'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Greenwood (Ind.) Center Grove’s touted 2022 quarterback Tayven Jackson is close to lining up his official visits.

“I’m getting on that now,” Jackson told 247Sports early Thursday evening. “I’m in contact with schools. I have four schools to do official visits. I don’t know which one is my fifth yet. I’m getting that down with my family.

“I know Tennessee is, Texas A&M, UCLA, Arizona State and I don’t know which one is the fifth one.”
-Wiltfong

One of Tennessee's top quarterback targets might get a chance to take his first look at Tennessee soon. Class of 2022 quarterback Tayven Jackson of Center Grove High School in Greenwood, Ind., told GoVols247 on Wednesday night that he's hoping to travel to Knoxville on Saturday to attend the Vols' open practice.

Tennessee has yet to publicly announce that Saturday's practice will be held at Neyland Stadium and will be open to the public. But the 6-foot-5, 185-pound Jackson said he has been in frequent contact with new Vols coach Josh Heupel's staff over the past several weeks, and while he's already hoping to take an official visit to Knoxville, he's excited about the possibility of not having to wait until at least June to get a firsthand look at Tennessee.

"I think I'm going to go down there Saturday for their spring practice," Jackson said. "It's something that I'm just going to talk to my dad about it, because it's only a five-hour drive, so it's easy. You don't have to plan it."

“I know Tennessee is, Texas A&M, UCLA, Arizona State and I don’t know which one is the fifth one," Jackson told 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong last week.

If he travels to Knoxville this weekend, he won't be able to meet with Tennessee's coaches because of the ongoing NCAA dead period for recruiting. But he said he's looking forward to watching the Vols on the field and seeing for himself what they have to offer.

"I just want to go out and see the vibe of the campus and practice and how they get after it," Jackson said Wednesday night.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back