Quote from Sarkisian, and Heupel

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian also reacted to Manning's announcement, first retweeting his new quarterback recruit then writing "All Gas, No Brakes!!!" in a follow-up post.

Coach Heupel was later heard to say, "Brakes? what's that?"

Exactly correct CJH. Just a reminder......Texas could have the number 1 recruiting class each year that Manning is there but that does not win them the national championship. Manning alone does not make them win any championship and the game is still played on the field on game day. IF a QB was a guarantee to win a national championship then TN would have (4) years in a row under Peyton. But.....TN could not beat Florida when Peyton was here.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing.
I was disappointed he didn’t choose GA. Think he will be a cancer to any QB room. Saw him play last fall. Thought average at best. If GA, Vandergriff, Beck & Stockton all would have hit the portal. Better for us. Going to be a lot of pressure from Manning family, tv networks & fans to play freshman year. We shall see. Will be interesting.

Fun thing, though. Before he finishes at Texas, he'll be playing in the SEC.

We might get to play against those fellas with Arch Manning at QB. That'd be fun.

Go Vols!
I am just speculating but I think there will be a lot of drama left to play out. Quinn Ewers (sp.?) was a super highly recruited qb who left high school a year early and went to OSU to collect $1 mill. I think he had little intention of staying at OSU and was there only because UTX could not pay because he was too young (17 yrs old). After one year at OSU he bailed and returned to his home state school. I don’t think he is going to be happy playing second banana to Manning or vice versa. Also, Sark, as HC, was not that successful at Washington and struggled at USC and he crawled into the bottle. He entered Saban’s rehab program and was very successful as an OC. I think he has yet to demonstrate he will be a highly successful HC. I am going to stay in the wait and see mode to see if this works out.

Fun thing, though. Before he finishes at Texas, he'll be playing in the SEC.

We might get to play against those fellas with Arch Manning at QB. That'd be fun.

Go Vols!
I would have to listen to Kesling, and that is something I find annoying. It would be such a headacheto hear ESPN talking Manning blah, blah, blah,.. nonstop, it would be intolerable. They would barely call plays for all the commentary and gibberish.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I would have to listen to Kesling, and that is something I find annoying. It would be such a headacheto hear ESPN talking Manning blah, blah, blah,.. nonstop, it would be intolerable. They would barely call plays for all the commentary and gibberish.
Or, and this is another possibility for 3 years from now, Arch just does okay at Texas while Nico absolutely lights things up at Tennessee. In 2024, especially. So that when we play them (hopefully in 2025, maybe 2026), it may be Nico who is the more-hyped name. Maybe the Texans have to put up with hearing "ESPN talking Nico blah blah blah...nonstop."

That would be nicely tolerable, I think.

Go Vols!

I am just speculating but I think there will be a lot of drama left to play out. Quinn Ewers (sp.?) was a super highly recruited qb who left high school a year early and went to OSU to collect $1 mill. I think he had little intention of staying at OSU and was there only because UTX could not pay because he was too young (17 yrs old). After one year at OSU he bailed and returned to his home state school. I don’t think he is going to be happy playing second banana to Manning or vice versa. Also, Sark, as HC, was not that successful at Washington and struggled at USC and he crawled into the bottle. He entered Saban’s rehab program and was very successful as an OC. I think he has yet to demonstrate he will be a highly successful HC. I am going to stay in the wait and see mode to see if this works out.
Sark has really changed his personal life. I think he should do well at TX. The boosters are the problem in Austin.

Sark has really changed his personal life. I think he should do well at TX. The boosters are the problem in Austin.
Boosters are a problem at most P5 programs. Wish Arch goodwill. But Sark losing to Kansas last year ranks up there with Pruitt losing to GA St. We all know how that turned out.

Exactly correct CJH. Just a reminder......Texas could have the number 1 recruiting class each year that Manning is there but that does not win them the national championship. Manning alone does now make them win any championship and the game is still played on the field on game day. IF a QB was a guarantee to win a national championship then TN would have (4) years in a row under Peyton. But.....TN could not beat Florida when Peyton was here.
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH..........FOR SURE, WHY DIDN'T WE BEAT FLORIDA DURING PEYTON'S YEARS IF THE MANNING'S CAN WALK ON WATER..................YES I AM YELLING THIS !!!!!!

Reactions: spencer1989

VN Store

Back