QB Jamie Newman Transfers to Georgia

It is if Fields was the better player. He didn’t have any trouble benching Eason for Fromm who was also a good young player. Jalen Hurts was benched for Tua and he had much better success as a starter. Not being able to recognize talent is a major coaching deficiency

Yet we continue to trot out JG. Glass house much?

I’m sure he’ll be serviceable but their is a reason he hasn’t been a starting QB at an SEC school.

The thing with a school like Georgia is, a game manager is enough to make them a threat. Hopefully he can’t adapt the SEC speed in one season.

Uh huh, let’s look at it this way. Fromm is headed to the NFL draft and he wasn’t that great according to most Georgia fans. He looked very average for most of the year in that offense with Swift and a good oline. Yet, he left school, went to the NFL draft, and will likely be picked in the first round. Meanwhile, UGA is going to be “better” with a qb who is a graduate transfer, has two years of film, and entered the transfer portal instead of the NFL draft? Georgia fans logic: transfer portal > NFL draft. For every Joe Burrow, there are dozens of Danny Etling, Kasim Hill, Rick Clausen, and Kelly Bryant qb transfers
Its not like QB play ever turned a potentially great team in to a avg or good team. Lol. We are TN and most are pinning our next season on freshman with no experience..yet UGA fans are dumb for expecting a P5 QB transfer to make them a better team...

Seriously??

Its not like QB play ever turned a potentially great team in to a avg or good team. Lol. We are TN and most are pinning our next season on freshman with no experience..yet UGA fans are dumb for expecting a P5 QB transfer to make them a better team...

Seriously??

You don't understand the difference between an NFL caliber quarterback being exchanged for a graduate transfer in the same offense and expecting that offense to improve? Unless you actually believe Newnan is foregoing the NFL to go play for UGA for one season? Seriously?? Yes, UGA fans are dumb for expecting a one year transfer to improve upon an offense that featured an NFL caliber quarterback. What makes you think a freshman will be starting at UT next season?

Yet we continue to trot out JG. Glass house much?

Who on this roster is clearly superior to JG?? The problem with this discussion is you actually believe Maurer is superior to JG when he was given plenty of chances to prove it and couldn't. That's the difference in the two situations, something you can't seem to grasp. Fields was going to sit two years behind Fromm regardless of his talent and has proven that he is clearly the superior quarterback at OSU. Maurer was given the chance to start several games as a freshman over a returning starter which completely disproves your entire point. How many starts was Fields given or moments in an actual game other than a ridiculous failed fake punt and meaningless minutes at the end of a game? I will hang up and listen.

You don't understand the difference between an NFL caliber quarterback being exchanged for a graduate transfer in the same offense and expecting that offense to improve? Unless you actually believe Newnan is foregoing the NFL to go play for UGA for one season? Seriously?? Yes, UGA fans are dumb for expecting a one year transfer to improve upon an offense that featured an NFL caliber quarterback. What makes you think a freshman will be starting at UT next season?
If you actually had done research on Newman instead of making generalizations you would have read about how he might has snuck into the 1st round but was advised by teams to return for 1 more season...so Newman instead n of staying at Wake decided to increase his draft profile and go to the SEC..so it possible to replace a 1st round game manager QB with 1 that potentially still a 1st rounder but has dual ability.....

As far as UT, if you have read anything conversation on here. HB is our savior...

Who on this roster is clearly superior to JG?? The problem with this discussion is you actually believe Maurer is superior to JG when he was given plenty of chances to prove it and couldn't. That's the difference in the two situations, something you can't seem to grasp. Fields was going to sit two years behind Fromm regardless of his talent and has proven that he is clearly the superior quarterback at OSU. Maurer was given the chance to start several games as a freshman over a returning starter which completely disproves your entire point. How many starts was Fields given or moments in an actual game other than a ridiculous failed fake punt and meaningless minutes at the end of a game? I will hang up and listen.

This response is apples and oranges. For starters, you're asking a question that strikes at the coaching staff more. You were speaking of situations at AL/UGA where their recruiting prowess allegedly provided better options for established, stalwart quarterbacks. We haven't had a stalwart quarterback. Besides that, your response fails that it asks who is "clearly superior?"

It's not necessary for a replacement to be "clearly superior." It's only necessary for a replacement to have an opportunity to provide showcase that he isn't a liability to our team. JG has not been able to demonstrate that he is not a liability to our team. While posters are white knuckled over HB, I don't think you even have to get that point. If CJP has not been able to remedy the negative exposure of JG in two years. If there is nobody on the roster more befitting of leading our team, than that is an indictment in itself.

What do you want? CJP can't figure out better talent at the QB position in two years, or he can't figure out how to replace it in two years?

He ended up at Wake Forest. Now he's at UGA as an afterthought. How freakin' good could he be?

What would he look like with top notch SEC caliber players tho????
Thats the problem UGA's OL has regressed & Pickens is the only proven SEC receiver so far coming back. So I say they are not going to be the usual UGA Offense. He will not have some of the luxuries Fromme had, may have been one of reason JF declared. We shall see if Newman beats out the highly rated true Freshman. Carson Beck.
Could see Beck vs Bailey by Saturday November 14 2020. I would not be surprised.

