'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Greenwood (Ind.) Center Grove 2022 quarterback Tayven Jackson tells 247Sports that Tennessee extended a scholarship on Sunday. He is quickly becoming one of the more sought-after signal-callers in the country.

Other recent offers for the 6-foot-5, 185-pound Jackson include Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Nebraska, TCU, Michigan, Florida State, Arkansas and Oklahoma State. He's approaching 30 full-rides total, and has intrigue regarding the Vols moving forward.

"New coaching staff," Jackson said of what stands out. "Can’t wait to watch them play."

Vols quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle gave Jackson the good news.

"They said they liked my film and love how I play quarterback," Jackson recapped.

As a junior the 6-foot-5, 185-pound Jackson completed over 62 percent of his passes for 1,756 yards and 17 touchdowns to just five interceptions in leading his team to a state championship in the Hoosier State's largest class. Jackson looked terrific in the camp setting during the summer as well.

We saw him at the QB Collective event in July. “You can see he has loads of talent and very, very athletic,” QB Collective instructor Will Hewlett said. “Raw technically speaking, can refine some things in his throw, but the pieces are there for him to be a pretty big-time guy."

Other offers for Jackson includes Indiana, Michigan State, Iowa, Arizona State and Minnesota.
-Wiltfong

I've seen several people post this over the years. I never understood it. His Arm was terrible IMO. His deep throws floated . It was a jump ball most of the time.

Like the missed TD fade into the endzone against Bama in '19 or when he floated one 15 yards over the wide open TE against Florida that same year.

That rocket from 10 yards away to JJ in the end zone at Florida stands out to me as well. Just no touch whatsoever.

I don’t subscribe to the “you need a mobile QB” line of thinking...but he is very mobile...and it doesn’t take away from his passing.

He has very quick feet for a QB. That long scramble TD to the right in the first 30 seconds of his highlights shows him making a couple of really nice moves.

His high school is the #1 high school football team in Indiana and they’re #12 nationally.
CG is about 5 min down the road from my parents.

They play all the top teams in the state annually. Granted, they're stacked every year and have a great coaching system starting with the youth leagues, but this kid has looked the part. They have some absolute "war daddy's" on the DL.

I've seen several people post this over the years. I never understood it. His Arm was terrible IMO. His deep throws floated . It was a jump ball most of the time.
The deep throw was probably his best pass. We did much better on offense when he was throwing the ball deep or to the sideline down field. When given time. he threw a very nice and catchable ball. His mistakes where mental and often caused by th defensive players bing in his face at about the same time the got the ball from center. Better Line, better results.

I believe we will average close to 14 more points/game the we did the last two years. Our QBs will be much better coached and the Line will also be better coached.

Agreed. He wasn't good at anything. Maybe throwing a good jump ball.

Reactions: vols 30
Jackson is a major target for Florida and other schools but he is in no rush based off his comments to us this past week. Could it change? Maybe but not likely until he can take some visits. That gives Tennessee a much better chance as the ride from the Indianapolis area down to Knoxville isn’t a bad one

vq

Almost 900 miles from Indianapolis to Gainesville. At least a 12 hour drive.

VN Store

Back