RB depth chart?

I think 4 guys will see time at RB..

1. Small
2. Evans
3. Beckwith
4. Wright

I think Small and Evans will see most of the rotation...1a &1b..with Wright eventually being 1c....all interchangeable. I believe Beckwith will be in certain packages to use his size and skill set...hybrid-type roles and possibly wildcat and goal line situations.

Definitely need better protection from our RB’s...something we won’t miss out of the backs that transferred.

At a guess based on spring ball:

- Evans (not based on spring ball, just think he’s likely out most talented guy with experience)

- Beckwith (if nothing else, he’s got to be our 3rd and short guy)

- Small

Reactions: njvols
Let me hear your guesses as to the RB depth chart.

Tough for me to do, though it is somewhat intriguing. Looks like we may have 4-5 guys with plenty of potential. Says a lot that the kid from Maryville is probably, at best, 4th or 5th string right now.

Tough for me to do, though it is somewhat intriguing. Looks like we may have 4-5 guys with plenty of potential. Says a lot that the kid from Maryville is probably, at best, 4th or 5th string right now.
That's why I started the thread. Was guessing at the depth chart and had 4 guys that I'm fairly sure are ahead of Tee Hodge and Leneth Whitehead.
Hodge and Whitehead appear to be talented guys and they are running 5th and 6th at RB (presumably).
Wish every position had that depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I think Small Starts, but Small and Evans split the bulk of the carries.

I think Beckwith will get some carries, depending on short yardage, goal line, and size and speed of the defense. If his size and power has an advantage during the game, we may see him take over. But bigger Defenses like Bama and Dawgs, we will see more speed attacks, with Small and Wright starring.

The rest are all wildcards. Whitehead needs to stay healthy. I hope to see him and Hodge step up and make the room much more interesting.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's why I started the thread. Was guessing at the depth chart and had 4 guys that I'm fairly sure are ahead of Tee Hodge and Leneth Whitehead.
Hodge and Whitehead appear to be talented guys and they are running 5th and 6th at RB (presumably).
Wish every position had that depth.

Man, if somebody steps up and takes the bull by the horns at the QB position, I think we have a chance to be pretty good on offense. Depth along the line may be a little concern; but we have recruited well the past couple years.

We are actually about 9 deep with guys like Fred Orr... remember that name, or Tee Hodge... but it will be by committee in my estimation, unless someone takes over. It will be "by committee" until someone takes over just about everywhere.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

1. Small
2. Evans
3. Beckwith
4. Wright

I think Small and Evans will see most of the rotation...1a &1b..with Wright eventually being 1c....all interchangeable. I believe Beckwith will be in certain packages to use his size and skill set...hybrid-type roles and possibly wildcat and goal line situations.

Definitely need better protection from our RB’s...something we won’t miss out of the backs that transferred.

100% agree with this list.

Reactions: Pacer92

1. Small
2. Evans
3. Beckwith
4. Wright

This is my answer too. I think we'll see Beckwith used at RB, HBack, TE, Wildcat, and even out wide. It will be fun to have an offensive staff that is creative enough to use talents like Beckwith. Would've loved to see what tese guys could've done with guys like Derrick Tinsley, David Martin, Eric Locke, Brandon Warren, and other unique skill sets that have been wasted at UT.

Honestly I thought Marcus Pierce looked good in the Spring game as well to go along with all the guys listed above.

If our line can improve and make some room…we are going to enjoy watching this group. Thunder, lightning, smash, smoke, slash and dash. GET SOME!
Luckily, it'll require less perfection, minute-long blocks, and precision than Chaney's system. By the mere scheme alone we'll run more efficiently.

Mizzou went from 13th in rushing in the SEC the year before Hype, to 8th in Y1 and 3rd in Y2. And that's with a bunch of 3 stars along the OL and RB.

He also had UCF in the top 3 every year in the AAC.

I think Small Starts, but Small and Evans split the bulk of the carries.

I think Beckwith will get some carries, depending on short yardage, goal line, and size and speed of the defense. If his size and power has an advantage during the game, we may see him take over. But bigger Defenses like Bama and Dawgs, we will see more speed attacks, with Small and Wright starring.

The rest are all wildcards. Whitehead needs to stay healthy. I hope to see him and Hodge step up and make the room much more interesting.
Beeckwith has more speed than Small.

I think there is little separation between Beckwith, Small and Hodge. They will be platooned based on who is hot and who is best for a certain play.

Wright a true Freshmen I believe, will have a handful of plays that capitalize on his speed. Could be a redshirt as well.

VN Store

Back