Rashad Mason

ssims6

Sleeper Pick
I'm probably late to this, but I just noticed that he is rated as a 4 star receiver and rated in Scout's Top 100. I don't know but to me it seems like all of a sudden everyone thinks this kid is the next big thing. I mean he has a lot of potential I believe somewhere around 6'5" and 200 lbs? I just think that because he is getting a few decent offers everyone thinks he is now going to be good. Also, anyone got an idea as to why we don't have more interest in him?

I don't know, but it looks like UT missed the boat on this one. Scout.com has him listed at 6'5" and 225 pounds, with the ability to run a 4.5 40. Wow...

Rivals.com has him listed as a 2-star... 6'6", 215 pounds. I remember this guy has been discussed in the recruiting forum in the past.

He ran a slow 40 when he camped at UT(he was recovering from the car wreck) but has apparently better speed. The coaches are going off of their evaluations of him. Some that have watched say he isn't as fast and takes plays off. Others say the opposite.

scout is really high on this guy.. one guy had him on his dream class.. which includes 25 scholarship. 5-5*s, 5 others in the top 100. and fifteen others

Something about this kid tells me we should push for him. He said awhile back that he really wanted to come to UT. I know that we are still in for Paige and Jones but time is running out and schollys are running out and after all you can't teach or coach 6'5 220. In the grand scheme of things I personally love kids that really WANT to play for us a little more than than the kids that are trying to figure out which school can better help them get to the NFL, can't blame a kid for that but I still really have a special respect for the kids that want to play for UT just because they love it. Besides if programs like Michigan and UCLA want him then the kid must have some serious talent.

Dwight Jones is the same size, is more polished, and is faster. Mason is raw and many have said he isn't near as fast as listed. We already have O'Neal, Vinson, Jones, Campbell, and Maples. WR isn't a big priority right now so no reason to take on a project like Mason. If we take another WR, it will be one that isn't raw.

Dwight Jones is the same size, is more polished, and is faster. Mason is raw and many have said he isn't near as fast as listed. We already have O'Neal, Vinson, Jones, Campbell, and Maples. WR isn't a big priority right now so no reason to take on a project like Mason. If we take another WR, it will be one that isn't raw.

Yeah I totally understand that and it makes perfect recruiting sense, but a kid with a frame like that could easily grow into a TE or DE too. I know you can't take everbody but you kinda gotta like the ones that come out and say I want to play for Tennessee don't you think HV ?

There are 100s of kids like that every year. Travaris Cadet is practically begging for an offer right now. He could grow into a TE but the only TE we would take this year is a transfer from Brandon Warren. At DE, we are pretty stacked and still pushing for Corley. Had his film come out a few months ago, we would have pushed for him, imo. Now the numbers are too thin as it is.

There are 100s of kids like that every year. Travaris Cadet is practically begging for an offer right now. He could grow into a TE but the only TE we would take this year is a transfer from Brandon Warren. At TE, we are pretty stacked and still pushing for Corley. Had his film come out a few months ago, we would have pushed for him, imo. Now the numbers are too thin as it is.

Neato.

And, like I said before, we want guys that can come in and contribute year 1 or 2. It would likely take at least 2 years for Mason to build into a big time TE or DE.

And Corley is a DE.

They do, however, have one of, if not the, top rated TEs in the nation committed(Aaron Hernandez). If you watched the AAA game, you would have noticed him. He is the one that dropped about 6 easy catches.

And Corley is a DE.

They do, however, have one of, if not the, top rated TEs in the nation committed(Aaron Hernandez). If you watched the AAA game, you would have noticed him. He is the one that dropped about 6 easy catches.

Yeah, I don't see him doing much at Florida.

I really, really, really want to play for UT, does that mean I can get a scholly?

Yeah, scout says we offered him two weeks ago and Fulmer has even been at his basketball games. Hmmm, scout sucks I wonder if its accurate.

VN Store

Back