QB Bailey wins 5 star challenge MVP ...

Why is his national ranking only 120 on 247sports.com? He has dropped like a rock since November when his national ranking was in the 60's, and I haven't seen any explanation for it. He is obviously, impressing on a national stage right now... but will I be surprised if he drops any further down? Nope. We joke about it a lot... but commitment-perception bias is very real. There is no way that Harrison Bailey would have dropped that much if he was either an Alabama or Georgia commitment. He isn't perceived to be as good, just because he is committed to Tennessee. That has to be it.

Why is his national ranking only 120 on 247sports.com? He has dropped like a rock since November when his national ranking was in the 60's, and I haven't seen any explanation for it. He is obviously, impressing on a national stage right now... but will I be surprised if he drops any further down? Nope. We joke about it a lot... but commitment-perception bias is very real. There is no way that Harrison Bailey would have dropped that much if he was either an Alabama or Georgia commitment. He isn't perceived to be as good, just because he is committed to Tennessee. That has to be it.

QUARTERBACK MVP

Tennessee-300.png

otgfnpq7urk3esxiijrl

NATIONAL

STATE

POSITION

Harrison

Bailey

RANK

6'4" | 220 lbs | PRO QB

Marietta

Marietta, GA

CLASS OF 2020

VERBAL COMMIT

11/29/2018
Tennessee

q5xvjupdnavjxhjdhlrn

Harrison Bailey
Bailey had a fantastic day dropping perfect passes throughout the camp, putting it right on receivers with pace when needed and taking something off when that was the right call as well. No quarterback had the consistency that the Tennessee commit showed throughout the day although it should be noted that all the quarterbacks were impressive. Bailey is noticeably lighter than he was around this time last season but his arm strength is still there and his ability to put the ball right where it needs to be nearly every time really stood out.

Actually discussion at 247....

"This kid is amazing, we need to up him to 5 Stars!"

"Uh sir..... he committed to Tennessee."

"Oh.......never mind."

That's pretty much the way it goes.

Attachments

• Smokey keeping warm.jpg
    Smokey keeping warm.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: tbh
I'm not a conspiracy theorist by no means, but this talk of stars and UT may have some legs. Look at this article from before HB was even in high school. The talent was already there and everyone knew it. So now he's dropping? Even though he has continued to meet the expectations placed on him even from middle school and stay humble with that talent? They would have made that 6th star if he had committed to Alubbuba. And especially considering these lines, and this is when he was 14!

"But how has Bailey arrived on the radar of college coaching royalty such as Alabama head coach Nick Saban, and why is he poised to become the next star in a growing line of passers who hail from the Peach State? "

"Tony Ballard, a noted quarterback trainer in the Atlanta area, has worked with Bailey since he was in the fifth grade.
" His physical gifts stood out immediately, but it was his football intelligence that left the biggest impression on Ballard."
"I've seen a lot of kids his age that don't really understand the game like he does," Ballard says. "I think Harrison is two to three years ahead of his time.
"When you think of elite quarterbacks, you can look across the country at the guys who are coming out of high school. ... The best guys are the ones that are ahead of their time. That's how they separate themselves from the average quarterbacks. That's where Harrison is. In terms of his mental aspect, he's just advanced for his age."
Mills, who is the top quarterback and the No. 6 player overall in the 2017 class, agreed with that sentiment.
"I am impressed by how mature he is already. He'll make a small mistake on one ball, and on the next throw it'll already be fixed," Mills says. "To be able to self-correct and not hang your head is something he is very good at."

The silver lining is the tweet from him "Happy to have a an offer from Alabama." Almost spit out my coffee laughing. Take that you gnome sized troll of a coach of the toilet of Merica. (with all due respect to his record, I still can't watch him.)

So F Alabama and Go Vols!!!

Exactly. He was the #2 QB before he committed to us and since he's committed, he's dropped while doing stuff like this. We see it all the time, it's no longer a coincidence unless they start correcting their bs
Only in the rankings which are made by people who don't know s much about football as coaches. After his performance last week, he proved he is a top five or better QB . I liked him when he committed and like him even more now. I do not know of a QB I would rather have in this class.

He needs to go ahead and commit to the gimps to see if his rating goes up and then on signing day sign with us and then see if his rating drops.

I’m always glad to hear good things about a Tn commit.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Not really. The roster was just that bad. They could play him 4 games without losing redshirt. He didn’t even get in all 4.

He went awol and didn’t participate in spring practice.

So, you pulled your comments out of your rectum.
A 4 star winning a 5 star challenge, nice.
QUARTERBACK MVP

Tennessee-300.png

otgfnpq7urk3esxiijrl

Harrison Bailey
Bailey had a fantastic day dropping perfect passes throughout the camp, putting it right on receivers with pace when needed and taking something off when that was the right call as well. No quarterback had the consistency that the Tennessee commit showed throughout the day although it should be noted that all the quarterbacks were impressive. Bailey is noticeably lighter than he was around this time last season but his arm strength is still there and his ability to put the ball right where it needs to be nearly every time really stood out.

He is a six-star in my book.
Congrats, my Man!

RE: No quarterback had the consistency that the Tennessee commit showed throughout the day although it should be noted that all the quarterbacks were impressive.

Re: He is a six-star in my book.

True.

If all the 5-Stars were impressive and the 4-Star had more consistency than them all, that, logically, would equate Bailey to a 6-Star "throughout the day."

But, we just need to start winning and this can suffice for now -- "No quarterback had the consistency that the Tennessee commit showed throughout the day".

Wait -- were there any 5-star qbs there?

VN Store

Back