Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

I listened to a lot of John Ward football and basketball calls on a transistor radio.
SAME, yes those were the days...and before the headset era, took them to the game with me
I've got the ones I had in the 70s, and most of them still work hahaha
I had no clue they are still available with all the technology out there, but that popped up on my Amazon

@ArdentVol

I’ve subscribed to several AP news feeds, I guess they’re called, for a few years now, and I really enjoy them. They just started one for sports, and I thought of you. It says “coming soon”, but I signed up Sunday and got my first one yesterday. There are a few ads on the actual emails, but not obnoxiously so. Intelligent writing, especially in news and sports, is becoming so rare…

Anyway, if interested, slide down on the link below for “Sports Wire”:

Associated Press

Reactions: ArdentVol
@ArdentVol

I’ve subscribed to several AP news feeds, I guess they’re called, for a few years now, and I really enjoy them. They just started one for sports, and I thought of you. It says “coming soon”, but I signed up Sunday and got my first one yesterday. There are a few ads on the actual emails, but not obnoxiously so. Intelligent writing, especially in news and sports, is becoming so rare…

Anyway, if interested, slide down on the link below for “Sports Wire”:

Associated Press

thanks. I'll sign up. Do you have AP Sty;ebook access. I need to check on a access to AP stylebook, too. We've been experiencing frequent internet outages in UCity despite being just outside of Clayton city limits

thanks. I'll sign up. Do you have AP Sty;ebook access. I need to check on a access to AP stylebook, too. We've been experiencing frequent internet outages in UCity despite being just outside of Clayton city limits
That's funny that you mention, because when I was looking around, trying (and failing) to find a specific link for Sports Wire, I saw something about the AP stylebook. I finally found the link, and it looks like it's a separate registration/ fee from the news feed stuff (which is free), both for the online version and just the spiral-bound book. Associated Press Stylebook

Looks like $23 annually for the most basic online version and the pesky automatic renewal. $35 for the print version.

and in other news, the AP is following a particular style
:rolleyes:
It might be worth the $23 to see the Exie meltdown video re: AP Style and the serial comma
:D
Nah, that’s a battle that’s been going on for years. Sometimes the bad guys win, but that doesn’t make it right! 😁

Reactions: GordonC
That's funny that you mention, because when I was looking around, trying (and failing) to find a specific link for Sports Wire, I saw something about the AP stylebook. I finally found the link, and it looks like it's a separate registration/ fee from the news feed stuff (which is free), both for the online version and just the spiral-bound book. Associated Press Stylebook

Looks like $23 annually for the most basic online version and the pesky automatic renewal. $35 for the print version.

I'm getting updates free and will post (probably once we're back home) and some of them will make you gag
never been fan of the AP book (and yes they often fail to follow it), and, yes, it's evident that quality of editing continues to deteriorate

Chicago manual of style is my favorite

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back