Ready for the New Conferences...?

The Good: We'd dominate that conference.
The Bad: We could no longer recruit prospects dreaming of playing in the SEC.
The Ugly: Oregon's uniforms would not change.

Would not shock me to see some attrition, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Tulane and those types may use this as a way to get out of D1 Football

As a Tennessee and Northwestern Graduate I'd be okay with just that one game change of schedule.........otherwise SEC football is the finest product that exists, and to see that gone along with all that southern football has meant, no thanks.

That will never happen because the majority of those schools make very little if any money. And the TV money and markets would dictate who and what goes where. Actually this is just plain silly. The key word...money, money, money...hey someone should write a song that starts out with those lyrics...never mind!

the Sunbelt is probably the toughest conference on there: Bama, Aubbie, LSU. Then followed by the Deep South: FL, GA FSU, Miami. and UCF is no pushover some years.

This is similar to what I thought would happen when the playoff teams are expanded to 8. I figured there would be some type of reshuffling in order to have a total of 8 "divisions" with the champion of each "division" being an automatic bid into the playoffs.
that's exactly what I came up with after the first judgement of the "committee".

Mine was a little bit wilder. Abolishing the Big12 (it's been self-destructing already(lost CU,NU, TAMU, MZ I'm sure I'm leaving someone out), making 4 Power 4 conferences, 16 teams each 2-8 team divisions. Division championships are the first playoff rounds or you can cede the divisions and have for example: Big10 east vs. Pac 12 North, SECw vs. Big 10 W.

I believe in having a 16 team playoff like the BCS.

I was for the CFP like most fans but the CFP needs some changing, people have to recognize that there needs to be change, right now the CFPs have benefited "the rich get richer" (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma, even Washington have been the benefactors of the CFP as it stands.

I see some issues with the article, but a lot get upset over someone's idea. Maybe It's rev. 1 and needs a little massaging. Looks to me like a Penn St guy wrote it but TN didn't do too bad either. At least everyone has a chance to play for a championship, not elected by a committee. And don't underestimate the conferences ability to screw up a wet dream. And it takes the NCAA forever to actually do something (the NCAA takes at least 5 years before it'll make a change.

It's got some mistakes, but it's not bad for a first run. Better than sitting back a going all ape on someone's idea. It's a good article to discuss during the off-season, I hope the dude got paid even if it's nonsense to some.

Reactions: MR_VOL
SECW-Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida State
SECE- Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Clemson

Add one more SEC rotational crossover game, NCAA 8 team playoff, 16 if you start with conference title games. I also considered basketball in the conference re align, that's why I added NC. I deleted Missouri, cause they are Missouri. Vanderbilt may need to be reconsidered eventually. I left them alone because they are a founding member of the SEC.

No. After I leave for me new home in heaven, hopefully a lot of seasons down the road, I don't care what the young uns do but, while I'm still walking the earth, I prefer the old school, good ole, and traditional way of doing things. Unless we can dramatically reduce cost, and prove that up front, improve quality, and by far upgrade the way things are done, I don't support it. All this change for change's sake is ridiculous.

VN Store

Back