r. mason commits to UNC

not interested in mason.....he goes to pearl cohn in nashville. We are definitely interested in lining up D. Jones and G. Jones together.....the jones connection.

hopefully this means D. Jones is NOT going there.

for real?

So, there is NO reason Jones is heading there...

BTW, Mason is from Nashville, yeah?
I feel shamed as a UT fan from Nashville. There are some good WR from Nashville: Patrick Turner, and this year Mason...

R. Mason is a huge sleeper recruit. No one really heard about this guy until late in the recruiting swing. He has a tremendous upside.. Mason will either be a bust or a big boom. I think he will do well with Butch at UNC.

for real?

So, there is NO reason Jones is heading there...

BTW, Mason is from Nashville, yeah?
I feel shamed as a UT fan from Nashville. There are some good WR from Nashville: Patrick Turner, and this year Mason...

Don't believe there is no chance. Jones has been commited to UNC for a LONG (wether soft or solid) time and has a baby. Never count that factor out.

I wouldn't feel too bad about Mason either, we have plenty of WR recruits to compensate for the loss. :thumbsup:

this mason guy is a great physical specimen. He played against my high school team and threw it down like four times

Don't believe there is no chance. Jones has been commited to UNC for a LONG (wether soft or solid) time and has a baby. Never count that factor out.

If he has a baby that should help UT because UT is a pipeline to the pros. Thus a higher chance to support his kid.

It doesn't say Mason committed to UNC. He's still not committed anywhere. And Art Evans has a kid as well, didn't stop him from leaving home.

Mason is overrated. UT had him on campus at a camp and chose not to go after.

Mason is overrated. UT had him on campus at a camp and chose not to go after.

I wouldnt call him overrated. I watched him play Knox Fulton in the playoffs this year and he was head and shoulders the best player on the field. Which included a UT signee by the name of Dennis Rogan. He may not be as good as the Jones's or any other receiver we have signed or will sign (i dont know cause hes the only receiver ive seen in person this year) but he is not overrated.

He is the prototypical "late gem" that recruiting services like to hype up. His final ranking is probably a little overrated due to this fact. He is not as fast as people are hoping he is. He is most likely going to have to put on weight and become a TE. Of course, if he does that he could turn into a great TE.

I wouldnt call him overrated. I watched him play Knox Fulton in the playoffs this year and he was head and shoulders the best player on the field. Which included a UT signee by the name of Dennis Rogan. He may not be as good as the Jones's or any other receiver we have signed or will sign (i dont know cause hes the only receiver ive seen in person this year) but he is not overrated.

I've seen him play plenty and he is overrated.

VN Store

Back