Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
60 days is "pretty quick to act"? Intelligence briefings in January warned of possible pandemic and our government sat on its hands minus some congressmen trading stocks on their insider knowledge.

Yes. You don't just shut down everything every time a new disease pops up. Trump shut down air travel to China pretty quick, and was of course called names for doing so by the left. You have to remember history, even recent history. The SARS epidemic was handled very well by the Chinese. It was contained and we didn't have to shut down anything. We probably expected much of the same this time. The the Chinese lied this time, tried to cover it up, and it was a complete disaster. Now China will pay the price. The dummies have already re-opened the wet markets, so you can bet that the next pandemic will come courtesy of these nasty places.

Be tough for some of these schools to function without football revenue. I'm hopeful we'll have a season.. On a side note... I have a little trouble with the fall timeline on a return of covid-19. I would think mid winter myself when flu and Pneumonia cases spike..

You think working out in your home gym is comparable to the working out at UT's athletic facilities will a full staff of trainers and nutritionists?

Do you even know how many of our players have any sort of home gym at all?

Get back to me when you yourself are no longer 'clueless'.

Do you think some of the programs are able to work out more than the others? So long as everybody is on the same playing field, there's not adifference in the quantity of off season workouts for one school vs the other. Injury risk is proportional. Football might not be the caliber that it could have been, but it will be the same for each team.

Never thought muck about the Covid virus until it took a friend of mine. He was and still the best running back I ever saw play in the state of Tennessee. RIP Jimmy

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Be tough for some of these schools to function without football revenue. I'm hopeful we'll have a season.. On a side note... I have a little trouble with the fall timeline on a return of covid-19. I would think mid winter myself when flu and Pneumonia cases spike..

It's not about Bama getting an edge in us, it's about the safety of the players.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

So, at the very top of any article on Medium, is this disclaimer:

"Anyone can publish on Medium per our Policies, but we don’t fact-check every story."

I know this because I have been a contributor on Medium. Any Tom, Dick, or Peyton lovin' Hillbilly Harry with an account (that would be me) can publish on Medium. I'm not close to buyin' this one right now.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Yes. You don't just shut down everything every time a new disease pops up. Trump shut down air travel to China pretty quick, and was of course called names for doing so by the left. You have to remember history, even recent history. The SARS epidemic was handled very well by the Chinese. It was contained and we didn't have to shut down anything. We probably expected much of the same this time. The the Chinese lied this time, tried to cover it up, and it was a complete disaster. Now China will pay the price. The dummies have already re-opened the wet markets, so you can bet that the next pandemic will come courtesy of these nasty places.

It's past time for the world unite against China on this issue. No more wet markets. Period.

there used to not be any spring practice at all, two a days started in August and the games began in September

Unfortunately I disagree. I believe the fear has won. When people start demanding the government take their rights because of 30,000 upper respiratory viral infections and 400 deaths, I just dont see room for reason anymore. It's just not socially acceptable to think and reason in the face of overwhelming and unreasonable fear. I voted no season because until the media moves on the fear will be the determining factor.
you are wrong, if we had not taken these measures this virus would kill more than the 1918 flu and the hospitals would be treating people in the parking lots
39,083 deaths in 3 months

you are wrong, if we had not taken these measures this virus would kill more than the 1918 flu and the hospitals would be treating people in the parking lots
I’m all for social distancing till appropriate but even the worst projections didn’t have those numbers. The Spanish flu killed anywhere from 20 to 50 million worldwide.

A conference commissioner from out west reportedly said that without 2020 football there will be no DI sports this school year due to economics. Health threats aside, this takes me back to the 1980 Summer Olympic boycott. All of those young people training so long and hard for that one shining moment. Sad...

Kinda hard to prove that and considering the studies come out lately it seems the worst case was very unrealistic.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back