'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Can you imagine having a nationally ranked QB as good as Jackson and wasting him in the Wing-T? That would be like having Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant and then running the four corners offense.
It was frustrating and quite honestly boring to watch. Tayven bailing them out on 3rd and longs became routine when running up in the gut every play wasn’t working. Felt like Chaney was calling the offense.

You think Kevin Creasy at Oakland should be fired? The man has a winning percentage of 90%, with 4 or 5 rings.

I remember Oakland having several defensive guys go to the next level but can’t remember many offensive players so my theory of it not helping guys get to the next level still seems like it stands.

Glad those kids get to win state titles tho, that is a cool experience, just would prefer them to have the best of both worlds. Win rings and play in schemes that help them transition to college football.

I remember Oakland having several defensive guys go to the next level but can’t remember many offensive players so my theory of it not helping guys get to the next level still seems like it stands.

Glad those kids get to win state titles tho, that is a cool experience, just would prefer them to have the best of both worlds. Win rings and play in schemes that help them transition to college football.
high school coaches that still run that type of offense should be fired.
No theory there, just an asinine comment.

No theory there, just an asinine comment.

deleting my comment. I’ll just say I didn’t realize a statement with so much hyperbole would rile anyone up.

My throwaway joke certainly wasn’t meant as an attack on the Oakland coach’s legacy.

Last edited:
You think Kevin Creasy at Oakland should be fired? The man has a winning percentage of 90%, with 4 or 5 rings.

some of these post are just blatantly DUMB. Creasy and the coach prior to him at a Oakland ran wing T and win with it. Also Hendersonville had a coach run it for years and dominated Sumner County then made deep playoff runs but I don’t recall a state championship. You run what you want to run as long as the system works and wins there are no complaints.

some of these post are just blatantly DUMB. Creasy and the coach prior to him at a Oakland ran wing T and win with it. Also Hendersonville had a coach run it for years and dominated Sumner County then made deep playoff runs but I don’t recall a state championship. You run what you want to run as long as the system works and wins there are no complaints.
Rankins at Alcoa as well. Riverdale before that.

Does his team run the ball a lot? Looked at the stats and over his career they’re not crazy eye popping. Nothing like what we saw with HB out of HS. They only passed 18 times last game. Kind of low to have a 4 star QB leading the way.

Say what you want but I think running a wing T offense in high school is very selfish. It values winning over player development. I get it for some schools that really need to use it but schools that are a top 10 team in the nation and have multiple top247 recruits shouldn't be using it imo. It's kinda like running a zone defense in basketball for young, young kids. It will win you a ton of games because nobody can shoot at a high level but the kids don't get any development out of that system

Say what you want but I think running a wing T offense in high school is very selfish. It values winning over player development. I get it for some schools that really need to use it but schools that are a top 10 team in the nation and have multiple top247 recruits shouldn't be using it imo. It's kinda like running a zone defense in basketball for young, young kids. It will win you a ton of games because nobody can shoot at a high level but the kids don't get any development out of that system
Uhh… well High School coaches like to win State Championships…. So you know if it’s winning them this I doubt they are going to shift philosophies lol…

WTH did I just read

Valuing winning championships over developing players 🤷🏼‍♂️
Lol 😂…. Dude… do you hear yourself?

Alright guys I’m here to develop all of you, we are going to lose every game but by god you’ll develop….

Lol, dunno about your High School but mine has won championships and I don’t think anyone would complain because they didn’t “develop” 😂

“Selfish” or your responsibility?
Irvin Favre coached his son at Hancock North Central High School. He said he knew Brett had a good arm, but he also had an abundance of good running backs. So, for the three years Brett was the starting quarterback, Hancock North ran the wishbone.
One of the school's signature plays at the time was a pitchout with Brett Favre as the lead blocker.
"If I had wanted to showcase my son, I could have let him throw," Irvin Favre said later. "But I thought I did a good job in that what I was doing was in the best interest of the team."

VN Store

Back