Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
If it does or does not happen? The one consistent will be I won't watch or even listen either way. I have heard my last call of targeting. May never watch or listen to another live game. After that effectively deciding the outcome of the last national championship? Maybe it should shut down for a year or two. Right now? There are many greater concerns.

If the current drug combo they're testing proves to work in getting rid of the symptoms then I think things will move forward

I have high hopes this will happen. But those at highest risk? Such as cancer patients, those with Lupus, AIDS, and other conditions? I fear even if it becomes available by mid April, this thing is going to wipe out many more than we can imagine.

If we don’t have a season, it doesn’t matter. If our economy collapses, no one will have the money to go nor care about football or any other sports. Better open this thing up before the end of April.

I have high hopes this will happen. But those at highest risk? Such as cancer patients, those with Lupus, AIDS, and other conditions? I fear even if it becomes available by mid April, this thing is going to wipe out many more than we can imagine.

Curious about how many deaths do you imagine?

They acted pretty quick in my view. Quick enough that some of the dems were screaming about racism and xenophobia when the first travel bans were enacted.

They acted pretty quickly to arrest anyone sounding the alarm that this was a serious issue, and were quick to start spreading misinformation, and are still doing so.
Li Wenliang - Wikipedia
China Is Avoiding Blame by Trolling the World
Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

And there are now questions as to whether China is telling the truth on the numbers of actual fatalities and current infection rates.
Stacks of Urns in Wuhan Prompt New Questions of Virus’s Toll

Fatalities in the millions would be nearly impossible. Death rate is lower than advertised because so many young people are getting it and not getting tested and just recover on their own, or catch it and show zero symptoms and thus never get tested. This doesn't show up in the stats. I would bet a fast tracked vaccine shows up by mid fall.
Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester_cropped.png

I expect 80-90k by the end of the year in the US. Some who would’ve passed by the end of the year, 1-1-21 regardless.

Just like summer colds if an infected person comes in close contact with another person then the virus can still spread easily. However, it cannot live on surfaces or in the air for very long, and is less buoyant, so much fewer people will become infected then if there less UV light and lower humidity.

small.png

Nothing against the Disney employees, but the fact that Disney is losing money? Not a going concern to me.
It should concern you, they are the biggest employer in FL - and a badly performing Disney would kill not only FL’s economy but also affect their suppliers and contractors in other states, including TN.

Reactions: VolAllen
It should concern you, they are the biggest employer in FL - and a badly performing Disney would kill not only FL’s economy but also affect their suppliers and contractors in other states, including TN.

Well, it doesn't. I despise Disney, and their crap films. They have been buying up properties, and turning them to crap, IMO. Almost like they are trying to monopolize the entertainment industry. If they go belly up? Several other studios will fill the gap better. And we might get some more interesting programs without their greasy fingers on it.

On a side note, is Tom Brady a genius? Did he sign a 2 year, guaranteed $50mil contract knowing he was probably only going to play 1 season?! Could be the easiest 25mil in history if the NFL season is cancelled lol

Who knows? The way he takes care of himself? He might retire at 50. Unlikely, but I think he sticks as long as he can until he gets one more ring. As a starter or key backup to a younger guy. Doubt he stay as a backup, but as a mentor? Who knows? I think he is out to prove something. That he can win without Belichick. And that could yield more than the 25 to 50 million you are drooling over.

Who knows? The way he takes care of himself? He might retire at 50. Unlikely, but I think he sticks as long as he can until he gets one more ring. As a starter or key backup to a younger guy. Doubt he stay as a backup, but as a mentor? Who knows? I think he is out to prove something. That he can win without Belichick. And that could yield more than the 25 to 50 million you are drooling over.
Bro, I mean no disrespect here, but you may need therapy.

Reactions: MSrivervol
Just like summer colds if an infected person comes in close contact with another person then the virus can still spread easily. However, it cannot live on surfaces or in the air for very long, and is less buoyant, so much fewer people will become infected then if there less UV light and lower humidity.

But this one is said to last longer on surfaces. Whether that is fact or fear? Who knows?

Reactions: norrislakevol
Fatalities in the millions would be nearly impossible. Death rate is lower than advertised because so many young people are getting it and not getting tested and just recover on their own, or catch it and show zero symptoms and thus never get tested. This doesn't show up in the stats. I would bet a fast tracked vaccine shows up by mid fall.

