Question for those who have been to Omaha: I got tickets for 1 game

NighthawkVol

I got tickets for Game 1 of the championship series. I know that sounds presumptuous, but I’ve always wanted to go, we’re going to be in Kansas City anyway (a 3 hour drive to Omaha), and I’ll just go see the CWS even if UT isn’t there.

My question is, do I need to go ahead and get Game 2 tickets to the championship series or will tickets be available from scalpers after teams lose? Any experience here?

Reactions: OneVolNation
I got tickets for Game 1 of the championship series. I know that sounds presumptuous, but I’ve always wanted to go, we’re going to be in Kansas City anyway (a 3 hour drive to Omaha), and I’ll just go see the CWS even if UT isn’t there.

My question is, do I need to go ahead and get Game 2 tickets to the championship series or will tickets be available from scalpers after teams lose? Any experience here?
Scalpers were everywhere

Reactions: OneVolNation
I've been and don't agree with the above saying tickets are plentiful to all games. Fri and Sat night opening weekend games (game 2 and 4) will go for over face value and are the hardest tickets to get - at least for more reasonable costs. They won't be UT regional/super costs, but there's a reason they sold out the public offerings within 30min.

Game 1 and 3 tickets will sell out, too, but will be cheaper due to afternoon games and being much hotter.

It will also depend on which teams make the tourney. Ark, Texas, aTm, LSU, us... big fan bases that travel well. Harder tickets to get. It's almost like a 10 day holiday for a lot of locals, too - given that there's not much of anything else going on around there most of the year.

After the first Fri and Sat, tickets do become easier to find. Starting the 20th, they'll be a much easier get.

There's also a ticket exchange through Ticketmaster to swap tickets with other fanbases as you win/lose

Last edited:
Reactions: vol66
Omaha is The Fight Club. There are eight rules.

The first two rules: don’t talk about the fight club until next Monday

With that said, don’t worry about the second game. If we lose, we would play on Sunday; win on Monday. No point buying any more now.

I've been to that stadium. It's a gorgeous venue. You'll enjoy it no matter who you see in the Championship series Game 1.

Reactions: Mightyvol

VN Store

Back