Realistic Approach against UF

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
1. Keep Milton on the bench and start Hooker. He’s definitely not perfect but I liked what I saw in him against Pitt. He needs to limit the turnovers however to be effective.

2. This is JH’s first year so I’ll give him a pass but please, no more shotgun on 4th and 1. Pound the ball inside or QB sneak. Maybe have some QB design runs for Hooker.

3. Continue to play fast and keep Florida’s defense on the field.

4. Limit turnovers and stupid penalties.

Again, I’m never confident against Florida but if we can play hard and not make stupid mistakes, there’s a slight chance we could pull off the upset.

However, I’ll have to see it to believe it.

At this point I just want to have competitive games against all SEC opponents. In the 4th quarter I want a "punchers" chance of winning.

Reactions: Thorp32
Sell out to stop the run. Hopefully make some splash plays and force a few turnovers. You never know..

Long snapper as center. Milton stands where the punter is in punt formation. He runs backwards and throws off his back foot.

I think you just solved everyone's problems.

Milton becomes a Heisman Candidate.

UT wins games .....fans become less disgruntled.

Heupel gets a pay raise and lifetime contract.

Reactions: mpfvol and McDad
1. Keep Milton on the bench and start Hooker. He’s definitely not perfect but I liked what I saw in him against Pitt. He needs to limit the turnovers however to be effective.

2. This is JH’s first year so I’ll give him a pass but please, no more shotgun on 4th and 1. Pound the ball inside or QB sneak. Maybe have some QB design runs for Hooker.

Again, I’m never confident against Florida but if we can play hard and not make stupid mistakes, there’s a slight chance we could pull off the upset.

No way we lose.

Agree totally with OP.

I would throw in making a splash play or two in special teams and try to make the Gators one dimensional and pass the ball.

Long snapper as center. Milton stands where the punter is in punt formation. He runs backwards and throws off his back foot.

Would be hilarious but it could work. At least the long snapper part, lol.

Reactions: McDad
It would be nice to play as close to a flawless game against UF for once. 2001 is probably the laste time that happened and UF was playing their A game too.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

How about this - on goal line offense, line up Milton behind center and let him run the ball on a qb sneak. Designed play just for Milton.

I hate seeing the shotgun of 4th and 1 at the goal.

Reactions: preacherwebb
We didn’t play flawless in 2001. We should’ve won by 30. Witten had his worse game in his career

I’m convinced Witten was shaving points that night.

Also, UF got bailed out on a Grossman fumble that was called an incomplete pass. We went on the score a TD that same drive.

UT was dominant.

Did you like the 2 short yardage TD runs from the shotgun on Saturday? Do you only dislike short yardage runs from the shotgun when they don’t work? Did you notice the reason it didn’t work on that 4th down was b/c their D-line figured out our snap count and collapsed our O-line which means even a QB sneak from under center wouldn’t have gained any yards?

VN Store

Back