I agree a death toll in the million+ range is unlikely but is 10s of thousands any better?

Death rate is pretty low (well under 1% is last I heard). This, however, assumes that care remains available. Even younger people can get very sick and need low level ventilators to recover. If these aren’t available mortality rates go up.

The point is scale. If this continues to double and no pharmacological treatment becomes available there simply won’t be enough people or equipment. This doesn’t even factor in the reduced capacity of the system to treat trauma, stroke or heart cases in the most impacted areas. To be transparent I don’t know if that’s going to happen but, again, it’s feasible.

The vaccine needs to be sooner rather than later. Sounds like this thing doesn’t mutate much so confidence is high a vaccine will help whip its a$$.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I agree a death toll in the million+ range is unlikely but is 10s of thousands any better?

Death rate is pretty low (well under 1% is last I heard). This, however, assumes that care remains available. Even younger people can get very sick and need low level ventilators to recover. If these aren’t available mortality rates go up.

The point is scale. If this continues to double and no pharmacological treatment becomes available there simply won’t be enough people or equipment. This doesn’t even factor in the reduced capacity of the system to treat trauma, stroke or heart cases in the most impacted areas. To be transparent I don’t know if that’s going to happen but, again, it’s feasible.

The vaccine needs to be sooner rather than later. Sounds like this thing doesn’t mutate much so confidence is high a vaccine will help whip its a$$.

Keep telling yourself that. In time, I think everyone ends up exposed. Social distancing just buys time to manage it. Everyone just needs to get stronger to survive it. I just hope bourbon is part of the cure. On that, I am well prepared.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
They acted pretty quickly to arrest anyone sounding the alarm that this was a serious issue, and were quick to start spreading misinformation, and are still doing so.
Li Wenliang - Wikipedia
China Is Avoiding Blame by Trolling the World
Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

And there are now questions as to whether China is telling the truth on the numbers of actual fatalities and current infection rates.
Stacks of Urns in Wuhan Prompt New Questions of Virus’s Toll

I meant the U.S. was pretty quick to act. Sorry, I was confused to who you were referring to it seems. China completely screwed up here. They cared about their image more than containing a health threat. I hope that they pay dearly for this. I have zero sympathy or respect for the ruthless, evil Chinese communist party.

What makes you say that? I haven't heard any date range past June, maybe July where this hasn't peaked?
Without a vaccine what's gonna change? The virus is in the population now and unless the hot weather knocks it back, as soon as they tell us to go back to our normal living, BOOM, It starts spreading again and we are right back to square one within a week. Even if the hot weather slows the spread, fall and winter are coming! So our plan is to stay isolated for a month, 3 months, 3 years? Once again without a vaccine after social distancing ends what has changed? I've questioned from the beginning our response and the hysteria this virus has created. Maybe it's wise and warranted, but I dunno.

Reactions: Coach_Z
I meant the U.S. was pretty quick to act. Sorry, I was confused to who you were referring to it seems. China completely screwed up here. They cared about their image more than containing a health threat. I hope that they pay dearly for this. I have zero sympathy or respect for the ruthless, evil Chinese communist party.

60 days is "pretty quick to act"? Intelligence briefings in January warned of possible pandemic and our government sat on its hands minus some congressmen trading stocks on their insider knowledge.

Without a vaccine what's gonna change? The virus is in the population now and unless the hot weather knocks it back, as soon as they tell us to go back to our normal living, BOOM, It starts spreading again and we are right back to square one within a week. Even if the hot weather slows the spread, fall and winter are coming! So our plan is to stay isolated for a month, 3 months, 3 years? Once again without a vaccine after social distancing ends what has changed? I've questioned from the beginning our response and the hysteria this virus has created. Maybe it's wise and warranted, but I dunno.

Ha! That makes all of us. At some point we will either develop a way to treat this thing efficiently or yeah, stay indoors until new cases flatline for 14 days.

The assumption is (yeah, we know what that means) that after 14 days of no new cases all current cases are identified and isolated. at that point it’s safe to go back to normal activities.

This can, of course, be blown out of the water by someone who is non symptomatic spreading the virus unbeknownst to anyone and they also become contagious w/o symptoms. Then the cycle starts over again.

This Is like living in the twilight zone.

Reactions: fullmetalvol

VN Store

Back