Rankings Handicap...

nycvol010

Just a quick thing. As we get in on a lot of prospects early here, i think the natural first reaction is to check their profile, see how many stars, and go from there. While the rankings are always flawed, the early rankings are really flawed. So this is a little bit of my opinion, but most of it is just what i expect to happen. Here is a list of guys we are in on who's profile numbers dont tell the whole story. I expect everybody on this list to be Elite recruits by the end of the process, and for some of them maybe even in a couple of weeks.

DT Garrison Smith- Currently in the Rivals 100, but is 5-Star worthy and should end up there as more film comes in. #1 player in GA imo.

DB John Fulton-No stars right now, but is really one of the better CB prospects in the country. Should eventually find himself in the middle of the rivals 100.

OL Chaz Green- 250 guy right now, but should eventually push for 5-Star status. Apparently USC's O-Line coach has this guy #1 on his board. That means ahead of Sentreal Henderson. So take that for what it is, but even if he is not that good, he is underrated where he is.

LB Josh Shirley- Just got an offer from USC. Is a little bit of a misfit as far as position, but hard worker, good athlete, good motor. Think of him as a more athletically gifted D.T Shackleford from the West Coast. Should move from un-ranked to the 250 eventually.

QB Jesse Scroggins- Will probably be a top 250 player, and could be top 100 in the next rankings update.

DT Ronald Powell- Hard to be underrated at 13, but he is probably a top 5 player, and has just as good of a case as any for #1. He should move up some next rankings update.

WR Keiwone Malone- I dont know if we are really in on him, but i feel like we will certainly try with O in Memphis. Should be a top 100 player imo. Only difference between him and Markeith Ambles is a little bit of size. Malone is slick.

DT Rissean Broussard- Did not have much buzz when the last rankings came out, but he should be a 4-Star and could move into the 250 next update. Had some great combines.

There are other ones that can be debated, these are just a couple that I see as obvious. There are also a good number i think are overrated, but we will stay positive

Saw this on Rivals earlier. Thanks for sharing it over at the cool site, NYC. Good job and I agree with you on most counts.

What's even more to ponder NYC, is the fact that all the evals aren't finished yet by either service and players will fluctuate from their original rankings. Good info nyc, appreciate all the hard work you accomplish.

Thanks for sharing it NYC. Love your input! Do you think we have any shot at Henderson? He is a beast.

Dang, I've never been real high on Chaz Green. I mean, not to the level of Stone or Hurst. I guess I am now...

What's even more to ponder NYC, is the fact that all the evals aren't finished yet by either service and players will fluctuate from their original rankings. Good info nyc, appreciate all the hard work you accomplish.

Not to mention the new players that will come from nowhere. The landscape will change drastically this fall.

VN Store

Back