Ratchet And Clank: A Rift Apart (coming launch window for PS5)

Brave Volunteer

What can I say? The game just looks world class! The sheer amount of stuff going on at once on screen, the fast SSD allowing you to go through portals seamlessly, the ray tracing effects, the explosions, the expressive detail in the characters, the ungodly number of particle effects, etc. And it looks especially amazing in 4K! This is a pure AAA must get for PS5! I'm so glad Sony finally "put a ring on it" and acquired Insomniac!

Reactions: zhangliao04
Confirmed...

Native 4K/30fps with Raytracing
Temporal 4K Reconstruction/60fps w Raytracing
Ratchet's fur is Raytraced & also affected by wind
Full Dualsense integration
No loading screens ever
Launch window
Running entirely on PS5

That completely settles it for me! 60fps mode all the way! Temporal reconstruction 4K is the same technique they used with Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet, and Spiderman on PS4 Pro and the results are fantastic! In fact, I would dare anyone to claim they can tell a difference between temporal 4K and true 4K. At least in those examples. The image quality is very impressive!

Last edited:
Finally finished up this game this week and it was such a pleasure to experience this game. I should have finished it months ago, but Destiny 2 exists and that's like crack to me. Anyway, my son is now playing this and while he is only 8, they have an appropriate difficulty level to where he can enjoy this too. Next to the tech demo, this game makes the best use of the new controllers and you just have a physical feel that connects you to the game. The visuals are stunning and running in Performance RT gives you Ray Tracing, but also keeps you up to 60fps. Just a joy to play and highly recommend.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Finally finished up this game this week and it was such a pleasure to experience this game. I should have finished it months ago, but Destiny 2 exists and that's like crack to me. Anyway, my son is now playing this and while he is only 8, they have an appropriate difficulty level to where he can enjoy this too. Next to the tech demo, this game makes the best use of the new controllers and you just have a physical feel that connects you to the game. The visuals are stunning and running in Performance RT gives you Ray Tracing, but also keeps you up to 60fps. Just a joy to play and highly recommend.

The only thing that would've made this game better is if they would've given Rivet her own unique weapon set. That's really the only thing I can ding the game for. Otherwise, it's pretty perfect. I would love for Insomniac to release a standalone Rivet game or at least a DLC expansion.

VN Store

Back