Randy Sanders

Freak, move this thread as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, every time we get involved in this thread or a casey clausen thread, someone always leaves the nation. Remeber Donsarge?

donsarge........i always thought there was a chance he would come back.......gues i was wrong about that. by the way wlecome to the board

Well I guess since it is his first topic I will give him a straight foward. I really like Randy sanders and I think it is a god blessing that we have him right now. I think that he made some very good calls this year and I hope he can only get better as the time goes on. As long as he has the playmakers, I think he will be able to run this offense. But I don't think not even Sanders can even mess up this team this year.

i dunno about him. he's not a great offensive coordinator but then again he's not a terrible one either. he has some good calls and then he's had some questionable calls. but even with a team full of talent there has to be someone to do the coordinating. i think sanders will do alright this year. i think people dwell to much on what could have been these days if we would have kept david cutcliffe. sanders is certainly no david cutcliffe, but i think he has the potential to win us a national championship.

The Cutcliffe worship has got to stop. He was a good coach, but I think I could look like a good coach if I had spent the last 12 years having Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning run my offenses. Not to take anything away from him, but he's struck gold 3 times.

I to like RS, and yes still get agrivated, with some call's!

Our system is very effective, when not only the right call's are made, but the right talent/playmakers exicute! Its seems the past few years for every reason possible, RS has not been able to run the full-blown Offense and playbook. The Cotton Bowl was a great example, of what we should expect all season... :gun:

I think Sanders is okay as an X's and O's coach, but our offensive players always seem to be very skilled. I think he does a great job coaching QB's.

I think that it's hard to judge him too hard on whether he's great or not...

We keep getting the wins, so he's doing something right...

but if a play works, he's a genius, if not...he's a waste of payroll (according to MANY fans) Most don't care that it was a lack of execution by the team, or that the defense got lucky with a good read.

I watched the 2003 Bama game yesterday, and imo, that was enough to hush any critics or Sander's abilities.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jun 19, 2005 10:12 PM
You know, every time we get involved in this thread or a casey clausen thread, someone always leaves the nation.  Remeber Donsarge?
[snapback]105633[/snapback]​

donSarge is gone? Halleluia!!!! No tears from me!!!

What has always been so odd to me is that when our offense sputters, people start yelling for Randy Sanders' job. Usually, it's the head coach that takes the rap.

I think RS probably sucks on lemons all day because I have never seen him smile. Would it hurt to show a little bit of emotion and happiness around the place?

It was a long time ago, but I got to spend extended time with him and Dan Brooks several years ago (Cosey Coleman, Jamal Lewis and Deon Grant were receiving high school awards from our TD Club). He seemed like the prototypical outgoing, good natured, good ole boy. But then again, he was just a running backs coach back then.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jun 19, 2005 10:29 PM
The Cutcliffe worship has got to stop.  He was a good coach, but I think I could look like a good coach if I had spent the last 12 years having Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning run my offenses.  Not to take anything away from him, but he's struck gold 3 times.
[snapback]105648[/snapback]​

Thanks God I'm not the only one! With the offensive firepower Cutcliffe had to work with, UT should have put up 50 a game.

As for Sanders, I don't think his talent level has reached where it was in the mid to late '90's. This may be the first year he actually gets to dust off some of the plays we have been to inexperienced or banged-up to run. I look for this to be one of the best and most exciting offenses UT has put on the field in a long time. THE SEASON NEEDS TO START NOW!!!

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jun 20, 2005 11:29 AM
I think RS probably sucks on lemons all day because I have never seen him smile.  Would it hurt to show a little bit of emotion and happiness around the place?
[snapback]105736[/snapback]​

LOL :dlol: , Thats what Troopers job is. Gotta love his fire!

VN Store

Back