Question about Milton’s long run

If Milton had tied his shoes
If he switches the ball to his left (outside) hand like he's supposed to on a left sideline run, he could have easily stiffarmed his way to the cheggarboards.
22 more negative posts on Milton and he breaks JG record for most about a qb in a single day...keep em coming!

22 more negative posts on Milton and he breaks JG record for most about a qb in a single day...keep em coming!
He probably could have laid out for the pylon if his shoes weren’t loose and coming off. Like that?

No no no. JG is so far ahead it isn’t even close. At least Milton hasn’t thrown a pick six so far. He at least makes sure no body can catch the dang thing 😉 (well, maybe the Hot Dog vendor in the upper deck)

Reactions: MiramarVol
Agreed. My point is, we seem to ALWAYS find some dumb way to turn a first and goal into zero points (or sometimes even 6 points for our opponent). We are EXPERTS at shooting ourselves in the foot. You just made my point for me 😂
We did punch it in from the 2 yard line after the blocked punt

Reactions: MiramarVol
In the Game Saturday, Milton broke free for that long run and got down to about the five before being tackled. That was when the Offense basically self destructed and we were fortunate to wind up with a 47 yard field goal. That just felt very familiar to the last couple of seasons. It seems like UT might be some sort of national leader in terms of number of long gains to set up first and goals that go nowhere (or even backwards). I can recall several instances where JG completed a deep throw or Gray or Chandler almost reached the goal one and then the offense just couldn’t punch it in. So when Milton almost made it to paydirt I got this strange feeling of deja vu that turned out to be completed justified. At UT, you better complete the long gain or we are going back to the bench empty handed.
Does anyone have a stat for this? We gotta be one of the worst at it.

My son-in-law, who is a UGA grad, said it most succinctly...."The Vols are snake-bit". I believe it.

Agreed. My point is, we seem to ALWAYS find some dumb way to turn a first and goal into zero points (or sometimes even 6 points for our opponent). We are EXPERTS at shooting ourselves in the foot. You just made my point for me 😂[/1631731674371.gif

VN Store

Back