Question?

OrangePappy

Does Gerald Williams, or any player, have any options about taking action against the Clearinghouse. I mean we/re talking 2 years messing with this kid's future and his ability to make money.

On a side note, i read where he thinks he did well on his last test and hopes to enroll in January. Stephaun Raines has also taken the test again and hopes to report in January. His High School Coach says that UT has stayed in touch the whole time and said he still has an offer on the table. If it doesn't work out he will probably enroll Coffeyville CC.

Raines problem was not a test score. He is having to retake a high school course that he failed.

tfp...
Thursday brought a conclusion to Stephaun Raines’ long fight to join Tennessee’s football team, but it wasn’t the one he wanted.

Former Dalton High receiverrunner Raines received results of his latest SAT attempt, and his score wasn’t high enough for him to be eligible at UT. He will enroll in January at Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College, according to Dalton coach Ronnie McClurg.

"I’m sure he’s very disappointed," McClurg said.

The initial problem was a class he had passed but the Clearinghouse did not accept. He then had to re-take the SAT and make a better score to offset the class that wasn't counted and he came up short.
On a positive note, Dalton has a lineman that was a junior that made the All North Georgia team. D J Lashus, 6'4",265, no neck.

Well, good luck to him in JUCO. Hopefully he will get everything in order while he is there.

The initial problem was a class he had passed but the Clearinghouse did not accept. He then had to re-take the SAT and make a better score to offset the class that wasn't counted and he came up short.
On a positive note, Dalton has a lineman that was a junior that made the All North Georgia team. D J Lashus, 6'4",265, no neck.

I played football with him. He is a maniac on the field but I don't see him getting any D-1 scholarship offers. He transfered from my old school the year after I graduated.

I played football with him. He is a maniac on the field but I don't see him getting any D-1 scholarship offers. He transfered from my old school the year after I graduated.

The article said that they moved him from DL to OL, will that help? I like to see kids from North Georgia getting a look. There was also a TE from Ridgeland that it said was getting some D-1 interest as a junior, Nigel Nicholas (6'4",250). The interest may be because he plays defense too. Has anybody heard anything on either of these guys?

I really don't see Lashus going anywhere big. Most likely won't go anywhere at all. Unless he makes some changes I really don't see him making the jump.

VN Store

Back