Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
It is, til it ain’t. If it goes on that long, our lives as we know it are probably over for good. Just be lining up for that government teet.....and keeping in step 😑

It already has and will continue to. Textile mills are opening in NC or changing over to strictly make masks or other supplies to help meet the needs. To the point of millions and millions a day.

I worry about the store owners, restaurant owners, and small town folks who will commit suicide because they’re buried under so much debt, house payments, etc with no help.

To your last point, I don’t believe you’ll see that this time around. This is different than 08-09. Back then it was, dang, maybe I should have saved more and not bought that car, or not put that pool in, etc.. You were told if you didn’t have the money, too bad, get out. This feels totally different. I’m getting emails from credit card companies, electric companies, and auto loans saying hey, if you can’t pay, don’t worry about it. Pay us when you can. Everyone is truly in this one together.

To your last point, I don’t believe you’ll see that this time around. This is different than 08-09. Back then it was, dang, maybe I should have saved more and not bought that car, or not put that pool in, etc.. You were told if you didn’t have the money, too bad, get out. This feels totally different. I’m getting emails from credit card companies, electric companies, and auto loans saying hey, if you can’t pay, don’t worry about it. Pay us when you can. Everyone is truly in this one together.

I truly hope that’s the case so that we as a nation can come together and beat this thing.

Come April 1, will the university put the season tickets out for purchase and if they did , who is buying them?
I doubt that they are made available since everything is shut down for the remainder of the semester.

I'm wondering this as well. Also wondering if there isn't a season, will donations be refunded. If not, I'll be raising absolute hell.

This virus isn't something we rid ourselves of. We are simply trying to manage this so our hospitals do not get overwhelmed. Within two months there should be an effective anti-viral drug on the market. COVID19 will enter our new normal for a while. Eventually, we can hope for a vaccine and hope it's very effective like the measles vaccine and not 50-50 like the flu vaccine.

We simply cannot sustain this. The deaths from a crashing economy would even outstrip doing nothing on COVID19.

Football will go on but maybe a conference game only type season.

If there is no season, what happens to seniors? They can't give them another year eligibility with in coming freshmen could they?

I'm wondering this as well. Also wondering if there isn't a season, will donations be refunded. If not, I'll be raising absolute hell.

Keep the faith, gatorhater1509.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If not... stupidity would have compounded stupidity. In 2009, we did not cancel sporting events or destroy the economy. About 60 million people from April 2009 to April 2010 had Swine flu. About 13,000 people died.

Maybe the reaction should have been stronger then... but it is definitely overblown this time. We're not on a trajectory for anything like those numbers. In flu season 2017-2018... 70,000 people died of the flu. Hundreds of thousands were hospitalized. Where was the panic?

In reality, this like most viruses should die down in the summer. There is a good chance of a therapy by the fall. There is an outside chance considering the amount of resources being thrown at it that there will be a vaccine.

We will also know the effectiveness of the British means of dealing with this. They are isolating high risk people but otherwise allowing the virus to run its course. They want "herd immunity" as fast as possible. We may decide to follow them.

Come April 1, will the university put the season tickets out for purchase and if they did , who is buying them?
I doubt that they are made available since everything is shut down for the remainder of the semester.

They will go ahead and put them out there and people will buy. I have to buy mine if I want to keep my really good seats that I've had for 25 years and for which a new purchaser would have to contribute 7 times what I do now.

I hate any deaths, but as we further get grips on this things will get better. New York and California and a few other areas have worse problems than most others. If the death rate doesn't rise dramatically and things start to level we will have to get people back to work. Common sense says the death rate is probably not even 1 percent worldwide. Again any death is sad, but at some point in the next month or 6 weeks we are going to have to start letting some folks go back to work and open some things back up. But for the next 7-10 days I have no problem with sticking to what we are doing. I think things are going to get better as we get into May. Of course things could get tougher, but America will survive and come back stronger than ever. God Bless all and GBO!!!!!!!!!!

If not... stupidity would have compounded stupidity. In 2009, we did not cancel sporting events or destroy the economy. About 60 million people from April 2009 to April 2010 had Swine flu. About 13,000 people died.

Maybe the reaction should have been stronger then... but it is definitely overblown this time. We're not on a trajectory for anything like those numbers. In flu season 2017-2018... 70,000 people died of the flu. Hundreds of thousands were hospitalized. Where was the panic?
Every virus runs its course. The French have already produced an effective treatment regime that is thought to be killing the virus in humans. They are so convinced that it is working that they say it is malpractice not to use it.

