Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

@Slydell

Hi Sly, how is your day going? I just heard Leon Redbone on the radio, which always makes me think of you.

I hope you are keeping well, and that boredom is the biggest thing in your life in these Interesting Times. Stay safe.
It is going well at this time. Losing John Prine has really been hard at this time. Leon and John so close together is insane.

It is going well at this time. Losing John Prine has really been hard at this time. Leon and John so close together is insane.
So many losses, so close together. When my Music Guys are not that much older than me (I'm 65), and they start dying off, I definitely feel my mortality. I still hurt for losing Stephen Bruton.

I'm going to have to sit out in the sun and digest all this sh!t going on, and accept that this is how the next X number of years are going to be. We sow our crops, we tend them, and then surprise, it's harvest time, and things draw to an end.

I apologize for being so morbid. It has been hard being separated from my (local) daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. My husband and I are happy together, and grateful to have each other, but sometimes I look up and think WTF.

Steely Dan and FM radio (y'all don't know what radio was like back then) kept me sane for multiple years back in the day. The only place that you could hear anything other than the sides A and B of 45's released by the record companies.

Note that this is only the audio, plus lyrics (haven't watched to see if they are halfway accurate.) This is waaaay before video came along.

Nowadays Steely Dan (and Stevie Wonder) are beloved by jazz musicians for their intelligent and experimental music.

And I have been to the Mountain House.
Is that where it was? I thought it was somewhere up in Canada.

You've been everywhere, haven't you?
biggrin2.gif

I struggle with his being such a jackass with Pegi, but his undeniable art stands there as well.

I don't know why most gifted artists seem to be such flaming a-holes, but it seems to be a Thing. Oh well.

That one was odd because they had been together so long and been through so much. Definitely was disappointing.

Reactions: VolNExile
And I have been to the Mountain House.
Is that where it was? I thought it was somewhere up in Canada.

You've been everywhere, haven't you?
biggrin2.gif

At some point, after enough adult beverages
biggrin2.gif
, you could probably put a key in my back, wind it up, and I'd be able to sing along with every Steely Dan song ever. Those guys are fawkin' geniuses.

That one was odd because they had been together so long and been through so much. Definitely was disappointing.
I know that long relationships are hard (I was in one), and staring at the same person day after day over the coffee pot might not be what it used to be.

But Daryl Hannah? Really?? It's pretty unsettling to realize that umpty-ump decades of life together and raising two seriously brain-damaged kids and nursing you through your own medical adventures and supporting your career and picking up your socks and tighty-whities and just the everyday ups and downs and victories and sacrifices of life can be pretty much for nought when a new face (I'm being super-duper kind here) floats into your field of view. If nothing else, it makes the guy such a ridiculous cliche.

But a happy cliche, I suppose.

--In case guys wonder why women are sometimes suspicious and insecure.

Recent entertainment news about Billie Eilish and body shaming. She's a lovely young woman. Trolling her physique reflects more on the troll.

Reactions: Slydell
I loved Steely Dan from the first time I heard them in 1972. They were a staple of my soundtrack during college years, along with John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Bill Withers, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Art Pepper, Crosby/Stills,Nash/Young in various incarnations, Jackson Brown, Tanya Tucker, Marvin Gaye, Chicago, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Willie Nelson, Stevie Wonder, Traffic, Cannonball Adderly, CCR, Yes, Miles Davis, David Allen Coe, Parliament/Funkadelic/George Clinton, Van Morrison, Leon Thomas, Bowie, Zappa, Weather Report, Joni Mitchell, Cedar Walton, Bob Marley, Queen, James Brown, Springsteen, Waylon Jennings, Tom Petty, Elton John, EWF, The Allman Brothers, Bob Seeger, The Doobie Brothers, Pink Floyd, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt... If I keep going, my fingers will tire. :cool:

VN Store

Back