'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Jackson completed 13 of 18 passes for 147 yards and rushed for minus-10 yards on six carries Friday night to lead Central Grove to a 29-19 victory over Lawrence North High School of Indianapolis in Indiana's Class 6A Region 4 championship. The Trojans will take on Indianapolis' Ben Davis High School in Friday's semi-state championship, with the winner advancing to the state title game on Nov. 27.
-Callahan

HoleInTheRoof

True measure of a man is his likes/post ratio
Some of you have asked about Tayven Jackson and the smoke that is out there about Ole Miss making a pitch to him, but he is yet to visit there and has been here nearly all fall so that would be a bit of a surprise unless he takes a trip to Oxford.
-VQ

kamoshika

Center Grove smashed Ben Davis 45-6 tonight in their semistate matchup. While Jackson didn't have a stellar night passing (3 of 8 for 69 yards), he had a breakout game running the ball with 104 yards on just 8 carries, including a 44-yard TD. "We put in a run play for me, finally,” Jackson said with a smile. “They put it in, so I ran it.”

TitanicVolz

I'm off to save my life...BrB keep my seat warm😉
Kid sounds very coachable,u can't underestimate that when recruiting guys for that position.Im not blown away with his numbers and all that but he's got a good skill set to work with so I trust Heupuel and company to do their thing...

peaygolf

The "Fly" is open.........Let's Go Peay!!!!
Center Grove smashed Ben Davis 45-6 tonight in their semistate matchup. While Jackson didn't have a stellar night passing (3 of 8 for 69 yards), he had a breakout game running the ball with 104 yards on just 8 carries, including a 44-yard TD. "We put in a run play for me, finally,” Jackson said with a smile. “They put it in, so I ran it.”

Buzzbait

I’ve never once seen Peyton listed at 6’7”…he’s listed at 6’5” on NFL stats and that’s the tallest I’ve ever seen him listed. I thought he was listed 6’4” in college.
So Peyton had a late growth spurt and all this time we thought it was a receding hairline visual.

ERvolsfan

I'm not too worried about Ole Miss with him, but speaking of Ole Miss, his game does kind of remind me of Matt Corral, I think he has that type of potential and style to him. If he ends up developing into our own version of Matt Corral that would be nice

ERvolsfan

I didn’t realize he can run line corral. Hope he can

I'm definitely no tape expert or anything. He's technically not labeled as a Dual Threat QB, Hes labeled as a pocket passer / pro style.

So I’m just going off first impression just eye test.

However from what I’ve seen he does have some agility and wheels to his game, he’s just not used in that way.

Ulysees E. McGill

"Worst member on VolNation"
I don't see how the kid can ever develop any kind of rhythm passing in their offense. He probably averages what, maybe 1 pass out of every 5-6 plays in most games? That has got to make it difficult.

HoleInTheRoof

True measure of a man is his likes/post ratio
I like this kid and hope he balls out in Knoxville, but if VN just saw his film and stats, without knowing his recruiting rankling, some would go ape sh!+ about him even being offered.
Two things I won’t question …. DL Rodney Garner wants and QBs Josh Heupel wants.

VN Store