Realignment

West-Tn-Vol

With Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC now what is everyone’s opinion on how the divisions should be?...I mean I know the obvious would be move Alabama and Auburn to the east but who’s to say they won’t put one of Okie or Texas in the east’i Mean Mizzou is in the east so no reason they can’t place one of these!!!!

I think it's going to be exactly as you and so many others on here have said. Alabama and Auburn will go to the east and Mizzou will move to the west. Each team will play the other 7 teams in their division plus two rotating opponents from the other division and 3 OOC games. Any other variation of that makes little to no sense. Some have suggested four 4 team pods. That could work too but I prefer the two 8 team division format.

4 divisions

Play 3 teams from your own and rotate 2 teams from the others. That’s 9 conference games.

No permanent cross division games but you’ll play every team in the conference every two years.

Division champs all have a play in games determined by rank. Winners play for the SEC title.

With Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC now what is everyone’s opinion on how the divisions should be?...I mean I know the obvious would be move Alabama and Auburn to the east but who’s to say they won’t put one of Okie or Texas in the east’i Mean Mizzou is in the east so no reason they can’t place one of these!!!!

Don't think there will be 9 conference games. Each year, half the league will have 5 home games and half will have 4. Probably be too much b*tching.

Word on the street is Clemson and Florida St. are coming too. Apparently Sankey is also interested in Notre Dame and Ohio St. One big super conference just remove the SEC name.

I want to go with East adding Alabama and Auburn and losing Missouri and West gaining Missouri, OU, and Texas. 9 Conference games. 2 games with the other division and rotate opponents every year.

This seems like best scenario but I could see pods happening. My issue with the pods though is that Tennessee will lose some of its annual rivalries (Florida and Kentucky seem likely as the most popular pod situation has us with Alabama, Auburn, and Vandy).

Word on the street is Clemson and Florida St. are coming too. Apparently Sankey is also interested in Notre Dame and Ohio St. One big super conference just remove the SEC name.

Clemson and Florida State will be next but don't bank on them anytime soon. I think we hold off on adding teams for another 5-6 years. The ACC contract isn't up until 2030 or something. I think the SEC is changing its views on expansions. I think they will want to grab teams like Clemson and FSU to not only get the brands and markets but also retain the in-state rivalry games and bring them into the SEC.

Not sure about Georgia Tech as that program has been on a major freefall when it comes to fan attendance and marketability (they are still sometimes competitive in football but their fanbase is shrinking heavily. They are quickly turning into the Vandy of Georgia).

I don't want any more teams north of the Mason/Dixon line in the SEC. It's bad enough we have Missouri and so many teams now west of the Mississippi. Ohio State needs to stay in the Big 10. In fact, Notre Dame in The Big 10 makes so much more sense than the SEC and ACC. To me that's a perfect fit for them culturally and geographically.

Last edited:
I don't want any more teams north of the Mason/Dixon line in the SEC. It's bad enough we have so many teams now west of the Mississippi. Ohio State needs to stay in the Big 10. In fact, Notre Dame in The Big 10 makes so much more sense than the SEC and ACC. To me that's a perfect fit for them culturally and geographically.
. I agree 100 percent! Keep the Irish and Suckeyes out of the SEC !!

This is pretty far fetched. If and when the SEC raids the ACC, the NC and VA schools are a higher priority.
. I can see the SEC expanding to 20 teams and that’s it the next four teams to come in should come east of the Mississippi. We are good with west teams in A&M , Mizzou and now Boomer and Texas. I would like Miami, Florida St., Clemson and Va. Tech or Georgia Tech they fit in much better culture and geography wise than the recent additions.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I think if there is NO divisions each team plays 3-4 permanent teams….

alabama- auburn tennessee LSU
AUBURN- alabama UGA lsu
arkansas- lsu mizzou tamu
georgia- Florida auburn tennessee
florida- UGA lsu Arkansas
kentucky miss st usc Vandy
LSU Florida auburn alabama
miss- miss st vandy
miss st- ole miss kentucky
missouri
USCe- kentucky Vandy
Tennesse- Alabama Georgia vandy
tamu texas Oklahoma Arkansas
vandy Tennessee kentucky ole miss
texas Oklahoma tamu mizzou
oklahoma texas tamu Missouri

Don't see it expanding to 20 for some time. I think 16 is a good number. You will see the other power 4 or 5 conferences expand while a few may be out of business. It may get to 20 one of these days, but I think they should see how the 16 works for a good while first. GBO!!!!!

Hehehe..... Football is a pimple at OhSU compared to the research budget and that's true for a lot of he B1G schools. The admins there aren't aligning with the likes of MState. Football is just a "side piece" to the B1G that happens to be profitable. They aren't "jumping conferences" for a lousy few million. They like their schools to be academics first, sports second.

The least of our worries is a B1G school wanting to align with the SEC.

Reactions: UTwild82
Clemson and Florida State will be next but don't bank on them anytime soon. I think we hold off on adding teams for another 5-6 years. The ACC contract isn't up until 2030 or something. I think the SEC is changing its views on expansions. I think they will want to grab teams like Clemson and FSU to not only get the brands and markets but also retain the in-state rivalry games and bring them into the SEC.

Not sure about Georgia Tech as that program has been on a major freefall when it comes to fan attendance and marketability (they are still sometimes competitive in football but their fanbase is shrinking heavily. They are quickly turning into the Vandy of Georgia).
Clemson and Florida State not going anywhere, their will be four conferences and 16 team playoff in the end.
1st round higher seed hosts the game at their stadium. After that neutral sites.

This is pretty far fetched. If and when the SEC raids the ACC, the NC and VA schools are a higher priority.
Been meaning to ask you....
What's the word on Henry To'oto'o down there? How's he progressing??

VN Store

Back