R-E-L-A-X, we are much improved.

My word. I can barely read anything on this board, it's like watching a bunch of toddlers have a tantrum because mama won't buy them a chocolate bar. Last year the come apart was because we lost to Georgia State, this year it is just as bad beacuse we lost to Georgia. People Georgia is maybey the best team in the country. Some of you need to get a grip. I really believe that losing bets and just plain football ignorance is the biggest problem for many on here.
No one is having a come apart because we lost to UGA. Most REASONABLE Vols fan didn’t expect to win and was hoping to just be competive. It was the way they lost and the lack of coaching that has most REASONABLE VOL fans frustrated. What part of that 2nd half showed we was improved from last year. Our O-Line looked better against UGA with 2 freshman on the line!

Yeah I think the team is improved. I think once we find a QB, our team is going to make a big leap.

That's what makes this whole process so frustrating. Pruitt has literally improved EVERY position on the team...except the most important one, QB. Maybe they are just playing JG until they feel Bailey is ready this season but I swear its very hard for me to believe that in 3 years we haven't developed a single QB into a better option than Gitmo.

That's what makes this whole process so frustrating. Pruitt has literally improved EVERY position on the team...except the most important one, QB. Maybe they are just playing JG until they feel Bailey is ready this season but I swear its very hard for me to believe that in 3 years we haven't developed a single QB into a better option than Gitmo.

Yeah.

We rushed putting JG in back in the day too. I remember when me and everyone else was ready to put him in over Dormady. I remember it vividly.

My word. I can barely read anything on this board, it's like watching a bunch of toddlers have a tantrum because mama won't buy them a chocolate bar. Last year the come apart was because we lost to Georgia State, this year it is just as bad beacuse we lost to Georgia. People Georgia is maybey the best team in the country. Some of you need to get a grip. I really believe that losing bets and just plain football ignorance is the biggest problem for many on here.
The exact same thing was said when Dooley started showing concerning signs and the exact thing was said when Butch started blowing up. Not saying cjp isn't the guy, but there are some concerns and some things he is going to have to get serious about addressing on his offense. No team with this level of talent, facility, and staff payroll should be getting throttled in a coach's 3rd season.

Did you watch the defense on Saturday? Anyone with even basic understanding of the game can see improvement. Two times we stonewalled Georgia on 4th down.

3 times.. Twice at the goal line and once on Tennessee 40yd. line. Ga. lined up thinking it was 3rd down, and when they didn't make it, they turned it over to us. Unfortunately, we still could not score.

3 times.. Twice at the goal line and once on Tennessee 40yd. line. Ga. lined up thinking it was 3rd down, and when they didn't make it, they turned it over to us. Unfortunately, we still could not score.
Yeah, I'm a nerd I rewatch usually at least 3 times while I do my "film study." If I could get a hold the team footage I would be in heaven.
We did make some really bad mistakes but overall the defense played a great game. They really kept us in the game but by the 4th theu were gassed.
The only thing I saw that troubled me was LBs in coverage. With the blitzing Pruitt likes to do they are going to have improve.

Reactions: 08Vol
The exact same thing was said when Dooley started showing concerning signs and the exact thing was said when Butch started blowing up. Not saying cjp isn't the guy, but there are some concerns and some things he is going to have to get serious about addressing on his offense. No team with this level of talent, facility, and staff payroll should be getting throttled in a coach's 3rd season.

Yeah there are some things that I would consider concerning but nothing that I would categorize as a red flag, at least not yet. Like I said before, the biggest concern to me is that we are in year 3 and we still don't have a QB on the roster that can beat out JG. However Bailey is a true freshman. I'm not going to push the panic button just yet. However if JG is our starter again next year, that will be VERY concerning!

We've had good teams with good coaches in the past that have been been throttled.

Cyt5UeeXgAI5E39.jpg

Reactions: Alto1
I know the feeling. I have learned not to log on here for a few days after a loss because of the anger and hate over football. We have some people with real issues that go beyond football.
Yes we do, but few as important as football

So we loose to the #3 team in the country, a team that we lead at half, and now the wheels are falling off the bus? People we are not there yet. We are not a top five team and need to build. Yes our QB is questionable and we should not expect him to wake up and lead us to a national championship overnight. It will get better but we need to be realistic.

Reactions: TC 83
So we loose to the #3 team in the country, a team that we lead at half, and now the wheels are falling off the bus? People we are not there yet. We are not a top five team and need to build. Yes our QB is questionable and we should not expect him to wake up and lead us to a national championship overnight. It will get better but we need to be realistic.

It's year 3 for Pruitt, and we have zero SEC-level starting QB, zero backup QBs. An offensive line full of 5* individual talent that Will Friend can't seem to coach into an actual offensive line. A secondary that that is out of place on nearly every play.

It's not asking for a championship, it's asking for our HC to actually develop players and start fielding a consistently competent team.

That same garbage "can't lead us to a national championship overnight" strawman was trotted out every season under Butch and Dooley when they weren't getting it done too.

You care so little you started a post about it.

Personally, I don't think it's "Nega" to point out concerning things. We've had so many coach lovers in the past that believed Butch was truly putting together "the best staff in America" and that all those Dooley 3* were "diamonds in the rough" and "trust the process" also the classic "maybe you should be coach"

I think it was legitime at the time to be concerned about Ga State. That game was part of a streak where we lost to Mizzou by 33, Vandy by 25, Ga St by 8 and BYU by 3. I think it also speaks to a larger trend of where we don't always plan and adjust very well.

Currently I think it's completely valid to ask if Friend is properly coaching our 5* linemen.

It think it's completely valid to question why Chaney doesn't coach qbs. Could that be why JG is currently the best we have?

Sometimes coaches are not as smart as you think they are. It took multiple injuries for Butch to get the right players on the field.

Did anyone actually think it was a good idea for Dooley to hire a first time coordinator and completely change schemes his last year?

I think JP is better than the last two hires but I don't think he'll ever sniff an NC. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll recruit at a higher level or start out coaching people. He'll have to do one or the other to win the SEC.

If this makes me "toddlerish" in your eyes that's absolutely something I can live with.
Don't read or respond to stuff you don't like. Put people on ignore and quit telling people what to think and move on. You're happy where we are, that's great for you.

I don't hate Pruitt or anyone for that matter. I have hated his results at times. So far this season we've performed to the level or our talent once.

We were lucky to beat an inferior SC team.

Without a gifted touchdown, Kirby passing on two field goals and a couple other boneheaded calls the UGA score could have looked far worse.

I've been a Vol fan 32 years longer than Pruitt has so I'll be upset if I want to.

Great post MV!!! Sums it up extremely well!!!

An OP, as far as the Ga St game last year, it is and will always be part of Pruitt’s Vol’s legacy, period.

...Last year the come apart was because we lost to Georgia State...

Everyone was upset about that. If you are still upset and brining it up that is an issue.

You are literally the one who brought up Georgia State, in your OP. You must have an issue (according to yourself).

Entertaining thread. My favorite part is reading justifications for being angry and unhinged over what happens with a bunch of 20-yos playing a game. 'Cause that's what real fans do.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

i predict UGA wins their first Natty this year since....

How long does it take to build a team that can compete for 4 quarters with a top 5 team?

I need to know how long that excuse is valid.

VN Store

Back