RBs Caleb King

You take him and don't look back!! Have you seen this guys game tapes? He looks real strong and the type of hard nose runner with speed that UT has not had in a while.

You can move the other guys to different positions.

I do believe UT has gone after more athletes that they hope they can use at a different position in recent years instead of going after position players. They know what they are doing though, so I am not going to second guess them, that is just my feeling.

that kid is *sick*. of course, we would take him no matter the circumstances. he looks reggiebush-esque.

is he even considering us?

Nah, he'll be going to Georgia or Auburn likely, but he's a definite take. I'm not sure of the 4 RBs we have(Vereen, Hawkins, ?, ?), but they will both get a first look at RB. Vereen may end up as a DB and Hawkins may end up as an OLB.

I also noticed that a couple of them are 6-1 and I thought DB or WR maybe, but then I saw they all have 40 times in the 4.5-4.6 range and I'm not sure if that's fast enough. Probably LB like you said rex although they wave Gerald Williams on the way, a LB commit from NC (Winfield), and hopefully Chris Donald.

What 4 are you talking about? GW will be a DE and Whitfield will likely end up as a safety. Donald could end up a DE, but likely LB. At this point, we may end up signing 4 DEs(Rufus Williams, Gerald Williams, Chris Walker, ?).

a lot of guys come to the Hill as rb's and end up as lb's

A past West TN VOL played some rb in high school before switching to the lb position. ummmmm .........his name was something like Al Wilson.

There is an attitude concern with him or potentially the parentals. He was attending Parkview, probably one of the top 5 programs in the state. Rumors of some personality issues caused him to move to GACS to play. Wonder if this is a concern?

most high schools put their best athletes at rb, because that's how you win at that level, donald also runs the ball, if I remember correctly he had a ton of yards rushing last year, so for some of these guys to switch positions is nothing out of the ordinary

VN Store

Back