QB NIL deals

We definitely lost a few recruits to better NIL deals, just based off the info out there. But at the same time, we aren't in the position currently to be offering every recruit a huge NIL deal. And if the money is close (say within 10K), they are going to go where they feel more comfortable at.

I certainly don't believe that Nolan got offered more by UT than TAMU, but from what has been said, we made a good offer.

I will admit that I am hoping he has healthy but documented unproductive career at TAM. Hope their ROI from this first big year is horrible.

Reactions: igotworms
We definitely lost a few recruits to better NIL deals, just based off the info out there. But at the same time, we aren't in the position currently to be offering every recruit a huge NIL deal. And if the money is close (say within 10K), they are going to go where they feel more comfortable at.

I certainly don't believe that Nolan got offered more by UT than TAMU, but from what has been said, we made a good offer.
Who do you think the we is?

Any other position groups worth spending $$ on? QB's are great, but need other puzzle pieces, ask Joe Burrow what a great O line is worth.

The guy who made it to a superbowl because his team picked a WR and note an OT? Not the best example.

Reactions: Ref4Life

Really everything I've read and heard from the media and former players like Swain says the opposite.

So we still don’t know what he’s actually making? Just that he should be making 7 figures?

Like Saban, ppl are inflating the numbers as a recruiting ploy. They use words like "likely to make" and "should" and "may
". Journalists run with it because it makes clicks/money for them. The player will be long gone before he comes out and says something like, I appreciate all the money I did get but it was nowhere near 7 figures.
This is just a good recruiting tool get them here for at least 1 year and if they blow up go find the money. Then it will turn into they are "guaranteed" they "will" and they "made" 7 figures.

Who do you think the we is?
5c96cc13e440d318bfcd521a2a49f6ad130f1172r1-1080-1080v2_uhq.jpg

Like Saban, ppl are inflating the numbers as a recruiting ploy. They use words like "likely to make" and "should" and "may
". Journalists run with it because it makes clicks/money for them. The player will be long gone before he comes out and says something like, I appreciate all the money I did get but it was nowhere near 7 figures.
This is just a good recruiting tool get them here for at least 1 year and if they blow up go find the money. Then it will turn into they are "guaranteed" they "will" and they "made" 7 figures.

It's a damn shame all the snakes in the grass looking to take advantage of these young guys. The ones from poor backgrounds will end up suckers until word gets out. It won't be that way forever. The ones like Arch Manning will cash out. It doesn't take a genius or even a college education to read and figure out a contract.

College football sucks with this BS. Greed killed it. No salary cap, what could possibly go wrong? Texas and Oklahoma don't belong in the SEC. Neither do South Carolina and Arkansas. But here we are. I hope everyone enjoys Alabama and Georgia winning all championships for the next decade or so. Maybe Texas can buy one. Tennessee will never get there under the current system. Goodbye to small time college football. Money is all that matters.

It's a damn shame all the snakes in the grass looking to take advantage of these young guys. The ones from poor backgrounds will end up suckers until word gets out. It won't be that way forever. The ones like Arch Manning will cash out. It doesn't take a genius or even a college education to read and figure out a contract.

College football sucks with this BS. Greed killed it. No salary cap, what could possibly go wrong? Texas and Oklahoma don't belong in the SEC. Neither do South Carolina and Arkansas. But here we are. I hope everyone enjoys Alabama and Georgia winning all championships for the next decade or so. Maybe Texas can buy one. Tennessee will never get there under the current system. Goodbye to small time college football. Money is all that matters.

Kind of weird that you were fine with it when the greed was all one sided slanted towards the schools.

I know there is a faction of fans who have always operated with the notion that 'my school does it the Right Way.'

It has made some fans feel better to believe their program was not involved with paying players.

Without getting too involved in what has happened in the past, I will just say it has happened in the past and Jeremy Pruitt didn't invent it. Most college head coaches were, for good reason, protected from it but none were totally insulated. Nick Saban's comments about how "We have never cheated" is just a whole lot of hot air. Nick's not that stupid. What is stupid is making comments like that that might entice some of their players from the past to come out of the woodwork and start making comments.

Where do people believe the money that's underwriting these new NIL deals are coming from? There's been a network of booster money at every single top tier school and it's been going on for decades. People running the legal NIL deals now did not have to scratch in the dirt to find the money. They already knew where it was.

Kind of weird that you were fine with it when the greed was all one sided slanted towards the schools.

Why is it greed? The university is running a business and the students pay for a service. Scholarship athletes get that service free of charge. This has really screwed up college football. The divide between the haves and have not will grow wider and traditions are going in the garbage heap. Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC is just weird.. Hey it's fine if you like it. I don't.

I know there is a faction of fans who have always operated with the notion that 'my school does it the Right Way.'

It has made some fans feel better to believe their program was not involved with paying players.

Without getting too involved in what has happened in the past, I will just say it has happened in the past and Jeremy Pruitt didn't invent it. Most college head coaches were, for good reason, protected from it but none were totally insulated. Nick Saban's comments about how "We have never cheated" is just a whole lot of hot air. Nick's not that stupid. What is stupid is making comments like that that might entice some of their players from the past to come out of the woodwork and start making comments.

Where do people believe the money that's underwriting these new NIL deals are coming from? There's been a network of booster money at every single top tier school and it's been going on for decades. People running the legal NIL deals now did not have to scratch in the dirt to find the money. They already knew where it was.

Yep and anyone who doesn't know this has been under a rock somewhere or just has never paid close attention to college sports. Great post by the way really good points.

Why is it greed? The university is running a business and the students pay for a service. Scholarship athletes get that service free of charge. This has really screwed up college football. The divide between the haves and have not will grow wider and traditions are going in the garbage heap. Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC is just weird.. Hey it's fine if you like it. I don't.

A fan of watching the slaves fight it out in the coliseum, i see

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back