Rankings - 5/30/2022

NCBWA has been added and per chuckie's suggestion, I have added the Georgia Southern region teams in the RPI and ELO column and where applicable in the polls

Texas Tech or Notre Dame will have a loss before one even plays Georgia Southern. I don't see UNCG beating a fired up Eagles team that first game.

GSU will be facing TTU/NDU #2 starter after a hard fought game.

College Baseball Top 25 Rankings

At this stage, Tennessee and Louisiana State stand out as the two favorites on a national level. LSU has had a massive summer, both in terms of shepherding players through the draft and its additions through the transfer portal. Tennessee, meanwhile, returns its premium rotation that helped it this season to lead the nation in ERA.

The Tigers and Volunteers appear to be in a class of their own right now, but several teams are sure to challenge them next year. Stanford and Florida are at the front of that list, but ACC powers like Louisville, Miami and Wake Forest figure to stake their own claim.

College Baseball Top 25 Rankings

At this stage, Tennessee and Louisiana State stand out as the two favorites on a national level. LSU has had a massive summer, both in terms of shepherding players through the draft and its additions through the transfer portal. Tennessee, meanwhile, returns its premium rotation that helped it this season to lead the nation in ERA.

The Tigers and Volunteers appear to be in a class of their own right now, but several teams are sure to challenge them next year. Stanford and Florida are at the front of that list, but ACC powers like Louisville, Miami and Wake Forest figure to stake their own claim.

What a surprise that BaseballAmerica would be hyping the ACC teams leak that.

By the way, Mississippi State is #25 after finishing a solid last in the SEC. Not sure their paragraph justifies them being ranked.

And shock of shocks, where is Notre Dame?

What a surprise that BaseballAmerica would be hyping the ACC teams leak that.

By the way, Mississippi State is #25 after finishing a solid last in the SEC. Not sure their paragraph justifies them being ranked.

And shock of shocks, where is Notre Dame?

Do we know which SEC West teams we will face next year?

Would it be the same teams we facd in 21, except home schedule is reversed? I.e we go to Arky, but LSU, Texas A&M, etc come here?
If they do it like last year there will be six series against the East, four series against the west. Not sure how the four against the west are determined. Last year’s schedule was released September 15th.

If they do it like last year there will be six series against the East, four series against the west. Not sure how the four against the west are determined. Last year’s schedule was released September 15th.

Makes sense that there would be six east opponents, since it is a seven team group.
In 22, we played Auburn (home), Alabama (home), Ole Miss (away), and MS St. (away)
In 21, we played Arky (home), LSU (away), A&M (away), Alabama (away).
In 20, we were scheduled to play LSU (home), Alabama (away), Texas A&M (away), and Arkansas (home). (These games were all canceled to the CCP flu)

So it looks like we play Alabama each year on an alternating home and home basis, and the other six rotate per the above pattern. So I think our SEC schedule will be just as it was in 20. I'm guessing at that, but it makes some sense to me.

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo
I’m guessing we go to Arkansas and lsu.

When we last played a series with LSU, it was at their place, so I would guess it'll be at LNS this spring. And when we last played Arky, it was here, so I'm guessing next spring we play in Fayetteville.

I summon the vast power of SPREADSHEET.

My best guess for conference opponents

Home
Florida
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Texas A&M
Miss State or Ole Miss

AWAY
Missouri
South Carolina
Arkansas
LSU

Off Schedule
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss or Miss State

That's a pretty good division schedule. Those road games at Red Stick and Fayetteville are going to get some television coverage for sure.

LSU will either light the world on fire or explode on the launch pad.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back