Raiding the Pantry?

Remember one of those in the early 70s at UT when the girls were throwing panties out of the windows and some got stuck in small trees. Some of the guys got nabbed by campus security for breaking down these saplings to get the panties. Imagine getting a call from your son at college saying he got arrested for breaking a tree to harvest panties. LOL
Amateurs! We always knew when the campus cops were near because their brakes squealed. Every one of them!

Remember the fall of 79. Started out with ladies linens being tossed out and ended with books and desk in the Presidential Courtyard. Needless to say, campus security showed up pretty quickly. Found out later some of them were almost charged with inciting a riot. Oh the days of being a dorm rat at Hess (the ZOO) Hall.
Lived in Hess Fall of 71 and Spring 72. What happens in Hess stays in Hess and there was a lot to remain quiet about. LOL

'79 was my first Fall in "The Zoo"........And the only reason that "what happens in Hess stay in Hess" is that we really didn't remember.
Sorry I'm off topic, but those were the days!

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
'79 was my first Fall in "The Zoo"........And the only reason that "what happens in Hess stay in Hess" is that we really didn't remember.

Are you saying we don't remember because we were too "under the influence" at the time or we are just old and don't remember? With me it's more of the too old and brain dead after working a stressful job for 40 years. Either way, I won't be telling those stories to my grandkids. LOL

Reactions: LSG410EC83
I noticed. I was actually trying to get a serious conversation started. I think there are several we could try to flip. I'm hoping we can re-gather Reggie Grimes and Jay Hardy!
What does Hardy have to do with the thread topic?
The OP says “these schools” referencing the ones that have released their HCs.

Reactions: MikeTheVol
Hess Hall is still alive but barely kicking. My nephew got it for his freshman year and it is rough. It has not been shut down for mold like Laurel was last year so at least it has that going for it. I think it has been on the list for demolition for years now.

I wish I had a quarter for every time I quote this movie. I would be rich from "my advice to you is to start drinking heavily" alone.
One of my top 5 all time favorite movies. Watched it again last night (it was on a cable channel).
Senator and Mrs John Blutarski.
Washington DC

Reactions: tbh and vader
only USCjr and what was the other?

I don't remember. I'm not a recruiting expert I just like to read over there. I was all mad when his OK commitment was announced that we missed another great instate player. I read several pages of his thread over there. Sounds like he's had an unimpressive dud of a senior high school season so everyone cooled on his recruitment and nobody really wants to take a chance on him because he's a project that may or may not work out.

O.K. Guys. I have to admit it was me who blew up the microwave in the breakroom at Hess Hall fall '72. I was trying to melt wax for a candle and the little wick anchor (metal) took it out. What can I say? First time I ever operated a RadarRange!

Reactions: LSG410EC83
O.K. Guys. I have to admit it was me who blew up the microwave in the breakroom at Hess Hall fall '72. I was trying to melt wax for a candle and the little wick anchor (metal) took it out. What can I say? First time I ever operated a RadarRange!

Lol!!!!!

giphy.gif

Same here. Was on the first floor my first quarter (say that around the youth at church and they have no idea what a quarter was in college). Remember buying pizza for a piece of the Notre Dame field goal that was taken down at the end of that win. Then moved up to the second floor facing Acacia Frat house the next 2 quarters. I guess you remember the so called dog attack on the fraternity boys that supposedly the Hess residents sicked on the them. Sorry to be off topic, but just was some great memories.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Remember one of those in the early 70s at UT when the girls were throwing panties out of the windows and some got stuck in small trees. Some of the guys got nabbed by campus security for breaking down these saplings to get the panties. Imagine getting a call from your son at college saying he got arrested for breaking a tree to harvest panties. LOL
I was in on one of those at Humes.. Never again. People don't realize that the really GOOD panties stay in the drawer. The ones going out the window have been in the hamper.

Reactions: GlockVol
Really? How do you explain his lack of production and apparent lack of interest from the usual SEC teams?

Are we talking about the same Reggie Grimes. The one I'm talking about is committed to Oklahoma and has offers from Alabama, LSU, FSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson, Ohio State, Penn State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Va Tech and many others. That looks like a pretty good list of interested schools to me. I can't explain his stats I've never seen him play. If I'm a recruiter I put more emphasis on what I see in camp and on the field than stats.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back