Rae

Rickster

VFL
Does anyone have game footage with her showing her skills. I keep reading about her being better than expected but is that based on empirical evidence or hope? Just wondering if someone has first hand information.

good looking player for sure :)

I like her free throw shooting,tell me Coach wasn't she using the hole for the air pump to align her shot ? :) I use to try and get a friends daughters to use the same way she does hers with

they got tired of it though,when they missed the backboard the ball rolled way down hill and into the neighbors yard lol they got tired of that pretty quick

good looking player for sure :)

I like her free throw shooting,tell me Coach wasn't she using the hole for the air pump to align her shot ? :) I use to try and get a friends daughters to use the same way she does hers with

they got tired of it though,when they missed the backboard the ball rolled way down hill and into the neighbors yard lol they got tired of that pretty quick

You'll have to explain that one G. I can't say I've ever heard of or used the air pump hole for anything. What I teach is what I called draw a line. Meaning the index in the middle fingers draw a line in the path of the basket.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
You'll have to explain that one G. I can't say I've ever heard of or used the air pump hole for anything. What I teach is what I called draw a line. Meaning the index in the middle fingers draw a line in the path of the basket.

i saw a video somewhere that said to all ways align the ball that way and shoot

To reopen this thread after a difficult freshman year.

Her stats year one shout out the need for upside but she did play in each game and averaged over 10 minutes. As a casual observer I felt she played too fast and frequently out of rhythm but aggressively. I would be interesting in what the regulars on our board forecast for her sophomore year.

Her stats year one shout out the need for upside but she did play in each game and averaged over 10 minutes. As a casual observer I felt she played too fast and frequently out of rhythm but aggressively. I would be interesting in what the regulars on our board forecast for her sophomore year.
Loved her effort and intensity. Obviously athletic. High potential.

She appears to have a huge ceiling. She has good size, athletic, non-stop motor, and her form looks solid...but she didn't have results. I think she just needs proper coaching, which she will hopefully have access to now with the coaching change. She has the potential to be an important part of the rotation. She may not be a star, but will provide quality depth off the bench.

As a freshman, you want to come in and produce right away and we saw that with her. I think she just tried to do too much at once. With film and coaching, she should be able to focus that energy and develop a high basketball iq.

Reactions: lvocd

Prettiest shot of any LV I remember right off hand and has the attitude and desire to up her game. Not fast for not real slow and seems to get frustrated a little at times. Needs to improve defense as does the whole team. Decent rebounder and passer. Needs to get minutes where chance of being pulled with one mistake is not necessary. Seems to have confidence in shot which is good.

Reactions: lvocd
Something was definitely off with her game as she had shot 40 percent from the three point line as a high school senior and over 35 percent for her career in high school. Her shot looks good they weren't going in. When you have the form and aggressive play that she demonstrates you have to believe she will get there before her career is over.

She was an energizer bunny when she came on the court. Toward the end of the season, she started scoring some points by taking the ball to the rim and hitting the glass. She made a positive difference through her hustle.

It is a mystery why she could not hit a jump shot though. The form on her shot is close to perfect. It may have been nerves; not being comfortable with the speed of play or any number of other factors. I think she is a player who will be in the running for "most improved" next season

She was an energizer bunny when she came on the court. Toward the end of the season, she started scoring some points by taking the ball to the rim and hitting the glass. She made a positive difference through her hustle.

It is a mystery why she could not hit a jump shot though. The form on her shot is close to perfect. It may have been nerves; not being comfortable with the speed of play or any number of other factors. I think she is a player who will be in the running for "most improved" next season

She is also working with a world-class strength/conditioning facility/coach so she may have to re-learn her own strength?

She appears to have a huge ceiling. She has good size, athletic, non-stop motor, and her form looks solid...but she didn't have results. I think she just needs proper coaching, which she will hopefully have access to now with the coaching change. She has the potential to be an important part of the rotation. She may not be a star, but will provide quality depth off the bench.
Well said...I have so much confidence that she will be a huge part of the rotation this coming season...I think she is a star in the making...👍🤙✌🧡🏀

She is also working with a world-class strength/conditioning facility/coach so she may have to re-learn her own strength?

She also from i hear will be talking or working with the great Chamique Holdsclaw a little this summer. Rae has big upside gonna be a good one.

I have no inside information, but I get the feeling that it’s going to be an “all hands on deck” situation in Knoxville as the Lady Vol family comes together to get the program back on track. I suspect there will be more regular drop-in support than they've had in years. These are definitely exciting times!

Something was definitely off with her game as she had shot 40 percent from the three point line as a high school senior and over 35 percent for her career in high school. Her shot looks good they weren't going in. When you have the form and aggressive play that she demonstrates you have to believe she will get there before her career is over.
That seems to be a signature of a Holly-coached player. Recruit a good shooter and turn her into a bad shooter. Hopefully Kellie and gang can change that trend.

VN Store

Back