Rank these 2019 opponents

The positive thing about so many repeating UAB is very good, - maybe it will calm the freakout when we don't blow them out by 40.

I'm kidding, nothing's gonna stop that.

Nope, we're dealing with professionals here. Lol. No, seriously.

Reactions: chargervol
2. Mississippi State- MSU's defense could be the difference. They wreak havoc and cause TO's. Vols win, 20-17.
6. Vanderbilt-In Knoxville, redemption. Vols win, 41-21.
3. Kentucky-in Lexington, likely a loss, if UK can get passed the Orange uniforms, and the power T. Vols, 24-21.
1. Missouri-Another woodshed. Tigers roll, 45-23.
4. South Carolina- Anybody's guess. Vols, 21-20.
5. BYU-early season, a loss wouldn't surprise anyone. Vols lose, 23-21.
8. Georgia State- Blowout. Vols, 51-13.
7. UAB- High scoring game. Vols 45-38.
9. Chattanooga- Blowout. Vols, 52-6.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Nope, we're dealing with professionals here. Lol. No, seriously.
Sidenote cause it made me laugh: We put so much stock in the results of 1 game. If 1 team beats another by double digits, the losing team obviously sucks.
UAB and Middle TN played back to back weeks because of con. championship. Check out the results.

20190512_092745.jpg

That just says so much.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
That just says so much.

It does say a considerable amount, just nothing that you think that it says.

UAB ready for another shot against MTSU for CUSA title

"Putting the Middle Tennessee loss into perspective, the Blazers went into the game without defensive players Garrett Marino and Brontae Harris and offensive lineman Rishard Cook, who fell ill only a couple of days before the contest, and started their third-string center for the second straight week.

All-conference running back Spencer Brown attempted to give it a go in pregame warmups but only managed a single carry before hitting the pine for the rest of the game. Offensive lineman Justice Powers made his 12th start of the season but was ejected early in the second quarter for throwing a punch at an opposing player which left the Blazers with only two regular starters on an offensive line that gave up seven sacks.

Incumbent starting quarterback A.J. Erdely made his first appearance since suffering a shoulder injury in the UTEP game"

Tyler Johnston, the backup QB, started in the CUSA championship to lead them to the redemption-win.

Last edited:
It does say a considerable amount, just nothing that you think that is says.

UAB ready for another shot against MTSU for CUSA title

"Putting the Middle Tennessee loss into perspective, the Blazers went into the game without defensive players Garrett Marino and Brontae Harris and offensive lineman Rishard Cook, who fell ill only a couple of days before the contest, and started their third-string center for the second straight week.

All-conference running back Spencer Brown attempted to give it a go in pregame warmups but only managed a single carry before hitting the pine for the rest of the game. Offensive lineman Justice Powers made his 12th start of the season but was ejected early in the second quarter for throwing a punch at an opposing player which left the Blazers with only two regular starters on an offensive line that gave up seven sacks.

Incumbent starting quarterback A.J. Erdely made his first appearance since suffering a shoulder injury in the UTEP game"

Tyler Johnston, the backup QB, started in the CUSA championship to lead them to the redemption-win.
Haha, I highly doubt if anyone knew what I was thinking, that it would be you 😂 but thanks.

Had already read about it and was thinking about how much injuries and other factors play in. Despite the theme that "everyone has injuries and they don't matter."

And that people throw out a teams record without knowing any details.

Haha, I highly doubt if anyone knew what I was thinking, that it would be you 😂 but thanks.

Had already read about it and was thinking about how much injuries and other factors play in. Despite the theme that "everyone has injuries and they don't matter."

And that people throw out a teams record without knowing any details.

When it comes to UT, what details do you feel are being disregarded?

When it comes to UT, what details do you feel are being disregarded?
UT? Afraid you've lost me again.

I can try to relate the 2. Maybe the difference in opinions on how tough UAB will be is because some just looked at the record? I place them a little better than some and that may be a factor?

UT? Afraid you've lost me again.

I can try to relate the 2. Maybe the difference in opinions on how tough UAB will be is because some just looked at the record? I place them a little better than some and that may be a factor?

So you just wanted to show how UAB lost to Middle Tennessee with a bunch of starters out and an injured QB starting, only to win against them the following week with their starters back, and the backup QB?

How does that exemplify your statement of "We put so much stock in the results of 1 game. If 1 team beats another by double digits, the losing team obviously sucks"?

I fail to see any correlation to our losses in 2018, considering that none of them were impacted upon in a significant way by injuries.

So you just wanted to show how UAB lost to Middle Tennessee with a bunch of starters out and an injured QB starting, only to win against them the following week with their starters back, and the backup QB?

