Votes: 42 10.5%

Votes: 8 2.0%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My letter grade would be a C plus.

We lost two winnable games in Pittsburgh and Purdue. Win those and I give this season a B plus.

7/10. We either blew teams out or we lost. It was a feast or famine sort of season. The main consolation was we were entertaining to watch on offense which was miles better than the past 3 seasons. My main concern for 2022 and beyond is, are we going to be able to recruit enough "Jimmy's and Joe's" to negate opposing team's inevitable better understanding of Huepel's X's and O's? I actually expect us to take a slight step back in 2022.

There were definitely 3-4 wins left on the table.

Florida never played well after they played us as they really seemed to implode much like we did last year after halftime if the Georgia game.

Pitt was winnable if Hooker was starting and we didn’t get hit wit that terrible spot late in the game where we would have had a first down inside the 20.

Ole Miss with just a break or two along with the terrible forward motion call that took away the touchdown.

Purdue with a few less questionable PI calls both for and against with the terrible OT touchdown call.

I really thought a 6-6 season was the best possible outcome so I will not complain.

You know just the extra practices from the cancelled 2020 bowl might have been the difference early in the season. Even if Pitt was game 3 instead of two probably would have been enough.

We were unfortunate enough to get Florida at peak, OMiss at Peak and KY at Peak and somehow we won 1 of those and nearly two.

Next year really depends on how good LSU is as they are a question mark. That and Florida should be the key swing games. KY and Pitt have a lot of players to replace. We are better than SCAR/Mizzou but can't sleep on them either. Vandy is a work in progress that is sidelined by building permits. lol

We bring back a nice core of players. Need some growth and better players for the OL/LB/CB.

I view this as a successful season considering the situation. Need more depth in the secondary and better linebackers and we will be acceptable on D.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
A bowl game win to finish 8-5 and I would call the season very good-to-great.

7-6 is average-to-good.

I gave the season a 7. Maybe I should have given an 8 because I had thought we would likely win 4-5 games. 7 feels fair and right for me.

Solid 7. Expectations were exceeded, but there's plenty to build/improve upon.

7/13 = 54% . . . but, I voted 6 because at the start of the season, I thought this team would be lucky to win 5 games. At least this year was better than last year.

VN Store

Back