R.Davis / MeMe !

Did Rennia and Holly have words last night? If so, I missed it.

I've heard this as well. I didn't notice it on first viewing, but someone said it happened when she was pulled the final time in the second half. Maybe that would explain why she played 4 minutes after halftime...

I've heard this as well. I didn't notice it on first viewing, but someone said it happened when she was pulled the final time in the second half. Maybe that would explain why she played 4 minutes after halftime...

This is new to me did not see it

One thing I will say about Davis is playing her at the four is not working. She needs to be moved back to the three. Meme needs to take a seat for the next game she has not been a factor in any of the last four games. The lack of a post presence is killing this team don't know how were gonna get around it this season. She needs KK or C. Green in there but she needs to rotate them in five minute increments KK doesn't have to play more than five at a time.
Why are commentators saying UT is dependent on Jackson's play? If such be the case and UT goes the way Jackson goes......Holly be damned for not anticipating such.

Why are commentators saying UT is dependent on Jackson's play? If such be the case and UT goes the way Jackson goes......Holly be damned for not anticipating such.

Early on she was having career days, each game,
That's why.

Meme and London are supposed to be the senior leadership this year.
It shouldn't have fell on Evina so quickly.
And Rennia has a lot of maturing to do as of yet.

Because the games they won earlier this year that they should have lost we're won largely because of her hot shooting hand. They have no inside game, so they will live or die by their guards' ability to score, and Meme plays a huge role in that. None of the freshmen perimeter players can shoot.

Reactions: Rixxx
Hmmmm, maybe Meme wouldn’t be such a no-show for the last month if she was more disciplined. When she was jacking up 3s and making them posters here were all buying her stock and writing her free passes. I believe I suggested then she be held accountable for her mistakes, and I was staunchly rebuked. The team leadership, aka coaching, should have been in her ear back then encouraging, preparing, teaching and disciplining her instead of letting her fire away as she wanted. Now the wheels have fallen off and she is trapped on an island completely unprepared for what to do next.

Seems similar, at least regarding scoring and offense, to what happened to Nared last year. I used to believe the LV problem was trying to constrain the team into playing 1980s 6-on-6 ball. But now I am unsure. Things have gotten so ugly I can only attribute this failure to utter incompetence.

Reactions: TN1111
Hmmmm, maybe Meme wouldn’t be such a no-show for the last month if she was more disciplined. When she was jacking up 3s and making them posters here were all buying her stock and writing her free passes. I believe I suggested then she be held accountable for her mistakes, and I was staunchly rebuked. The team leadership, aka coaching, should have been in her ear back then encouraging, preparing, teaching and disciplining her instead of letting her fire away as she wanted. Now the wheels have fallen off and she is trapped on an island completely unprepared for what to do next.

Seems similar, at least regarding scoring and offense, to what happened to Nared last year. I used to believe the LV problem was trying to constrain the team into playing 1980s 6-on-6 ball. But now I am unsure. Things have gotten so ugly I can only attribute this failure to utter incompetence.

The mistakes wouldn't have mattered if Meme continued to shoot like she had been because they would have won at least those first three SEC games they lost. I'm not making excuses for her because she clearly has a lot of holes in her game, but even if she cleaned up her other mistakes, they still would have lost if she couldn't put up points. The worst part is that Rennia has now joined her in her shooting slump, so Tennessee is doubly screwed.

madtownvol : After looking at Holly press conference i have a good feeling she will make a line up change or tinkle with the bench rotation.
Tinkle? Or tinker? Lol.

Some of the games have made me tinkle!

Last edited:
The mistakes wouldn't have mattered if Meme continued to shoot like she had been because they would have won at least those first three SEC games they lost. I'm not making excuses for her because she clearly has a lot of holes in her game, but even if she cleaned up her other mistakes, they still would have lost if she couldn't put up points. The worst part is that Rennia has now joined her in her shooting slump, so Tennessee is doubly screwed.

But, had she had leadership instilling accountability and demanding excellence perhaps she’d not be in the funk now. How you ask:

1) multifaceted: using the other tools you’ve been taught to not be so reliant on ur 3 ball

2) discipline. Improved performance by virtue of appropriate expectations

3) steadiness. Smaller swings due to the discipline and demand for excellence

4) time off the court for discipline to allow other players a chance to develop and your team around you to develop so the UT Lady Vols world does not hinge on your 3 ball

Just a few possible reasons that a slump would not occur like this in the first place. I’ve not seen this happen to other teams with the frequency and severity it does at TN, so one can reasonably attribute it to the TN process

This team is about to erupt again.
And it will start with Meme.

Coach Jumper, didn't I warn you about drinking the grape juice that has been in the fridge too long?

I'm a coach, Nute

Often I call what I want to see, not what I see.

The girls, through all of this have never stopped giving.
As frustrated as I have seen these players get, they still put out effort on the floor.

Lately they're dropping their heads when things get rough...But that changes with leadership.
I have seen Meme fight for her entire career.
I don't think she's ready to give up and if she doesn't,
the team won't.