Thats the problem UGA's OL has regressed & Pickens is the only proven SEC receiver so far coming back. So I say they are not going to be the usual UGA Offense. He will not have some of the luxuries Fromme had, may have been one of reason JF declared. We shall see if Newman beats out the highly rated true Freshman. Carson Beck.
Could see Beck vs Bailey by Saturday November 14 2020. I would not be surprised.
Not sure how good Beck really is. He struggled his senior year and if the staff was sold on him they probably wouldn’t have gotten Newman. There will be more talent at WR and TE, it’ll just be inexperienced. The o-line also has talent, just inexperienced outside Hill and Salyer.

If you actually had done research on Newman instead of making generalizations you would have read about how he might has snuck into the 1st round but was advised by teams to return for 1 more season...so Newman instead n of staying at Wake decided to increase his draft profile and go to the SEC..so it possible to replace a 1st round game manager QB with 1 that potentially still a 1st rounder but has dual ability.....

As far as UT, if you have read anything conversation on here. HB is our savior...

Sure he was, and he passed it up to go learn a new system under a very mediocre offensive coordinator

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Oh I know. I just don't think we're in a position to be talking $h!t about UGA's offense when our QB situation is similar.
QB position may not be Georgia's biggest issue. They lost their best position coach and lost a lot on Oline. Doesn't matter if Newman is better than whoever we have starting he can't throw the ball if his ass is smeared into the dirt. Really surprised Georgia hasn't made a change at OC. Theyre still more talented but I'm feeling good about our chances

This response is apples and oranges. For starters, you're asking a question that strikes at the coaching staff more. You were speaking of situations at AL/UGA where their recruiting prowess allegedly provided better options for established, stalwart quarterbacks. We haven't had a stalwart quarterback. Besides that, your response fails that it asks who is "clearly superior?"

It's not necessary for a replacement to be "clearly superior." It's only necessary for a replacement to have an opportunity to provide showcase that he isn't a liability to our team. JG has not been able to demonstrate that he is not a liability to our team. While posters are white knuckled over HB, I don't think you even have to get that point. If CJP has not been able to remedy the negative exposure of JG in two years. If there is nobody on the roster more befitting of leading our team, than that is an indictment in itself.

What do you want? CJP can't figure out better talent at the QB position in two years, or he can't figure out how to replace it in two years?

It is necessary for him to be BETTER than Fromm if you are expecting a better outcome for the team especially considering no one behind Swift is close to him as a running back, a less experienced oline, adjusting to wide receivers, and learning a new system. Quarterback changes, especially for a transfer, do not occur in a vacuum; every factor does not stay constant. It takes to time to adjust to a new quarterback especially one new to the system and the team. JG has proved time and again that he is the better quarterback and he has had to adjust to three different OC's in a three year period. That would be difficult for any quarterback.

Do you need links to the articles or do you think your capable of using google and reading more then 5 sentences??

I don't need to read an article about a player who was told that he may sneak into the first round but was "advised" to return to school for one more year. They are contradictory statements for a player of his caliber at a lesser school. Unlike you, I have an IQ above a half eaten ham sandwich. Let me see if I get this straight: He is informed by the draft advisory board that he may possibly be a first round pick but he decides that what's best for him is to enter the transfer portal, go to a new undetermined team for one year even though he "earned" a first round grade while at WF, risk his starting job which would destroy his draft stock, learn a new offense, and possibly get hurt? The sad thing is you actually believe that lol. By the way next year's qb draft class will more than likely include Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, and Sam Ehlinger. He won't pass Fields or Lawrence even if he has the greatest season known to mankind which doesn't improve his status based on his "projection".

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don't need to read an article about a player who was told that he may sneak into the first round but was "advised" to return to school for one more year. They are contradictory statements for a player of his caliber at a lesser school. Unlike you, I have an IQ above a half eaten ham sandwich. Let me see if I get this straight: He is informed by the draft advisory board that he may possibly be a first round pick but he decides that what's best for him is to enter the transfer portal, go to a new undetermined team for one year even though he "earned" a first round grade while at WF, risk his starting job which would destroy his draft stock, learn a new offense, and possibly get hurt? The sad thing is you actually believe that lol. By the way next year's qb draft class will more than likely include Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, and Sam Ehlinger. He won't pass Fields or Lawrence even if he has the greatest season known to mankind which doesn't improve his status based on his "projection".
Not saying he will pass those QB’s, but Joe Burrow wasn’t predicted to be a first round pick last year and now he’s projected to go number 1 overall. Also, good college QB doesn’t always equal good NFL QB. There have been multiple heisman winners that just haven’t worked out at the next level. Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Manziel, etc.

Reactions: whodeycin85
He put up decent numbers in a terrible conference. The ACC is several steps below the sec as a whole, and the worst power 5 conference. They had no top 25 wins, and good teams they faced, he was flat out terrible for the most part. Virginia tech would be the 5th best team in the east (probably 10th overall), yet that was the second best team he faced in the ACC. Got to keep that in mind. He is more dynamic than fromm for sure. He'll have a better supporting cast at least at running back and WR, but there's 4 new starters on the offensive line.

I was legitimately thinking Georgia could lose up to 5 games next year without a QB transfer (Alabama, Auburn, Florida, us, and maybe Kentucky). Now I'm thinking between 2-4 (probably Florida, maybe us). Their QB situation was atrocious before the transfer, now it's okay at least.

VN Store

Back