7. Miss St
8. Missouri
9. Ole Miss
10. Alabama
11. LSU
12. Florida
13. Vanderbilt
14. Auburn

Least impressed with LSU, Florida, Vandy and Auburn so far. SC is clearly the best team.

Tennessee has a lot of work to do but the SEC is pretty wide open this year. They are elite defensively.

1. SC
2. Georgia
3. Texas A&M
4. Tennessee
5. Arkansas
6. Kentucky
7. Miss St
8. Missouri
9. Ole Miss
10. Alabama
11. LSU
12. Florida
13. Vanderbilt
14. Auburn

Least impressed with LSU, Florida, Vandy and Auburn so far. SC is clearly the best team.

Tennessee has a lot of work to do but the SEC is pretty wide open this year. They are elite defensively.

And for all the criticisms of our offense (maybe just, but Burrell injury has to be taken into account), our defense will have a huge impact on our chance at finishing in the top 3 in the SEC. Yes we must improve offensively, and I believe we will, but being this good defensively this early means something!

1. SC
2. Georgia
3. Texas A&M
4. Tennessee
5. Arkansas
6. Kentucky
7. Miss St
8. Missouri
9. Ole Miss
10. Alabama
11. LSU
12. Florida
13. Vanderbilt
14. Auburn.

Probably as good a list as any at the end of the first week of play. Please repost any changes at the end of December. It will be interesting to see who stepped up. Like the OP idea.

Curious about being having LSU as one of the least impressed list. Their schedule so far has been extremely unimpressive but their routing of inferior teams makes it hard to get a good feel for them one way than another. The improvement in Pointer so far, which by her own report has been substantial due to Kim, and their always good defense will make them a team that at worst will be in the middle of the SEC pack.

Curious about being having LSU as one of the least impressed list. Their schedule so far has been extremely unimpressive but their routing of inferior teams makes it hard to get a good feel for them one way than another. The improvement in Pointer so far, which by her own report has been substantial due to Kim, and their always good defense will make them a team that at worst will be in the middle of the SEC pack.

Well now you definitely have some data to support your perception that LSU is unimpressive right now. They lost today by 14 points at home to Florida Gulf Coast University. My bad ;)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well now you definitely have some data to support your perception that LSU is unimpressive right now. They lost today by 14 points at home to Florida Gulf Coast University. My bad ;)
I think FGCU is a really good team this year, certainly caught LSU off guard. They can shoot and move the ball well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here we are about one month in with SCar, UT, A&M, UGA and Mizzou undefeated. The strength of schedule of the latter two is questionable.

the Texas vs A&M game will be interesting. Baylor v. mizzou?

Kentucky’s loss to Indians was not surprising. I just don’t think much of Kentucky as a team.

You guys should be very pleased where you are considering Rae’s absence.

Kentucky gave West Virginia a beating yesterday does that change anyone’s perception on Kentucky’s season so far🤔

Reactions: Rooster1
Kentucky gave West Virginia a beating yesterday does that change anyone’s perception on Kentucky’s season so far🤔

Mainly because WV is a good matchup for them. Kentucky’s problem isn’t scoring so much, Howard can carry them there a lot. Against small teams Edwards can play outside in like she prefers. She likes to hit a couple outside shots then take people off the bounce.

Soon as they hit a team with a true post player they are stewed. They have nobody that can guard in the post. And nobody that can score in the paint over a talented big. Owens is mostly useless for them as far as I can tell she has the best frame on their team at 6’4” but just doesn’t contribute much. Reminds me a bit of Kasi, she is a big body who can get up and down and give them some minutes but she’s really not impacting the post stats much. 4 pts and 3 boards.

Once you shut off the inside they become a jump shooting team and outside of Howard they aren’t that consistent. If they’re not getting anything in the paint you can give Howard 30 and they will still lose most games by 10-15 in SEC play.

Remember in the Preseason when people ranked the PAC and Big 10 the best conferences?

ACC and SEC performing well so far. Up to the Vols and Gamecocks to give Stanford a bit of Southern inhospitality.

(congrats for upholding the SEC banner again thus far )

Yep! Big 10 was getting a lot of hype before the season. They got their butts handed to them yesterday.

Do think the COVID stoppage for Iowa affected the outcome of that game. They were off for a couple weeks and only able to practice once.

The others just got their butt beat. ACC and SEC so far have looked the best.

Yep! Big 10 was getting a lot of hype before the season. They got their butts handed to them yesterday.

Do think the COVID stoppage for Iowa affected the outcome of that game. They were off for a couple weeks and only able to practice once.

The others just got their butt beat. ACC and SEC so far have looked the best.

Clark couldn't hit the side of a barn in the first 3 quarters. Came on in the 4th but still ended up like 1 of 13 from 3 so I guess she had some rust from the Covid stoppage.

Every game will be about main players performing. Almost everybody beats Iowa State if Clark goes 1 from 13 from the three and takes 27 shots for only 22 points. You look at the game she doesn't even have to shoot a great percentage from the three for them to win. 5 of 13 gets it done 1 for 13 no way.

VN Store

Back