The curve on this is already falling in China and South Korea. The smartest thing we did was to close down our links to China to keep the numbers down here. As soon as we have people that have developed the antibodies from the infection we will also see a decline. You also have to wonder if the virus has not already been present in people before now and they thought they had flu like symptoms. We do not know for sure because no one has been testing for it and the testing we are doing now is showing cases were already present in the population, especially in the larger urban areas.

One course of action I do not understand at this point is setting up the temporary hospitals in the large metro areas. Who is going to take care of those additional patients? The existing medical personnel are already stretched to the limit in the clinics and hospitals.

The one lesson that we have to learn from this is that we should never be dependent on any other country for our industry and manufacturing output. We have to have the same attitude with this as we had with oil in the last century.

I do have to wonder about the panic when so many more people die with the flu this year in the US.

Last edited:
In reality, this like most viruses should die down in the summer. There is a good chance of a therapy by the fall. There is an outside chance considering the amount of resources being thrown at it that there will be a vaccine.

We will also know the effectiveness of the British means of dealing with this. They are isolating high risk people but otherwise allowing the virus to run its course. They want "herd immunity" as fast as possible. We may decide to follow them.

Sorry but afraid you're behind on this. The Brits have completely changed their position. They are on the verge of a complete lockdown. It was a British epidemiological study released last Sunday that changed our administration's plans when it predicted that if England didn't change course they would have 250,000 deaths with the total collapse of their health care system and we would have 1 million dead. That is why the President completely changed course this past Monday.

If our country is still shut down in June its over.

There is no coming back.

Too many businesses will shutter.

Budiness landlords will either demand payment on tenants that cant pay due to no business or the landlord will be unable to pay their lenders for the bank notes.

Banks will go under.

Unemployment will be over 20 percent and stranglehold the system.

Tax revenues will plummet which will cause the debt to be impossible to pay.

This cannot go beyond April or it's over.
This will def go beyond April

no way this ends before April. Maybe, and at this point I think it’s a big maybe end of May it might be under control. We’re easily looking at June at best maybe even July if this doesent get under control quickly. People need to take this seriously stay smart, stay healthy, stay safe. Didn’t Trump say the other day this might last till July or August

Hopefully, we wake up before then and decide that fear will not control us.
Unfortunately I disagree. I believe the fear has won. When people start demanding the government take their rights because of 30,000 upper respiratory viral infections and 400 deaths, I just dont see room for reason anymore. It's just not socially acceptable to think and reason in the face of overwhelming and unreasonable fear. I voted no season because until the media moves on the fear will be the determining factor.

Every virus runs its course. The French have already produced an effective treatment regime that is thought to be killing the virus in humans. They are so convinced that it is working that they say it is malpractice not to use it.

The curve on this is already falling in China and South Korea. The smartest thing we did was to close down our links to China to keep the numbers down here. As soon as we have people that have developed the antibodies from the infection we will also see a decline. You also have to wonder if the virus has not already been present in people before now and they thought they had flu like symptoms. We do not know for sure because no one has been testing for it and the testing we are doing now is showing cases were already present in the population, especially in the larger urban areas.

One course of action I do not understand at this point is setting up the temporary hospitals in the large metro areas. Who is going to take care of those additional patients? The existing medical personnel are already stretched to the limit in the clinics and hospitals.

The one lesson that we have to learn from this is that we should never be dependent on any other country for our industry and manufacturing output. We have to have the same attitude with this as we had with oil in the last century.

I do have to wonder about the panic when so many more people die with the flu this year in the US.

It’s how easily this travels and the incubation period. We could stop it cold in two weeks if they went to a strict nationwide shelter in place. Can’t believe they haven’t yet. Freakin car dealerships are still open. Please tell me how you stay six feet away on a test drive?

In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?
Pads will be popping this fall!!! Book it!!!!

Reactions: onevol74
In my mind, they would have to return by May to even consider having a 2020 college football season. Even that is putting a lot of teams behind. Consider Miss State and Ole Miss for example. 2 new coaching staffs. No way they’re ready to go by August if all they have is June and July to prepare. Does anyone know the actual number of teams with new staffs leading into 2020?

I personally don’t believe we’ll have a college football season in 2020. Hard to imagine, but I just don’t see it.

Thoughts?

Until 15 years ago, many power five teams didn't even have football players in summer school, so I would dispute the idea that we couldn't have a season if they didn't report until July or August.

VN Store

Back