Randy Smith: An Open Letter to Butch Jones

Why does it matter if someone does?

Is it taking years off your life if they do?

It doesn’t matter really, just gets old seeing the same old stuff over and over again about him and find it a little humorous that folks get that upset about him still. I honestly believe that the more we get riled up about former coaches, the more the media keeps feeding us stories to keep us fired up about it. I guess the way I look at it Jones was fired, so I don’t expect him to have any loyalty to us, and I think we’d be better off forgetting he happened and just moving on with Pruitt.

Reactions: utvolfan98
I get it. I mean, I've said the same thing as you just did when they posted pics of him washing the windows on his car, and the one yesterday about not calling the girl, but I can see how this could bother people.

The funny thing is the ones being butthurt over the ones they consider being butthurt, and acting all high and mighty. And they don't even realize what they're doing. Lol.

I’m not butt hurt about folks getting mad about Jones, I really just don’t understand why they think it’s that big of a deal. If he’d left us voluntarily and was acting like this, maybe, but he got fired, so it is what it is.

6f2055647794a72a8f97cbe536f056a3.jpg

Gas

It doesn’t matter really, just gets old seeing the same old stuff over and over again about him and find it a little humorous that folks get that upset about him still. I honestly believe that the more we get riled up about former coaches, the more the media keeps feeding us stories to keep us fired up about it. I guess the way I look at it Jones was fired, so I don’t expect him to have any loyalty to us, and I think we’d be better off forgetting he happened and just moving on with Pruitt.
Most of the threads that include his name are not going to include fond memories and well wishes.

As a bonus, it wasnt any different when Dooley was canned. The constant reminders of why the trumpet blower was struggling always included his contributions.

Maybe that will help while surfing. If not, it will be what it is.

You are only looking from your perspective. If you look from his, he has every reason to hate tennessee, whether right or wrong..

I'm not saying he cant. He was living in his self made reality from his first PC. I'm pointing out how foolish that idea is given history and facts.

Oh, I'm not gonna take all the credit for that idea, my perspective alone didnt get his ass canned.

I’m not butt hurt about folks getting mad about Jones, I really just don’t understand why they think it’s that big of a deal. If he’d left us voluntarily and was acting like this, maybe, but he got fired, so it is what it is.

I wasn't including you in that last part about being butthurt. And again, I get it. It doesn't matter that he got fired instead of quit, all that matters is HE is the biggest reason we lost to Alabama Saturday and its pretty classless to celebrate the way he is, especially it being Bama.

Folks bouncing opinions off each other on any given topic is an important avenue of how we as a species learn and become wiser on said topic, and in general. We mentally challenge and broaden one another's mind with more facts/evidence/angles, so we each in turn aren't so narrow minded and ignorant. Well, those humble enough to listen to alternate views/angles/evidence and then weigh it all out in an unbiased manner, and come to/side with, the most evidenced conclusion.

Anyway, I can only vouch for myself when i say that i haven't posted anything from a butthurt, mad, or holier than thou attitude. Just listening to others wisdom and opinion on Butch with bama celebrating. Then tossing my opinion, based on what wisdom i have, into the discussion. Once again, no hate or ill will posts have come from me.

I post on here to bounce my views off you people's heads ;), and to have you bounce yours off of mine. It's about all of us learning more, becoming wiser, in things UT associated and in life. For me anyway :cool:

You do realize that stogie was a burnt out leftover found on the floor so Butchie could join in the fun, right?

I don't know this Randy. We aren't related. But I don't wish to be included as one of the thousands of Vol fans that are petulant cry-babies. Butch Jones didn't work out here. Move on. And its just a game.

I don’t give much thought to Jones anymore but for this situation I do think that if he had an ounce of class he wouldn’t have even touched a cigar that night.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Behr
I don’t give much thought to Jones anymore but for this situation I do think that if he had an ounce of class he wouldn’t have even touched a cigar that night.

I'm not sure I would call it class. I'm thinking more like self respect. I mean, I would be embarrassed if I was him. But, maybe its a bit of both.

I bet Butch still feels like he didn’t deserve to be fired after the worst season in UT history.

I know alot of people think this is crybaby stuff, but Lyle had no hand in that win. It was all publicity for elephants. I'm glad that he's gone and we have CJP. It just sucks that he is still getting a fat check from our school. I think it was great and how many feel, whether they think its whining or not.

I bet Butch still feels like he didn’t deserve to be fired after the worst season in UT history.
Someone in the RF said Price made this comment. paraphrasing.
'had a chance to catch up with Butch and ask about his son. After some general conversation he looped around to how Tennessee fans had forgotten about 9 win seasons and 3 straight bowl wins' lol.

Didn't see the comment from Price myself so satire is always a possibility.

Reactions: Behr
'had a chance to catch up with Butch and ask about his son. After some general conversation he looped around to how Tennessee fans had forgotten about 9 win seasons and 3 straight bowl wins' lol.

Peerless was at the game?

Vincent was at the game?

Haha. Anyway, yea we forgot about 9 win seasons and SEC wins the last fawking year he was there. What a dingleberry.

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back