with his inability to actually perform as a HC.

are the chances of getting fired higher if we lose to Vandy by a last second field goal kicked by a girl?
They could beat us with 6 field-goals, because we can only score 17 points. That is unless our hapless, AARP-eligible QB throws a pick six or two.

Reactions: igotworms
Have you ever known Tennessee to throw in the towel on a coach when it’s painfully obvious they’re done? Hell no, we’ve got to wait another year, cost ourselves a few recruiting classes, make a spectacle of how Fing inept our admin is. Hell maybe Fulmer can get Pruitt another raise for those 2 wins this year.

Listen to local sports radio, it's 8 hours of excuses a day. Every day they talk constantly about missed practice time because of covid. Every guest talks about it. It's the official talking point of the program right now. I'd say it's 100 percent he ultimately doesn't survive if we go 2-8 this year, but I'd say it's near 100 percent he survives this season.

95%. Unless he does something egregious, he’ll be here at least one more year.
Getting his eyes pounded shut by Kentucky, at home, was egregious. So is a 6 (7 or 8) game losing streak for the first time in program history.

As bad as the money situation is, I don't think Pruitt survives going 2-8 and finishing the year losing to this Vandy team. I'd say 15% chance he'd be back.

Ah. You assume rationality. And a true desire to win. And I can see how you assume that, being a Bammer. The Bammer AD operates in such a fashion.

This is Tennessee. We ride the bomb all the way down. Just so long as the paychecks flow, NOTHING changes until everything explodes.

Getting his eyes pounded shut by Kentucky, at home, was egregious. So is a 6 (7 or 8) game losing streak for the first time in program history.

To the fans, yes I agree. Sadly the higher ups at UT think getting blown out by a lesser program in year three is no cause for concern.

VN Store

Back