Push to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October...

The weekend prior to Halloweeen is for the adults to have their parties. Halloween itself is for kids to go trick or treating.

Don’t screw up kids fun.
The problem is when it falls during the week, kids have school. It's to create more time for kids to actually do it.

The problem is when it falls during the week, kids have school. It's to create more time for kids to actually do it.
Oh I understand that. I get that.

I was a kid once, in the 90’s. I had no problem trick or treating. No one I knew did. I always made out with the loot. The problem is that parents don’t want to focus on just the kiddos that day. Thats unfortunate.

By parents you know what I mean.

Reactions: davethevol
Oh I understand that. I get that.

I was a kid once, in the 90’s. I had no problem trick or treating. No one I knew did. I always made out with the loot. The problem is that parents don’t want to focus on just the kiddos that day. Thats unfortunate.

By parents you know what I mean.
Oh I know what you mean. It's like 70% who let their kids wander around ALONE on Halloween. Thats asinine nowadays IMO

Reactions: joevol33
Oh I know what you mean. It's like 70% who let their kids wander around ALONE on Halloween. Thats asinine nowadays IMO
I know what you mean by alone, but when i was real little my dad was always with, sure, but at some point I was with a bunch of friends for years until I quit.

I can’t imagine it’s widespread that kids are alone for it.

I know what you mean by alone, but when i was real little my dad was always with, sure, but at some point I was with a bunch of friends for years until I quit.

I can’t imagine it’s widespread that kids are alone for it.
I wasn't alone until like 8th grade or so.

According to the article, 70% let their kids go out unattended.

I wasn't alone until like 8th grade or so.

According to the article, 70% let their kids go out unattended.

7th grade was my last year.

By unattended what do you mean? No adult?

My last base the only day I took off was Halloween. Everyone thought I was going to a party. I went because my step dad was sick and my mom stayed home. I took it off to take my little brother and sister trick or treating. I love Halloween. My older sister and I get real I to it. I can’t imagine that parents are just too damn busy to have fun with their kids on Halloween for this proposal to move Halloween to a weekend.

Always been an advocate of this idea. Was always funner trick-or-treating on a Friday or Saturday and Friday still had people at work later in the day.

7th grade was my last year.

By unattended what do you mean? No adult?

My last base the only day I took off was Halloween. Everyone thought I was going to a party. I went because my step dad was sick and my mom stayed home. I took it off to take my little brother and sister trick or treating. I love Halloween. My older sister and I get real I to it. I can’t imagine that parents are just too damn busy to have fun with their kids on Halloween for this proposal to move Halloween to a weekend.

Do you live in la-la land? It happens everyday

This sounds like a dumb idea. What if the 31st lands on a Friday? You gonna do trick or treating on the 25th?

Most teachers know not to assign homework on Halloween and young kids are generally done by 8ish.

My neighborhood has a huge trick or treat turnout. We easily give out 1500 pieces of candy. It’s over by 9pm and the last hour is mostly tweens and teens.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
This sounds like a dumb idea. What if the 31st lands on a Friday? You gonna do trick or treating on the 25th?

Most teachers know not to assign homework on Halloween and young kids are generally done by 8ish.

My neighborhood has a huge trick or treat turnout. We easily give out 1500 pieces of candy. It’s over by 9pm and the last hour is mostly tweens and teens.
Sacrilege if it’s the 25th? Never cared about the actual date. It’s towards the end of the month...works for Thanksgiving.

We were just discussing the same. When it falls during the week, the next day is a total wash for most kids.

Apparently, the petition should be addressed to the Pope. Eastern Orthodox celebrates All Saints Day on 1st Sunday after Pentecost so their Halloween would always be a Saturday. Roman Catholic Church designates November 1 as All Saints Day, so western Halloween is always the 31st.

VN Store

Back