Question for you recruiting experts????

rockydoc

I just got through reading the sports section in the very Bama biased Birmingham News. They had a big piece on a local kid named Marques Maze (some undersized 5-8, 160# RB from Tarrant). Anyway, they said on signing day it came down to between UT and Bama and at the press conference, on signing day, he picked up the Tennessee orange cap, then put it down and placed the Bama cap on his head. They made it sound like this was a major coup for the Tide over the Vols.

My question is whether we actually wanted or offered a scholarship to this runt. I never saw once on any of the projection charts before signing day that he was on UT's list.

I just got through reading the sports section in the very Bama biased Birmingham News. They had a big piece on a local kid named Marques Maze (some undersized 5-8, 160# RB from Tarrant). Anyway, they said on signing day it came down to between UT and Bama and at the press conference, on signing day, he picked up the Tennessee orange cap, then put it down and placed the Bama cap on his head. They made it sound like this was a major coup for the Tide over the Vols.

My question is whether we actually wanted or offered a scholarship to this runt. I never saw once on any of the projection charts before signing day that he was on UT's list.

we offered him quite awhile back, where he soon after commited to michigan. then he decommitted from there and we kind of got back in it. It's debatable whether or not we really had room for him in the end. but a couple of days prior to signing day all the experts knew he was going to alabama. Thats about as much as i know.

It wasn't a huge loss like they may say. Ofcourse Bama is always gonna over react on everything. He is a 3 star athlete/ wide reciever. Yes we did offer him, but he is not a big loss as some bama fans are gonna say.

:superman:

It wasn't a huge loss like they may say. Ofcourse Bama is always gonna over react on everything. He is a 3 star athlete/ wide reciever. Yes we did offer him, but he is not a big loss as some bama fans are gonna say.

it really wasnt a big deal to anyone in tennessee circles as far as i know. So bama fans were definetely just being bama fans. just make sure you show them the final rankings. that should shut them up.

They think he will be the next David Palmer or Prothro. Anyway, won't lose any sleep over the loss.

Saban did steal a four star lineman from Auburn from Hoover Ala.. There is starting to be some very bad blood between AU and UA. It will be interesting. Auburn is my second favorite team. They hate BAMA as much as we do.

They think he will be the next David Palmer or Prothro. Anyway, won't lose any sleep over the loss.

Saban did steal a four star lineman from Auburn from Hoover Ala.. There is starting to be some very bad blood between AU and UA. It will be interesting. Auburn is my second favorite team. They hate BAMA as much as we do.

how can u have auburn as ur second favorite team? tennessee is my first second and third. I hate all others...unless we need someone to win to benefit ut. im very narrowminded

He mentioned UT when he decommitted from Michigan, and I posted about it a couple of weeks ago when I read it...

We brought him in on an official and tried to land him. Brent has been saying all along that he is a guy that we could steal at the end, but I don't think we are pushing for him now.

I'd take HV's word on that. I think it is just Bama trying to claim a victory over the vols any way they can :glare:

Yes, the bama nation was celebrating their shining moment on getting Maze. Thats all I've heard, the next Duece, the next Prothro, the fastest player in the sec next year. And I was like, "have you looked at our class, you friggin nuts."

Saban landed an top 10 class after coming in very, very late. What do you think he's going to do next year with a full season season under his belt.

Maze has been out of it for awhile. He was the backup to the backup plan if things fell apart. Brooks on the other hand was going to come here if we had some debacle on NSD, but that didn't happen and he went to Rutgers which is one of the best things he could have done.

Saban landed an top 10 class after coming in very, very late. What do you think he's going to do next year with a full season season under his belt.

Get bags of money, dress up as Santa Claus, and come down each recruits chimey with the money in hand and eat the cookies and milk just before he goes back up the chimney so he won't be spotted.

You're right, the rest of the SEC teams should just quit now...Saban will take over the world...

Rumor has it he needs someone to hold his balls while he s****, I think you should submit your application...

You're right, the rest of the SEC teams should just quit now...Saban will take over the world...

Rumor has it he needs someone to hold his balls while he s****, I think you should submit your application...

Finally there's someone on here that actually understands football.

Finally there's someone on here that actually understands football.
Eventho the line came from a Bammer, it is kinda funny. A stupid remark...but still funny.

In that state, you should have a top ten class every year. Those kids grow up being told Alabama football is the only thing relevant. As bad as Shula was, all the bammers were talking about how good this class was going to be, before he was shown the door.

Get bags of money, dress up as Santa Claus, and come down each recruits chimey with the money in hand and eat the cookies and milk just before he goes back up the chimney so he won't be spotted.

the cookies sound more like fulmer

Well, when Billy Ray Bama snuggles up to his cousin tonight, they can talk about how A-Maze-ing he will be.

You can throw Maze in with Cadet, Chaisson, Brooks, etc. He is just another player that we didn't have room for. We dropped him right after Darnius Moore committed.

As for Saban and his top 10 class, Charlies Weis came in late last year and still landed a top 10 class, though this class wasn't all world. On the other hand, Urban Meyer did the same and look at UF now.

Challenge the Klingons for interstellar domination, that's what.

I see him bolting to the next highest bidder......

You can throw Maze in with Cadet, Chaisson, Brooks, etc. He is just another player that we didn't have room for. We dropped him right after Darnius Moore committed.

As for Saban and his top 10 class, Charlies Weis came in late last year and still landed a top 10 class, though this class wasn't all world. On the other hand, Urban Meyer did the same and look at UF now.

Yeah but in Urbans case UF won with Zooks players. Yet to be determined on his own recruits. They very well could wind up like the '02 class UT signed.

No better, being in Bama he should have Top 20 classes every year. Yeah he had the 10th rated class but still 7th in the SEC. He won't get what he got at LSU the field is too crowded now. You obviously are either scared of him or have a man-crush on him. Sorry but he not all that.

VN Store

Back