R.I.P. Tennessee Football 1891-2020

Vanderbilt has collected millions for decades based solely on their being a member of the SEC. Their only contribution has been as the conference punching bag to provide wins for the rest of the conference the vast majority of those years. Tennessee can be the same type school and everyone in the athletic department still gets paid. So why should they put forth any effort?
Vandy pretty much founded the league. I’d say that is contriution.

Never happen. I have never seen Neyland half full, even the worst teams playing Nobody U draw 80+.
Agree to disagree. A mediocre team here or there or even for a few years in a row is nothing like the last ten years we have had. Without a coaching change the administration is gonna feel it in their pocketbook. A big hire will energize the program and bring excitement back and we will start the cycle over again, hopefully for the last time.

Reactions: TN1111 and Birdie
Agree to disagree. A mediocre team here or there or even for a few years in a row is nothing like the last ten years we have had. Without a coaching change the administration is gonna feel it in their pocketbook. A big hire will energize the program and bring excitement back and we will start the cycle over again, hopefully for the last time.
As I have said before, 90,000 would show up to watch practice.

No one inside the university cares about football anymore. It’s a shame, we have such a rich history. Hell i don’t care if we get Hugh Hugh Freeze or not I just wanted a coach that wins instead of learning as you go and gets lucky every so often. I envy and mourn......

Tennessee doesn’t care about its football program, just look around at other SEC programs and see where UT falls
Auburn and South Carolina are prime examples

Reactions: TN1111
I can't believe people showed up to watch , Dooley, Jones and now Mr Potatoe head. Average to below average coaches

So, UT football is dead because they haven’t fired the HC you don’t like?
No UT football is alive, kicking, and doing well. Nobody should be upset and demanding that a prestigious football program should’ve been competing for the last 13 years.

Reactions: NEO
Except we didn't HAVE to hire Dooley. We should have gone with Kippy Brown for a year and then gone after a coach instead of going after a guy literally nobody else wanted.
I didn't say we had to hire Dooley, I was just stating that Kiffin is where our derailing began and that he should be included into what got us here. It wasn't just Dooley, Jones and Pruitt.

Filled like 2018 Missouri when they had an announced attendance of 88,000 but really never had more than about 65,000?

2018missouri.png
That is way more than 65k fans

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
No one inside the university cares about football anymore. It’s a shame, we have such a rich history. Hell i don’t care if we get Hugh Hugh Freeze or not I just wanted a coach that wins instead of learning as you go and gets lucky every so often. I envy and mourn......

We've become a woke school. Woke schools dont care about sports.

This board represents a small minority of superfans. Neyland is filled with average fans on Saturdays. The stadium will be full like it always is.

In the past, yes. Now, I don't think so. The administration has taken the fan base for granted for far too long. It's a different dynamic this time.

Reactions: Birdie

VN Store

Back