Randy Smith: An Open Letter to Butch Jones

I guess that includes the players also.
I think it was stupid from a player standpoint. But I think at this point he is more worried about what alabama players think than what tennessee players think.
In this thread specifically its more about fans whining about it and I think thats the worst part for us.

I think it was stupid from a player standpoint. But I think at this point he is more worried about what alabama players think than what tennessee players think.
In this thread specifically its more about fans whining about it and I think thats the worst part for us.
They are part of Tennessee after all, but I guess, you nor I would know how they feel about the subject.

Probably true. Most of them only know him as the guy that nuked the program they just trucked.

Maybe some of them will actually put a name with a face when he brings donuts fo the meeting room this week.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Probably true. Most of them only know him as the guy that nuked the program they just trucked.

Maybe some of them will actually put a name with a face when he brings donuts fo the meeting room this week.
What I find mind boggling is that people will go crazy over butch's antics because it might offend the players, yet they will defend pruitt for saying the players suck and there is nothing he can do, in public.

I wasn't including you in that last part about being butthurt. And again, I get it. It doesn't matter that he got fired instead of quit, all that matters is HE is the biggest reason we lost to Alabama Saturday and its pretty classless to celebrate the way he is, especially it being Bama.

As much as Jones sucked, I think Saban and his stable of 5 Stars were the biggest reason we lost to Alabama on Saturday.

What I find mind boggling is that people will go crazy over butch's antics because it might offend the players, yet they will defend pruitt for saying the players suck and there is nothing he can do, in public.
Must have missed where Pruitt said the players suck, or is this apples to oranges? I’ve posted several times about the last coach’s antics, probably more than I should have. I think your narrative on the subject is what it is, but at least you are consistent.

Reactions: NWGVol and Behr

Is it really that hard to figure? The same happened with the band guy. Dooley was the scourge and the brick layer could do and say nothing wrong during all that.

You have a link handy where Pruitt said "the players suck"?
I've caught some of his comments about guys not doing the right things and a promise to those that are that he's gonna go find them some help. I may have skipped over that quote tho.

Last edited:
I understand the cigar tradition and don't give a crap about that... but the Gatorade bath was over the top. It's almost as if Jones and the Alabama players view Saturday's game as some sort of personal vindication for him. It's exactly the opposite.

Pruitt has already won more games vs the SEC West than Jones did the entire time he was here.

Reactions: GBOx2
just wished we could let him ride off into the sunset...he laughs out loud at us all the way to the bank...let's not perpetuate the coaching myth...just let it go...please...;)

GO VOLS!
let it go? you has the choice to read or not much less add a comment.

Im over the Butch hate..Pruitt aint doing no better than what Butch did with his same players..If Pruitt a better coach then why he aint getting the most out of these current players..Butch Defense last year was better than Pruitt defense this year

Im over the Butch hate..Pruitt aint doing no better than what Butch did with his same players..If Pruitt a better coach then why he aint getting the most out of these current players..Butch Defense last year was better than Pruitt defense this year
Lolololololo k

As much as Jones sucked, I think Saban and his stable of 5 Stars were the biggest reason we lost to Alabama on Saturday.
I got carried away in the moment, haha. I won't argue that was the "biggest" reason we lost. But he played a big enough part in it that he should be embarrassed.

Why you wasting so much time arguing with me about this?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
That’s pretty much where I am as well. It’s a business and we replaced the CEO because the company was failing and our “competition” (not lately) hired our former disgraced CEO to work in the mailroom. The more fuss we make about this the longer we wallow in the mud. As the ole saying goes “when you wrestle with a pig you both get muddy but the pig doesn’t mind”. Please can we somehow, someway, for the kids sake, just move on?

Disgraced?

How?

I got carried away in the moment, haha. I won't argue that was the "biggest" reason we lost. But he played a big enough part in it that he should be embarrassed.

It doesnt change it to a win but it contributed to the game being the route it was as much as anything.

giphy.gif

utvols20 won this thread.

Reactions: Boca Vol
This is obviously not true considering the Auburn win. That by itself, is something a Jones coached team could never do - win a road game as an underdog. His teams were always tight as a drum on the road and could never hold a 4th quarter lead. And I don't want to hear that Auburn is bad. We lost games to several worse teams under Butch Jones including Vanderbilt at home.

You made a comment and I replied. That’s a pretty low bar for arguing.

Y'all are right. Let's just roll over and be sure we keep quiet. We'll earn other fans respect that way.
12 months ago you were holding water for that jackass and you were indignant about it despite the fact he'd shown his colors many times over. Gimme a break about dignity and respect.

VN Store

Back