How does that exemplify your statement of "We put so much stock in the results of 1 game. If 1 team beats another by double digits, the losing team obviously sucks"?

I fail to see any correlation to our losses in 2018, considering that none of them were impacted upon in a significant way by injuries.
Haha, trying hard today aren't we.
Sorry headed to see my mom for Mother's Day, gonna have to find someone else for your schtick. Or heaven forbid, take a day off for the holiday.

Rank these 2019 opponents from toughest to easiest. These games will be the test of how well our season goes and I want to see what Volnation thinks about our opponents.

-Mississippi State
-Vanderbilt
-Kentucky
-Missouri
-South Carolina
-BYU
-Georgia State
-UAB
-Chattanooga

Yes.

Haha, trying hard today aren't we.
Sorry headed to see my mom for Mother's Day, gonna have to find someone else for your schtick. Or heaven forbid, take a day off for the holiday.

giphy.gif

First year back after re-establishing the program they won 8 games. Last year, after surprising everybody the season before, went 11-3 last year, after only 2 recruiting classes.

Say whatever you want, they’re extremely well-coached and have defied “personnel odds and concerns” each of the last two years. Better play well when they come to Knoxville or we’ll lose.

yes because they were allowed to take more than 25 a class on an exception. Took 48 one year lol. They are gone now. Chill.

2. Mississippi State- MSU's defense could be the difference. They wreak havoc and cause TO's. Vols win, 20-17.
3. Kentucky-in Lexington, likely a loss, if UK can get passed the Orange uniforms, and the power T. Vols, 24-21.

MSU loses 56% of their defense, 90th in the country. I don't think it will be near what they were last year.

And LOL at giving up 38 to a bum and inexperienced UAB team. If our 4 million dollar defensive man cant keep uab from scoring less than 38 then we might as well go ahead and fire up the old hot board.

And UK is gonna get bushwacked worst than last year.

And no way we whip Vandy. We will be lucky to just slide by them. Mason is a good coach and has had our number. He really gets that team UP for playing us. Meanwhile we sleepwalk into that game on annual basis. Hell they nearly had UF and Notre Dame last year. They will dearly miss Shurmur, but a grad transfer will ease things...just a tad.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

They won't be nearly as troublesome this season as they all play in the NFL now!

Very close, pivotal game though.

Magnitude of success will be determined by how BYU, MissSt, SCAR, and KY games play out.

I love how you laid these out. It cracks me up and reminds me of local news sports highlights. Local sportscasters will show highlights of Alcoa scoring 3 TDs and then say Maryville won 49-21 when you would’ve thought Alcoa rolled by the highlights. Your comments are the same thing. “MSU’s defense could be the difference. They wreak havoc and cause TOs” and then you say Vols win. Kentucky, in Lexington, “likely a loss” and then you predict a Vols win. I hope you are right on both games though! Hopefully not so right about BYU and Mizzou. Anyway, I just liked your comments. Have a good one!

Reactions: kbear01
Yeah, DG, I hear you about UAB, they did have a good record (11-3) last season. But they played nobody, i mean nobody. They lost by 20 points to Coastal Carolina early in the season, and by 20 to MTSU in November (they did come back in the conference CG to squeak out a win over MTSU in December). They lost badly to the only Power 5 team they played (A&M).

So sure, they won 11 in 2018...but the "signature" win was the MTSU title game. Everyone else they beat had names like Southern Miss, Rice, Charlotte, and La Tech.

~ ~ ~

As for BYU, almost the opposite problem anticipating how they'll be in 2019. At 7-6, their 2018 record was barely better than our own. And yet they beat Wisconsin and Arizona. Don't know how to square that with them losing to Utah St, Northern Illinois and Boise St, but it's definitely a mixed bag. I agree with you that our game against them may not be a gimme. I'm thinking of them more at the level of a USCe or Mizzou.

UAB did beat Charlotte 28- 07 where we beat Charlotte 14-03 their not great then again we aren't either.

UAB did beat Charlotte 28- 07 where we beat Charlotte 14-03 their not great then again we aren't either.

Even with the loss of Richmond and a few other starters, we still bring back the 2nd most starters in NCAA and almost all of our scoring offense.

Most of the new starters for us will be DL and players getting recruited over which is almost never a bad thing. Richmond would have been recruited over unless he moved to guard too.

We should handle BYU and UAB no problem. But it's nice to see the excuse machine getting fired up early just in case.
Where do you see excuses? All I've seen is people thinking some are overlooking UAB because how bad they think we're gonna suck.

Aside from Alabama being historically our biggest rival, FL is the most important game...if we win that game it catapults us per say

VN Store

Back