Re: Warrior

The entire D has been inconsistent......and bad, but clearly played well today.

I to wish to congratulate Warrior on today, and last week. Off for second helpings of humble pie

It was 27 couch's guy. Warrior tried to make up for him but it was too late.

Nope. 27 had the RB #8. You can watch 35 tell him his assignment pre-snap. On the playaction, 27 moves with 8. 35 moves with 82 across the formation. 26 also comes up to cover 82. So it's a question of who screwed up 26 or 35 because they essentially double covered the HB/TE, leaving #2 wide open for the TD.

Nope. 27 had the RB #8. You can watch 35 tell him his assignment pre-snap. On the playaction, 27 moves with 8. 35 moves with 82 across the formation. 26 also comes up to cover 82. So it's a question of who screwed up 26 or 35 because they essentially double covered the HB/TE, leaving #2 wide open for the TD.
Mybad coach

He played a heck of a game, well done OP. He’s deserved some of the criticism but warrior keeps playing and fighting. Seems to be improving at a good time.

Warrior deserves every bit of the criticism he has gotten in the past AND every bit of the praise he rightly earned today. His light switched on and he played lights out today.

It helped the secondary that the MSU qb's were showing little arm strength and low velocity, but NWarrior and the boys showed up.

I posted a few weeks ago after the BYU game that Warrior often looked lost in pass coverage. I'd just like to publicly say that he played a heck of a game today, our whole defense did. Hats off to the boys and also JG for managing the game.
Nigel was a Warrior today:cool:

That's zone coverage right? Then the linebackers should flow with the QB eyes. I'm even more confused on who's fault that was now lol. Just glad we won

Not 100% sure. The CBs and Bituli were clearly in man coverage. Warrior was in zone - either cover 1 or cover 2. Theo was either cover two or robber or thought he was in man??? Looked like our nickle was covering the flat on the strongside.

Reactions: Jrobin
I posted a few weeks ago after the BYU game that Warrior often looked lost in pass coverage. I'd just like to publicly say that he played a heck of a game today, our whole defense did. Hats off to the boys and also JG for managing the game.
Warrior had his best game as a Vol. Hope he has his best game for the next seven games.

VN Store

Back