The team follows its leader. And right now the team is playing without confidence, Evina's confidence is looming right now. . . If she was the team's leader, they would take her lead. But they're not. They're following Meme, London and Rennia's game.

Turn these three around and turn the team around. I love and respect Evina's heart and fire. Incredible fortitude. But the team isn't ready to follow her yet.

No matter who or how she gets designated for the role.
This is Meme, London and Rennia's team right now.

Meme, time to take it back, You are still the same player who scored 30+ points a month ago....Rennia, what are YOU waiting for to give me total energy and focus for every game and every moment in the game. You are on a watch list,,,How bout giving them something to watch!...And London. Expect that pass in the post and quit with the hands of stone receptions. Be Ready. You are in the paint, be ready always!...Evina, quit waiting so long into your drives to dish. You are so deep in your drive or movement that the low-post or outlet has already made their mind up that you are taking it all the way...Then poof, you deliver a back of the head assist. Timing, Evina, timing.

The right words, Nute.

It only takes one spark to set off a brushfire.

I'm a coach, Nute

As frustrated as I have seen these players get, they still put out effort on the floor.

Lately they're dropping their heads when things get rough...But that changes with leadership.
the team won't.

The team follows its leader. And right now the team is playing without confidence, Evina's confidence is looming right now. . . If she was the team's leader, they would take her lead. But they're not. They're following Meme, London and Rennia's game.

Turn these three around and turn the team around. I love and respect Evina's heart and fire. Incredible fortitude. But the team isn't ready to follow her yet.

Meme, time to take it back, You are still the same player who scored 30+ points a month ago....Rennia, what are YOU waiting for to give me total energy and focus for every game and every moment in the game. You are on a watch list,,,How bout giving them something to watch!...And London. Expect that pass in the post and quit with the hands of stone receptions. Be Ready. You are in the paint, be ready always!...Evina, quit waiting so long into your drives to dish. You are so deep in your drive or movement that the low-post or outlet has already made their mind up that you are taking it all the way...Then poof, you deliver a back of the head assist. Timing, Evina, timing.

The right words, Nute.

CJ, I agree with everything you wrote. However, none of these things will happen without a demand of excellence player performance from Holly. Not just an expectation of excellent performance.

Reactions: 007Racer
CJ, I agree with everything you wrote. However, none of these things will happen without a demand of excellence player performance from Holly. Not just an expectation of excellent performance.

They can read it even if they don't get to hear it.

I demand it
I don't have to be Holly to demand excellence of this team.
These are the same kids that started this season.
I think its time to push them instead of pulling them

I want effort.
I want focus
I want it on every play.

Value each possession!

New coach, new system, fresh start and state of mind...I think whomever takes over, IF it happens, we will be improved.

Yes and hopefully most of the girls will support a new coach, male or female. Of course this move would allow the three new recruits to open up their recruiting. It would be nice if a new coach offered Reeves a position.

A new coach right now isn't what is needed for this season.

A full backing of the present one will suffice.
For this season.

Next season,whatever happens happens. But this is now.

It is up to the players, staff and CHW to get on one page.

And if they need a mediator..
Say it with me...
I can be there tomorrow

I'm a coach, Nute

the team won't.

The right words, Nute.

Not all of your statements are accurate. Especially this one:
"The girls, through all of this have never stopped giving".
As much as it disturbs me to say this, the team quit in the fourth quarter.
There's no way around it.
As others have stated, that quarter could have been the lowest point in the history of LV basketball.

As others have stated, that quarter could have been the lowest point in the history of LV basketball.

I watched Q4 3 times...When Meme and Ren were sent in off the bench with the swish of a hand, it might as well had been a tap-out.

The right word in the right ear...Thats all it takes to turn this around nj
The right button

There are times as az coach, you have to "save" your players.
Nothing they can do works.
You earn their respect and loyalty in these times.
You change off-def's,,, you sub, both as a counter-subber and as a matchup-subber,,,you call timeouts,,, you berate the ref for calling a putrid game,,,you take a hit or two with your team and try everything.

And most of all...You demand excellence and QUIT asking for it!
And you get it

Reactions: OutofStateFan
A new coach right now isn't what is needed for this season.

A full backing of the present one will suffice.
For this season.

Next season,whatever happens happens. But this is now.

It is up to the players, staff and CHW to get on one page.

And if they need a mediator..
Say it with me...
I can be there tomorrow

This team needs a new coach. Period.

Reactions: WVU05UT09

Renna also was checked out the entire game.

This team needs a new coach. Period.

I'm not saying they don;t. or do.
I am saying, not right now....Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater.

CHW had a vision somewhere in this season...Find it and focus on it.
Or develop one, but get something to focus on, so the girls will stop focusing on themselves

I'm not saying they don;t. or do.
I am saying, not right now....Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater.

CHW had a vision somewhere in this season...Find it and focus on it.
Or develop one, but get something to focus on, so the girls will stop focusing on themselves

Her vision was to schedule a bunch of cupcakes to give her a nice, bloated W/L record.

This team was always a stretch to make the E8, and now they are a stretch just to make the NCAAT.

They need to clean house.

Reactions: WVU05UT09

VN Store

Back