Ranking the SEC . . . right now

I think this is my rankings -Think aubie was a little lucky vs Bama.

Still it seems the end of the dynasty for Bama - I think all the skeletons will begin to come out!

1. LSU
  2. Bama
  3. Georgia
  4. Florida
  5. Auburn
  6. Tennessee
  7. Kentucky
  8. A&M
  9. Miss St
  10. USCe
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Mizzou
  13. Arkansas
  14. Vandy
9-12 are pick em.
Go Vols! Seems like the universe is starting to straighten back out! Just pray for very solid recruiting class to get back to the top!

After the start to the season, never have I ever been so satisfied to be middle of the pack in the SEC in football by season's end. Still have much work to break into the Top 5 in the SEC. When we reach Top 5, we'll at least be in the mix for division/conference championships. Exciting times ahead. Fun to have a real football coach.

OP, I don't see anything wrong with your ranking. I might have aTm ranked above us and UK on talent. But, they did just get hammered by LSU, so there's that..

This is meant to be an estimate of current strength as we get ready for bowl season.

Not based on the season's body of work, but on how the teams are doing right now. A "who will put up the best fight" kind of metric.

This means we don't just copy/paste the AP poll or CFP standings. Because even they, who say their selections are entirely current-day, are influenced by the totality of the teams' seasons.

For instance: Auburn is only 9-3 while Florida is 10-2. But I'd much rather face the gators right now than war eagle. The latter are on a roll, and in fact deserve to be above Bama at this moment. They showed that on the field.

In the same way, the Vols are hotter than A&M, though both teams are 7-5.

So here's how I'd rank them:
  1. LSU
  2. Georgia
  3. Auburn
  4. Bama
  5. Florida
  6. Tennessee
  7. Kentucky
  8. A&M
  9. Miss St
  10. Mizzou
  11. USCe
  12. Ole Miss
  13. Vandy
  14. Arkansas
What do you think?

Go Vols!

I'd say spot on....many on here believe Florida is better than BAMA....but I don't agree.
Bama should've put up 55 points on Auburn with a 2nd team QB....imagine what it would've been with Tua...
Auburn got every break in the game with BAMA....and the advantage of some very questionable calls...
and they still needed BAMA to miss a FG to preserve a win.

the BAMA hate is strong on here for good reason, but it clouds the judgment of most.

And upon further review...I don't think it matters how you rank Miss. State, Mizzou, USCe, and Ole Miss....However, USCe did have a win against UGA.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I'd say spot on....many on here believe Florida is better than BAMA....but I don't agree.
Bama should've put up 55 points on Auburn with a 2nd team QB....imagine what it would've been with Tua...

the BAMA hate is strong on here for good reason, but it clouds the judgment of most.
I'm confused on how your assumptions are more credible than the actual results we just witnessed Saturday. Tua is out for the year and this is a fact. Bama did not put up 55 another fact. Assuming Tua would be better (although I agree) is simply an assumption and not a fact.
I hate Bama but the facts are Bama lost to Auburn and LSU, best wins are UT and TA&M. Florida lost to LSU and UGA, best wins are Auburn and UT.
Florida has the better wins and better losses. With both teams having the same overall record and conference record and they didn't play one another common opponents and overall strength of schedule is what remains to determine the better team. Florida has 6 wins against power 5 schools at or above .500. Bama only has 3. Advantage Florida on overall quality wins. They have 3 common opponents in Auburn, Tennessee and USCe. Florida has the advantage 3-0 versus 2-1.

If facts support Florida is better they're just better. I hate both Florida and Bama but my assumptions and dislikes don't overrule the facts.

I feel icky just writing this.

Go Vols

Good except:
Bama 3, Auburn 4. (Auburn doesn't win that game on a neutral field)
Ole Miss over Mizzou and USCe.

1. LSU
2. GA
3. FL
4. AU
5. Bama
6. A&M
7. VOLS
8. KY
9. Miss St
10. Ole Miss
11. Mizzou