'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Looking at film....take this kid 10 out of 10 times over Wade. Jmo.

This is only a topic because KY saw it as their only public angle to beat TN for the twins. He had no issue with our plan before to be a 2nd QB/Athelte.They are pushing this BS that he is their only QB target and top guy while TN has others in mind at QB. It’s pathetic honestly and sad if Destin falls for it. KY isn’t putting their QB eggs in the Destin Wade basket. They are just lying to get them in the boat and ask for forgiveness later when they take someone else.

Any idea how they handle it if practice moves inside? The public won't be invited in and I assume the no contact rule would prevent allowing recruits any special access.
I think they’re relying on the forecast. Some criticized them for not planning this in advance...there really was no way.

I understand all the certainties with COVID, but anyone else think we’re using a lot of officials too early?

I understand all the certainties with COVID, but anyone else think we’re using a lot of officials too early?
They’re not on an official visit. Tayven’s official visit is scheduled for June 11-13.

Reactions: Ace
Right, I mean using the officials in June. Understandable with COVID, but early and may give less chance to tell side of investigation in person (sans potential in-home) leaving kids with story other schools selling.

Last edited:
I think the reason for the “open practice” isn’t for us (fans) think it was for recruits. Hence the late notice. I’m sure they’ve told recruits for weeks. Makes it easier to get the kids on “UOV” without making it technically an “UOV” and allow them to see practice

As previously reported. the touted signal-caller has the official visit setup for Tennessee on June 11.

“I’m looking forward to seeing the coaches, meeting them in person,” Jackson said. “Virtual visits are great but it’s better to see them in person. I’m looking forward to seeing their campus, all their top facilities and their program and looking forward to meeting their coaches and (potential) teammates too.”

Jackson’s sister used to live in Knoxville so he’s been to town but not the campus.

“Just the coaches,” he said of what stands out. “Coach (Josh) Huepel he’s doing a great job coming in his first year. I just feel like they’re building something special and I can see myself a part of that and I can’t wait to watch them and what they bring to the table this year.”

Jackson is looking at some other official visit dates as well with Texas A&M, Arizona State and UCLA. He talked about each of those programs.
-Wiltfong

Four-star quarterback Tayven Jackson has been set on taking his official visits before making a commitment, and is now in the process of executing that plan. The Indiana passer has a top nine, and announced last week that his first official visit was set with Tennessee for the June 11 weekend.

“They’re just a great program and I think with coach Heup (Josh Heupel) and coach (Joey) Halzle coming in, they are going to do big and great things,” Jackson said. “I can’t wait to watch them this coming year, see what they do, what plays they run and how they develop their players.

“All the coaches on the staff, we have a great relationship. We’re just trying to build that and see if Tennessee is the right fit for me.”

The official visit will be Jackson’s first visit to Tennessee’s Knoxville campus. A second official visit is also scheduled, but the status of that trip is tentative.

“I have UCLA set, but they are kind of in a lockdown period and don’t know when they will be back up,” Jackson said.

If UCLA is able to host official visitors in June, Jackson has scheduled his visit for the weekend of June 25. It will be a return to a state and area with which he has a familiarity.

“Everyone in my family is from there and we visit there all the time,” Jackson said. “It’s like my second home. My dad is from there, so he loves being out there and showing me places where he went when he was a little kid.”

The other schools Jackson announced as his top nine last month are Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Washington State. He has identified Arizona State, Florida State and Texas A&M as the likely destinations for his remaining three official visits, but has not set those dates yet.

- Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

VN Store

Back