Question of the day

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Not sure if we have anything like this. Might be fun, might start fights. I'll start.

Would you take a different job that pays about 10% less if it meant you would have more satisfaction and you enjoyed your workday more? Assume all other things being relatively equal.

Yep.

My wife and I are working on moving to Knoxville... I'd take a job that pays 10% less than I make here because I know quality of life will improve.

Absolutely. I would look at my overall budget and see if there are areas I can trim or adjust without real detriment to my family (there typically are). If I can absorb the hit, be it 10% or whatever, I will always go for the happier life.

On the other hand, if you're scraping by now and that extra 10% will raise stress levels and cause additional friction in your relationships, probably not.

Generally speaking, when you get to the end of your days, if you have the luxury of reflecting on your life, happy times will stand out. Having 10% more money probably won't.

No, not because of the money I just have a hard time working for anyone.

Absolutely. I'm quickly learning that what truly matters is God, family and friends. Anything beyond that is a luxury. As long as I'm surrounded by the people that I love life is good.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
If there really is a problem, I probably would. However, the grass is not always greener in another job. Some times the same types of issues are waiting there too.

VN Store

Back