Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

I was home visiting and saw Bearden play, this kid is about 5’10 and is explosive and very dramatic. Has an attitude. Pember is not an SEC player, he’s thin and has average athletic ability. He’s a decent shooter but never dominated any game I saw. I just don’t see this guy being a contributor

Best thing about Glover, IMO, is that he knocks down his shots at an outstanding clip: 45% on 3-pointers, 64% inside the arc and 85% from the FT line: Ques Glover's High School Basketball Stats

Well, since we are still in the tournament? It's silly to expect any changes in the recruiting class at this point. Until we know if some underclassman somehow opens a spot, they are not going to add him. But if the opportunity rises, those stats make him a get for me. And yes, even at 5'9".

I was home visiting and saw Bearden play, this kid is about 5’10 and is explosive and very dramatic. Has an attitude. Pember is not an SEC player, he’s thin and has average athletic ability. He’s a decent shooter but never dominated any game I saw. I just don’t see this guy being a contributor

Yeah he needs some time with a S&C coach, but he seemed smart with the ball. Barnes sees something in him. Hopefully, he knows Glover is probably the guy who has set Pember up for most of his good plays. Rare that two HS teammates end up on the same D1 team, but maybe not completely unheard of. Don't know.

Kind of crazy that they offered his teammate pember who frankly doesn’t look deserving at all.
Glover could likely play back up minutes out of the gate.

Yeah he needs some time with a S&C coach, but he seemed smart with the ball. Barnes sees something in him. Hopefully, he knows Glover is probably the guy who has set Pember up for most of his good plays. Rare that two HS teammates end up on the same D1 team, but maybe not completely unheard of. Don't know.

Ron Widby and Bill Justus (different classes). Doug Roth and Travis Henry.

He could walk-on here. Plus, he wouldn't be the first 5-9 guy to play in the SEC. Kentucky's Tyler Ulis was. Tyler Harris at Memphis is and he was their 2nd best player.

Reactions: sport3500
He could walk-on here. Plus, he wouldn't be the first 5-9 guy to play in the SEC. Kentucky's Tyler Ulis was. Tyler Harris at Memphis is and he was their 2nd best player.
And we really wanted Harris, so that tells me that Glover's size isn't the lone thing holding an offer back from this staff. They must see something else, or don't think we need another PG.

I went to high school with Ques, but I’m a few years older than him. He was 5’9 until he hit a growth spurt around his junior year of school. He’s more like 6’0 now and can jump out of the building. FWIW I think he would be a great addition if we can find room for him. Still think adding another big man through reclassification or grad transfer is a higher priority though

Ron Widby and Bill Justus (different classes). Doug Roth and Travis Henry.
I remember Widby and Justus went to Knox Fulton, and that Roth was a local from Karns. I thought Travis Henry was from Florida, maybe Frostproof? Justus was about 2 years ahead of me in school, and Widby about 4, I think.

Last edited:
I remember Widby and Justus went to Knox Fulton, and that Roth was a local from Karns. I thought Travis Henry was from Florida, maybe Frostproof? Justus was about 2 years ahead of me in school, and Widby about 4, I think.

There are 2 Travis Henrys. One played at Karns and the other has a few dozen children.

Jerry Finestone and Ernie Grunfeld might have been on the same HS team. They were very good friends before playing for TN.

Isiah Thomas was 5'8 165 coming out of high school a few years ago, averaged 16 ppg at Washington and before injuries got him, could drop 25 a night in the NBA. Some people can just play, and Glover looks like a guy that can just flat out play. That said, Glover is by all reports, 5'11 now and is athletic enough to windmill dunk it and shoots high percentages from all areas of the floor. Right now he's a much better basketball player than Pember, but maybe Pember has a higher ceiling due to his height. From seeing him this season though, I can't see how Pember won't redshirt his freshman year. He makes Fulkerson look like Grant Williams.

Reactions: white65

When I was a kid, I walked into McDonald's on Broadway and there stood Bill Justice, ready to take my order......I was so star struck, I couldn't say vanilla milkshake....I tried and tried, but I couldn't form the words, vanilla milkshake....Finally Bill says, "Do you want a vanilla milkshake?" I said, "yes sir....aren't you Bill Justice?" He laughed and said yes, and gave me my vanilla milkshake...I was so embarrassed...Never forgot that.

Reactions: i2amavol

VN Store

Back