Qb2

Do most of you want JG to fail this season? You realize that means we lose right? Jeez
No. I have been critical. I strongly disagree with some folks who tend to deny any weakness or failure. But NO UT fan should want him to fail... or ignore it when he does. What he did this past week will not beat UGA, UF, Bama, TAM, or Auburn. It may not beat UK or Mizzou. The game is available on youtube. There's a link here for a 24 minute version of the game with every play. Watch and note not only how many throws were badly off target but how many were "inaccurate in the strike zone". He was late and behind receivers several times. Against a better secondary, those plays are defended rather than completions.

Maybe we just have a different expectation. I am looking for a QB that's a difference maker and can lead an effective O vs UF, UGA, and Bama. A RS Sr SEC starter should be on that plane of ability. Others seem to be satisfied with much less than that.

You literally mentioned JG in your first post...
No **** sherlock. I kind of have to mention his name to get to the premise of who will replace him. This thread is to talk about qb2 and what the offense looks like with him. If you cant understand such a simple thing... please go somewhere else it's not hard to figure out that we aren't here to discuss JG.

No **** sherlock. I kind of have to mention his name to get to the premise of who will replace him. This thread is to talk about qb2 and what the offense looks like with him. If you cant understand such a simple thing... please go somewhere else it's not hard to figure out that we aren't here to discuss JG.

There is nothing left of that poster, brutal Haha

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Not an informed opinion, but my gut says HB. I think JG will get by Missouri okay, and by the Georgia game HB will have gotten enough reps to be able to run the offense... hopefully.

That doesn’t match up with what little has been leaked out of practices...HB is battling for the 3rd string slot and not even close to #2. Not the news I wanted to hear but he’s a good HS QB with about two weeks of practice with a college team.

It really is rediculous how ready some are to bring out the pitchforks just for merely saying his name lol.

No. I have been critical. I strongly disagree with some folks who tend to deny any weakness or failure. But NO UT fan should want him to fail... or ignore it when he does. What he did this past week will not beat UGA, UF, Bama, TAM, or Auburn. It may not beat UK or Mizzou. The game is available on youtube. There's a link here for a 24 minute version of the game with every play. Watch and note not only how many throws were badly off target but how many were "inaccurate in the strike zone". He was late and behind receivers several times. Against a better secondary, those plays are defended rather than completions.

Maybe we just have a different expectation. I am looking for a QB that's a difference maker and can lead an effective O vs UF, UGA, and Bama. A RS Sr SEC starter should be on that plane of ability. Others seem to be satisfied with much less than that.
I think 95% of VOLS FANS want the QB that will help us win the game. They simply have different theories on the identity.

I hope to see all three at some point this season. I think BM is no. 2, but it's looking like JG this year and next. I'm wondering which of three enter the transfer portal, cause some will.

This year attendance is capped, so record doesn't matter for that. This year doesn't count against eligibility. This year everyone is bowl eligible regardless of record. So you give heavy reps to whomever you think will be the QB in 2021.

Am I wrong, isn't Maurer listed as number 2? That's my guess as to how it would go....

If his hammy is good. Those can be a bother.
He and Shrout both have game experience, but Maurer was listed at 2 last week. The first of the 2's.

I'd imagine it will be him. But Shrout seems to have improved.

I can't imagine they wouldn't give Bailey a hard look either. He didn't come to sit.

Maurer first, and then the other 2 probably get their own series.

If his hammy is good. Those can be a bother.
He and Shrout both have game experience, but Maurer was listed at 2 last week. The first of the 2's.

I'd imagine it will be him. But Shrout seems to have improved.

I can't imagine they wouldn't give Bailey a hard look either. He didn't come to sit.

Maurer first, and then the other 2 probably get their own series.
Do we have a 2a and 2b? Haha

Boy that depends. My guess is they would want to protect HB's eligibility for as long as possible and not burn his redshirt. With Covid causing an extra year of eligibility he could be around a long time.

I'd say BM gets first crack assuming JG is benched. If JG has a serious (multi week) injury maybe a different story.

Even if HB played it would not count against his elgibility. This year does not count; even jg can play next year.

Not an informed opinion, but my gut says HB. I think JG will get by Missouri okay, and by the Georgia game HB will have gotten enough reps to be able to run the offense... hopefully.

Seems unlikely imo.

If everyone is healthy, it would probably be Maurer if I had to guess - based on the evidence we have.

No sense in throwing HB out to the wolves (SEC).

Protect HB's eligibility ??? I say play him while you got him. Doubtful he will be here four years anyway.

I agree the longer he doesn't play is that many less games we have him for, if he is as good as advertised he will go pro as soon as elgible. Play him now.

This year attendance is capped, so record doesn't matter for that. This year doesn't count against eligibility. This year everyone is bowl eligible regardless of record. So you give heavy reps to whomever you think will be the QB in 2021.

I agree with you, sadly it appear to be jg again in 21

Reactions: Tnphil
Have we really not learned that we shouldn't play QBs before they are ready. JG is ruined because of it, Maurer may be.

I would turn to Shrout until HB is 💯 ready.

Reactions: lexkyvol
NCAA ruled that this season does not count as far as player eligibility......Example...A senior this year that normally would have no eligibility left can now comeback next season...

Lolol...
JG says not only will he be back next year, but he feels he is getting this passing thing down and can contribute til he is at least 30. Will have to be dragged from the huddle after refusing to accept the results of the latest VN poll regarding his replacement.

VN Store

Back