'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Rivals.com - Fact or Fiction: Will Campbell is the top OT in the 2022 class

#2. Tennessee will be tough to beat for four-star QB Tayven Jackson.
Gorney’s take: FACT. New coach Josh Heupel needs a quarterback commit in this class to spark the group since the Vols are the only team in the SEC without any pledges yet.
Tayven Jackson is definitely the top target and the staff has made him a big priority. The four-star quarterback has booked his trip to Knoxville. All things are coming together for Jackson to make his pledge to the Volunteers even if he does take other visits. Turning down a pass-happy offense in the SEC at a program with great history and tradition to head all the way to the Pac-12? I’m not buying that right now.

- Rivals

1618333590384.gif

Helmholdt’s take: FICTION. There is definitely a strong pull to the Pac-12 for Jackson, and Arizona State and UCLA should be considered as strong of contenders as any school on this list. Jackson likes the idea of being the guy for a new head coach like Heupel at Tennessee, but he has never visited the campus and there's still a lot he has to learn about the school. Meanwhile, Jackson has family in Arizona and California, has spent a lot of time during his youth in the West and his father played in the Pac-12 at Washington State.

hope this dude ain't right

iu

Helmholdt’s take: FICTION. There is definitely a strong pull to the Pac-12 for Jackson, and Arizona State and UCLA should be considered as strong of contenders as any school on this list. Jackson likes the idea of being the guy for a new head coach like Heupel at Tennessee, but he has never visited the campus and there's still a lot he has to learn about the school. Meanwhile, Jackson has family in Arizona and California, has spent a lot of time during his youth in the West and his father played in the Pac-12 at Washington State.

hope this dude ain't right
“He has never visited the campus” he was here this past weekend

Tayven Jackson and Tennessee are in daily contact. Teams like Florida State, Arizona State and others continue to push but the Vols have done a really nice job to this point. Jackson will officially visit Tennessee in June as they hope to close out that month by doing enough to land him.

-VQ

I got the feels...
1618548816597.gif

Retire numbers for great players. Do the opposite and you’ll run out.
There are always special circumstances.

I'm actually being facetious of course. I came to believe that JG was fatally flawed as a QB... but few players have endured more criticism or shown that much physical/mental toughness. He gave more than enough effort to become a good player. I hate it for him.

There are always special circumstances.

I'm actually being facetious of course. I came to believe that JG was fatally flawed as a QB... but few players have endured more criticism or shown that much physical/mental toughness. He gave more than enough effort to become a good player. I hate it for him.

let's nip this in the bud before we get 10 pages of JG discussion. PLEASE.

BbuterVFL: Any updates on Tayven Jackson? Official visit coming soon. Has he laid a timeline of when exactly he will commit and still feel Vols lead there?

Callahan: Tennessee is still in good shape with Jackson at the moment, in my opinion. The fact that the Vols locked in his first planned official visit is a good sign for them. Right now, his plan is still to take all five official visits, but he's keeping a fairly open mind about his decision timeline. The plan going in will be to take all five official visits, but I think he's open to moving up his timeline slightly if he starts taking his visits and decides he needs to go ahead and lock in his spot somewhere, so a June or July announcement seems like a pretty good possibility.

MiloisMyDog2000: How’s it looking with Tayven Jackson

Callahan: I still think Tennessee is in good shape with him right now. He didn't end up making it to Knoxville on Saturday for the Vols' spring game — he said he forgot last week that he had a track meet that conflicted with the game — but his official visit to Tennessee the weekend of June 11 is still the only official visit he has finalized on his schedule. I would say the Vols are probably at least the slight favorites to land him at the moment, but he obviously hasn't been to Tennessee yet.

VN Store

Back