Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?
I don’t think the economy can afford to keep things locked down very long. Too many jobs being lost. Too many people being driven into poverty. Coronavirus is serious, but at some point people will have to accept its existence as a new normal

I think there will be a season but I think they’ll be a lot of adjustments made and probably a very short season.

I don’t think the economy can afford to keep things locked down very long. Too many jobs being lost. Too many people being driven into poverty. Coronavirus is serious, but at some point people will have to accept its existence as a new normal

It's a virus with no verified "cure" that is highly contagious....

People keep throwing up Flu fatalities dont understand why Coronavirus is much more dangerous...right now.

Right now, I want to be positive about our getting a handle on this novel coronavirus such that there will be a 2020 CFB season, even if it must be a truncated one.

Reactions: mercuryvol

People keep throwing up Flu fatalities dont understand why Coronavirus is much more dangerous...right now.
We do not have the stats to support any facts right now. As of today the Coronavirus is running a mortality rate of around 1.3% in the US with limited testing of verified cases. If we had already tested at the level of influenza testing the mortality rate would be much lower. But we only began limited testing of people with symptoms the last couple of weeks. How many people actually had COVID-19 previously and thought they had the flu?

Exactly I’ve been saying it and trying to tell people that since January. No immunity and no vaccine and extremely contagious plus the ability to advance into severe pneumonia for alot of people makes this a very serious and dangerous virus

They will go ahead and put them out there and people will buy. I have to buy mine if I want to keep my really good seats that I've had for 25 years and for which a new purchaser would have to contribute 7 times what I do now.

yeah I intend to purchase mine as well. I (poorly I might add), was really trying to put it out there to VN to get a feel for how many season ticket holders here were going to buy theirs if or when they are made available even though I wonder if the normal dates will be altered.

Freaking nightmare right now on the medical front. I’ve never seen anything like it. People comparing it to the flu are clueless; if you’re north of 55 yo this virus is absolutely deadly.

Everyone needs to do their part and help us get ahead of this thing at this point. I doubt seriously we’re far enough along to have an effective vaccine quickly enough for fall football. Protect yourselves and your family and limit social contact unless necessary.

I dont want anyone to be sick, with that said: as of today we have lost 300 to cv19... that is from the time China announced it a few months ago to today. In the same amount of time last year we had lost more than 18,000 to the flu.....

These numbers dont add up
The flu season starts in October so those deaths have been adding up for 6 months vs 3 months for CV19. The US is just now getting into the teeth of this thing. The numbers may be comparable by June, but hopefully I’m wrong.

Reactions: mercuryvol
I hate any deaths, but as we further get grips on this things will get better. New York and California and a few other areas have worse problems than most others. If the death rate doesn't rise dramatically and things start to level we will have to get people back to work. Common sense says the death rate is probably not even 1 percent worldwide. Again any death is sad, but at some point in the next month or 6 weeks we are going to have to start letting some folks go back to work and open some things back up. But for the next 7-10 days I have no problem with sticking to what we are doing. I think things are going to get better as we get into May. Of course things could get tougher, but America will survive and come back stronger than ever. God Bless all and GBO!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed........right at this second (2317 hours) we are sitting at 14,739 deaths worldwide which divided by the 343,678 reported cases puts the world at 4.2%.......Additionally USA has 35,193 cases with only 470 deaths, which is only a 1.3% death rate. I say we keep doing what we're doing and knock this crap out and return everyone back to work, etc.

What if a million young people in perfect health volunteered to be exposed to the virus, isolated for two weeks in otherwise empty hotels, and then hired to assist at hospitals?

I didn't vote because I have no idea but we will get past all this. The key is when. I could see them starting the season late, like November and finishing up in February and overlapping with other sports. It would be unprecedented I believe but everything else is right now too.

In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?

Absolutely we will have the 2020 season.

Folks, there will be short-term repercussions but this too shall pass. We'll get through it just fine and emerge into spring and summer with a roar of life. Our nerves have been rattled and it will take some time but normal life will soon resume with great zest and zeal and passion. The lucky ones among us will see it blossom and explode September 26, 2020 in Neyland.

Reactions: TheBigOne10
If taking a 3 week break of shutting down economic activity does not slow the virus down, then neither will 6 weeks, 6 months, or a year. At some point, people will go out and make a living again and we'll live and die with the results of it. The vast majority of people get it recover in the high ninety percentile. Therefore IMO, the season will be full underway. The Chinese are already recovering back to normal, the idea is we won't manage this better than them? GTFOH

No Way we play this season, the so called experts say it will take 2 cycle's to we get a hold on the Virus, they think the Virus will calm down in 8 to 10 weeks, then the second cycle will begin in late fall so if you think about it., we can't take the chance, before i catch heat, i am not saying this the so called experts are, i hope they are wrong, this is like World World 2, we are FIGHTING A WAR TO SAVE LIFE'S I KNOW MOST ARE OLD AND SICK that will die but a lot of VOL NATION PARENTS AND GRAND PARENTS WILL DIE if they are sick.

Reactions: VolAllen
I truly hope that’s the case so that we as a nation can come together and beat this thing.
We the UNITED STATES will beat this deadly virus, but many sick and and older people will die and many hard working people will lose everything that have worked for all there life, don't won't to seem death and gloom but that;s where we are at, really football is not a big deal if we play, when you are fighting a war to saves life;s.

Lol people still worried over this? Wtf. Vaccine is almost complete and so is the cure so either way we good lol 😂😂

VN Store

Back