Questions From Noobs:Tennessee Baseball Edition

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
I’m the first to admit that I jumped on the bandwagon late last season. It was an exciting time and everyone in this forum was very warm and welcoming. It would be nice to have a thread where us noobs could ask questions and learn about Tennessee Baseball from the passionate regulars.

I’m the first to admit that I jumped on the bandwagon late last season. It was an exciting time and everyone in this forum was very warm and welcoming. It would be nice to have a thread where us noobs could ask questions and learn about Tennessee Baseball from the passionate regulars.

Yes, Arsenal sucks.

I have some questions about scheduling.

1) Does Tennessee have any regular non conference rivals?
2) Do they try to schedule non conference cupcakes or top ranked teams?
3) Is there any rhyme or reason in determining why some matchups are 1, 2 or 3 game series?
4) Do all SEC teams play the same amount of non conference games?
5) How does the SEC part of the schedule work as far as the West team rotation goes? I assume we alternate home and away with the east teams every year.

I have some questions about scheduling.

1) Does Tennessee have any regular non conference rivals?
2) Do they try to schedule non conference cupcakes or top ranked teams?
3) Is there any rhyme or reason in determining why some matchups are 1, 2 or 3 game series?
4) Do all SEC teams play the same amount of non conference games?
5) How does the SEC part of the schedule work as far as the West team rotation goes? I assume we alternate home and away with the east teams every year.

We play Tennessee Tech, ETSU or other Tennessee schools on a fairly regular basis. CTV has upped the competition in the OCC pre sec portion of the schedule a bit from the CDS era. My take on the OOC portion is that it’s about relationships. The East teams do alternate, the West part of our schedule, I have no clue, and that will get even more complicated when Texas and Oklahoma join.

The midweek games are generally one offs, the weekend series’s are generally 3 games.

I will say as I have said to our baseball players’ parents. Probably not good to read this while your kid is in the game. The fly bus have a tendency to take pop shots even when we are winning. tge normals will love and celebrate with your kids in good and bad.

I will say as I have said to our baseball players’ parents. Probably not good to read this while your kid is in the game. The fly bus have a tendency to take pop shots even when we are winning. tge normals will love and celebrate with your kids in good and bad.

I hate that, but it’s not bad advice. But I hate that it seems true to you.

GBO!!!

We play Tennessee Tech, ETSU or other Tennessee schools on a fairly regular basis. CTV has upped the competition in the OCC pre sec portion of the schedule a bit from the CDS era. My take on the OOC portion is that it’s about relationships. The East teams do alternate, the West part of our schedule, I have no clue, and that will get even more complicated when Texas and Oklahoma join.

The midweek games are generally one offs, the weekend series’s are generally 3 games.
Had to look up who CDS was, and of course I remember the name now. Interesting that there were two coaches almost 20 years each in Delmonico and Wright, but what really surprised me was seeing Cafego’s name, I never knew he coached the baseball team.

I’ll poll the masses. Enough typos in Preacherman’s post to suggest he’s taking liberties with the sacraments tonight?

I’ll hang up and listen.

The Tennessee Tech game was suspended yesterday, does that mean all the stats get erased?

Reactions: VolPack22
Is there a mercy rule?
If yes, how does it work, does it apply the same to SEC and Out of conference games?

Reactions: VolPack22
You guys crack me up every time there is a Home run in the game thread.
How many different nicknames or expressions do you all have for a HR?

VN Store

Back