'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Not trying to defend JG here, but how many kids put into his same situation would have had success? How many different coaches, coordinators, offensive methodologies did he go through in his time here?
Young man took an absolute beating. He wasn’t an SEC QB and instability may be the culprit but Cornbread is the dude that kept trotting him out there. JG took some shots I thought there was no way he gets up from. I wish him the best.

Not trying to defend JG here, but how many kids put into his same situation would have had success? How many different coaches, coordinators, offensive methodologies did he go through in his time here?
I said this myself but JG was a guy who the bright lights was too much for… he had no moxie and no mental toughness. 1 mistake would ruin him for the rest of the game that’s why he was either good or terrible no in between… I hate bashing players tho that’s not my thing I wish JG the best I think he should have went to a group 5 program I think he would shine at that level… he had all the physical tools and work ethic and toughness needed just never had that Qb swag u need to succeed in the SEC.

It didn’t help, but he clearly didn’t get it. Just doesnt have the ability to be a successful big time QB. Was easily fooled by defensive coordinators. Heck, he looked bad in his most recent spring game.

Dude he sucks..he will continue to suck..his first and only pass at Washington state in the spring game was an interception. He gets no excuses..had the same coordinator for the last two years and still....sucked

Reactions: VolSteve
Dude he sucks..he will continue to suck..his first and only pass at Washington state in the spring game was an interception. He gets no excuses..had the same coordinator for the last two years and still....sucked

Trust me, I've bemoaned his lack of skill set as much as anyone. I'm just not sure he's a valid barometer in terms of measuring good or bad based on the hand he was dealt here at UT. I blame the coaches more than him for last season, he should've never seen the field.

I'm no expert like most on here, but I am so excited to see what Coach Hype can do with this guy at QB. He has turned every QB prospect he's worked with into a monster at every stop. And this guy has the intangibles to be great!

Reactions: T Dog
Trust me, I've bemoaned his lack of skill set as much as anyone. I'm just not sure he's a valid barometer in terms of measuring good or bad based on the hand he was dealt here at UT. I blame the coaches more than him for last season, he should've never seen the field.
He would have never played again after he went off script against Alabama if I were the coach.

I'm no expert like most on here, but I am so excited to see what Coach Hype can do with this guy at QB. He has turned every QB prospect he's worked with into a monster at every stop. And this guy has the intangibles to be great!
I don’t think Heup will ever have trouble getting good QB’s on the roster.

Reactions: onevol74
Actually... a lot. Those weren't radical changes and especially his first 3 years under Jones. That was Jones' O and ONLY Jones' O.

Many if not most QB's lose their coordinator at least once during their college career. Tagovailoa had a different OC's and QB coaches in each of his 3 years and improved each year under a HC who was a defensive coach.

I see the question, but having different OCs doesn’t screw up your basic understanding of what it is to be a QB. JG never had that.......

He was tough and did try. I’ll give him that

I see the question, but having different OCs doesn’t screw up your basic understanding of what it is to be a QB. JG never had that.......

He was tough and did try. I’ll give him that
Ainge used to rant about his pet peeve. Back when he was new on air. 'Well he was a good kid.' Perfectly sums up JG.

VN Store

Back